EXACT point at which Affection Switches

Takuwind

I have been searching high and low for information on Exactly when affection gain switches from Low to High for the gift categories like Courting that allow a switch for some companions.

I want to see this info (as a made-up example):

Companion: Vette

Gift type: Courting

Affection must be over 6,000 and Act I must be complete

Companion: Risha

Gift type: Luxury

Affection must be over 4,000 and you must have flirted with her 10 times

Does ANYONE know the answer to this puzzler? I have seen endless posts where someone says that it changes at (some vague point) or under (certain unspecified condition). I was hoping that someone was working on this!

:)

** EDIT **

Since most people still didn't understand the question, I added the following:

To understand my question, you need to understand the standard Gift chart, like this one:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/.Public/Swtor%20companion%20gift%20guide%20vol%202.xlsx?cid=e77018d864cdb5c7&app=Excel

Most gifts always give the same affection gain (if given at the appropriate Rank). Some, however, have multiple categories of affection gain. In the chart they are marked like this: +/+++.

Before the switch, your companion will react as if it is a gift they LIKE. After the switch, they will react as if it is a gift the LOVE.

Now that you understand that, please comment on my original post...

Thanks ;)

Edited by Takuwind

Yes of that much I am sure.

Of all the posts I have read, the ONLY promising lead is the possibility that you have to finish Act I. But I still think there is more to it than that.

There is a LOT of guessing and vague answers on this one. Hoping someone knows. In the end, it just might be too early for this to be answered.

Yes of that much I am sure.

Of all the posts I have read, the ONLY promising lead is the possibility that you have to finish Act I. But I still think there is more to it than that.

There is a LOT of guessing and vague answers on this one. Hoping someone knows. In the end, it just might be too early for this to be answered.

Well its probably after a certain companion quest that it changes...and the quests are available depending on affection AND story progression, and possibly even your character level.

Edited by Ravaran

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't courting just another 'gift'?

I've been giving Corso courting gifts as soon as it was possible (meaning around lvl 10-11) and he's already flirting hc with me, has already tried to drunk-kiss me and given me the gun. I'm lvl 21, so hardly done with act I...:confused:

Haha,

I love how you asked for Specific information with hard numbers, and all of the responses have been "I assume its like..." or "it probably like..." or "usually..."

I would also like to know the hard numbers for each companion. Would just be useful information to have.

Haha,

I love how you asked for Specific information with hard numbers, and all of the responses have been "I assume its like..." or "it probably like..." or "usually..."

I would also like to know the hard numbers for each companion. Would just be useful information to have.

well, to be fair, without the 'I don't know' answers this topic would long be burried...

and I'd guess there's a reason why there are no 'hard numbers' around yet. it's hard to figure out - or nobody cared enough to actually do it (hey, why don't you try it? :p)

To understand my question, you need to understand the standard Gift chart, like this one:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/.Public/Swtor%20companion%20gift%20guide%20vol%202.xlsx?cid=e77018d864cdb5c7&app=Excel

Most gifts always give the same affection gain (if given at the appropriate Rank). Some, however, have multiple categories of affection gain. In the chart they are marked like this: +/+++.

Before the switch, your companion will react as if it is a gift they LIKE. After the switch, they will react as if it is a gift they LOVE.

Now that you understand that, please comment on my original post...

Thanks ;)

Edited by Takuwind

Can't really give you much "positive" information, but kinda a negative: It is not necessary to have finished Act 1 to get points from Andronikus as if you're courting -Inquisitor on Alderaan was able to give him luxury/military gifts for full 9...6? points in the 2000-4000 range (and continuing). Didn't try to give him those before 2000, since I had plenty of weapons sitting around waiting for him in that range. DID sleep with the other Sith on Alderaan -which didn't seem to bother him much to be honest. (Actually, I think I got plus affection out of that one....) Have however flirted with Andronikus every chance I got as well -but hey, the guy doesn't want to be tied down.

I am however fully open to the possibility that he's simply a **** :D

In a similar vein my lvl 24 male agent (obviously still in act one, nar shaddah to be exact) gets full points from Kaliyo for luxury gifts. I believe this started already after 2000 affection, but might have been at 4000+ Have had some "relationship" talkyness happening (to be exact, we've kissed) but my agent is still flirting with everything that moves :S

Though again... Seriously, this is Kaliyo we're speaking about. Definatly a ****.

Hm, around 3000 affection with Vector

I got to the quest where I could confirm that I was not entirely "professional" in my relationship with him.

After that he liked my courting presents ;)

Edited to add: Forgot to say that this was early on in act 2 -I believe this conversation only triggers after you've been sent to Taris

Edited by Rindjata

• 1 month later...

Mako = After companion quest, "All Mixed Up"; Affection ~= 8100; Kiss her when the option appears :cool:

Btw, with Mako, don't bother keeping Rank 1-3 courting items, rather sell them on the GTN. By the time you can use them on her, they're useless.

Also, at level 50 you can run dailies on Belsavis with any companion to quickly boost their affection, instead of spending money on the GTN yourself.

Edited by Heliac

Just some info for peeps who might not know this and blow a fortune on gifts, the later on in the story you get a companion the more affection you gain for convs with them if they are out when you are talking to anm npc, so for example 1st companion gets an average of 10-15 affection per normal reply they like, and then after that its goes along the lines of 32, 42 etc etc. Edited by Shingara