UI Question

nvmvoidrays

so, i just recently came back and i reinstalled it right back to where it was before. i figured since i hadn't changed/removed anything, i'd just be able to load up all my old keybindings and layouts just fine, right?

well, keybindings were fine, but apparently, my layout was erased or something else. i forgot to re-subscribe when i first logged back in, so, when i loaded up my character, it said, "unable to load <character> ui" or something to that effect. when i started running around, i realized i hadn't re-subscribed, so, i did that really quickly.

i started messing around with my UI and i couldn't find the settings that i previously had. i even navigated to the GUI folder underneath the AppData/Local/SWTOR/settings and it said it was last modified back in Feb 2019, which is when i last played, but when i try and load it, it just brings up the default UI.

so, did i accidentally screw myself over? i do remember vaguely how my UI was, so, it wouldn't be a huge deal to re-do it, but, if i can avoid it, that'd also be fantastic.

To my knowledge personal keybinds and gui files are stored locally, those should still be there when u uninstalled the game.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

When you open your interface editor you should be able to select the uifile directly on top.

The drop-down menu holds the swtor defaults and self created and named ui files. Juist select the paper icon, left position of the double icons, to load.

Are you running the game "as Administrator"?

If there are UI files in Appdata, it could be a 'permissions' issue.

Of course, if there are no UI files in Appdata, then .... there's no UI files. They/it got deleted somehow.

Also, have you gone to Interface Editor (in Preferences) and check to see if there's any UIs listed under the drop down at the top? The UI files may be there, but the game has lost the name to auto-load it.

Edited by JediQuaker

Are you running the game "as Administrator"?

If there are UI files in Appdata, it could be a 'permissions' issue.

Of course, if there are no UI files in Appdata, then .... there's no UI files. They/it got deleted somehow.

Also, have you gone to Interface Editor (in Preferences) and check to see if there's any UIs listed under the drop down at the top? The UI files may be there, but the game has lost the name to auto-load it.

i've checked all that and it only has the default UIs and a <character> 1, which is what it said it failed to load. i'm guessing that i'm just screwed.