200 Wins for Top 3, Big Drama in Team Ranked

RikuvonDrake

Your observations here accord with my understanding except I slightly disagree with your TLDR. I think what you described regarding s11 group ranked just has to do with it being dead. I don't know what Bioware could do if no one is playing it and guilds organize "kickball" events and those people get top 3s (the new win requirements should fix that problem of course). So, when I said the top 3s were more legit in s11, I was pretty much discounting group ranked as a lost cause, but still your clarifications are appreciated.

We'll see about the state of Team Ranked when nobody will be eligible for Top3 reward anyway, even gold will probably not be reached, apart from maybe one or two team worldwide. I don't see how peoples will find a team to q against 200 times, even in a year lmao, apart from, y'know, the obvious botting.

Altho we might see some surprise on lower populated servers. After all if there's only two team playing against each other on the whole server, elo and win can quickly stack up. Although I doubt peoples will have the patience to fight against the same guys for more than 20 times.

Even at the time on Battle Meditation, I remember peoples were quickly stopping q when they got beaten up two or three times in a row.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see about the state of Team Ranked when nobody will be eligible for Top3 reward anyway, even gold will probably not be reached, apart from maybe one or two team worldwide. I don't see how peoples will find a team to q against 200 times, even in a year lmao, apart from, y'know, the obvious botting.

Altho we might see some surprise on lower populated servers. After all if there's only two team playing against each other on the whole server, elo and win can quickly stack up. Although I doubt peoples will have the patience to fight against the same guys for more than 20 times.

Even at the time on Battle Meditation, I remember peoples were quickly stopping q when they got beaten up two or three times in a row.

Don't listen to jedimastee all he cares about is killing pvp. Either he is jealous to top 3 or just hates swtor idk. He doesn't understand what dead content means and what it causes for a game. Players quit if there is not enough content to play. Dead uprisings, dead galactic star fighter, dead fortresses, dead tr just forces players to play content that isn't dead and playing same content gets pretty boring with time

So what if no one gets Top3 in Team Ranked. Or gold.

You've just said what everyone knows, it's corrupt and barely played.

Elitist awards aren't worth giving out if people laugh at how they're gained.

So what if no one gets Top3 in Team Ranked. Or gold.

You've just said what everyone knows, it's corrupt and barely played.

Elitist awards aren't worth giving out if people laugh at how they're gained.

Season 10: top teams were fighting against top teams, mat farmers, decent teams and vice versa. Everyone had pops, people were engaged into doing something, bought sub, buyed cartel coins, were playing both sr and tr.

Season 11-12: dead tr, people unsub due to lack of content, nothing to do in swtor, solo ranked started to pop much less frequent and pops mostly on EU server (DM), tr turned into wintraders against their friends having easy wins with zero effort and bot farming, pvp players unsub and not buying CC.

Between these two i choose first one even if it means some teams would dodge top teams (and it is pretty difficult to do since they never know who is queuing on both rep and imp side and what characters they on). At least people will play content, game will thrive. Top rewards will be received in any scenario either by big wintrade groups geting 200 wins while content is dead or active teams in alive content era

Season 10: top teams were fighting against top teams, mat farmers, decent teams and vice versa. Everyone had pops, people were engaged into doing something, bought sub, buyed cartel coins, were playing both sr and tr.

Season 11-12: dead tr, people unsub due to lack of content, nothing to do in swtor, solo ranked started to pop much less frequent and pops mostly on EU server (DM), tr turned into wintraders against their friends having easy wins with zero effort and bot farming, pvp players unsub and not buying CC.

Between these two i choose first one even if it means some teams would dodge top teams (and it is pretty difficult to do since they never know who is queuing on both rep and imp side and what characters they on). At least people will play content, game will thrive. Top rewards will be received in any scenario either by big wintrade groups geting 200 wins while content is dead or active teams in alive content era

Maybe if all these solo ranked heroes would create teams...but they won’t...because it’s easier to hide behind the excuse of other said random player is why I lost the match and lost rating etc, etc, etc...

How could there be "big wintrade groups geting 200 wins" in group ranked without getting caught? Seems highly unlikely.

Maybe if all these solo ranked heroes would create teams...but they won’t...because it’s easier to hide behind the excuse of other said random player is why I lost the match and lost rating etc, etc, etc...

Why on earth would I waste time queueing for a dead game mode? Even if I gathered a team and queued, it literally wouldn't pop. Your armchair psychology is irrelevant.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

How could there be "big wintrade groups geting 200 wins" in group ranked without getting caught? Seems highly unlikely.

The thing is that we don't know how Bioware will react, they have two options in this case. Either they want the Top3 reward to be distributed in TR so they'll pass for the wintrade. Or they won't distribute Top3 reward at all. I think they'll prefer the first rather than the second, because it would be admitting that the mode's dead.

Like I said, on empty servers it's really hard to discern wintrade from just two groups playing team ranked, if they're the only one to q doesn't always mean they'll wintrade. Leviathan pre-fusion was the perfect example of this, you had bad teams in tr q, getting farmed by good teams. The players in the bad teams were legitimately bad, but just wanted either mats or tryhard a bit of ranked to get better. Yeah there were only three teams in t-ranked at the time, but the server was so empty that you can't really call that "cheating".

imo the issue with team ranked is the elo system that doesn't work with it because it is too easy to climb on lower servers, and the lack of cross-server q that makes procs even more rare.

Edited by supertimtaf

The thing is that we don't know how Bioware will react, they have two options in this case. Either they want the Top3 reward to be distributed in TR so they'll pass for the wintrade. Or they won't distribute Top3 reward at all. I think they'll prefer the first rather than the second, because it would be admitting that the mode's dead.

I think the addition of these win requirements tell us definitively that they prefer option two. It seems to be like a challenge to group ranked: if you want rewards from it, you better start playing it. Who knows, maybe it will revive, I could still be wrong.

Like I said, on empty servers it's really hard to discern wintrade from just two groups playing team ranked, if they're the only one to q doesn't always mean they'll wintrade.

When they only needed a dozen wins to get top 3, sure. But if they need 200 wins, that is a ton of wintrading, and it should be trivial for Mike B to detect and punish it. No one has ever had to wintrade on this scale before to get rewards.

When they only needed a dozen wins to get top 3, sure. But if they need 200 wins, that is a ton of wintrading, and it should be trivial for Mike B to detect and punish it. No one has ever had to wintrade on this scale before to get rewards.

Fair point, we'll see how it turns out anyway, it's too early to judge for now. :rak_03:

Why on earth would I waste time queueing for a dead game mode? Even if I gathered a team and queued, it literally wouldn't pop. Your armchair psychology is irrelevant.

By your logic and numbers, team ranked would be popping if all the solo ranked peeps got teams and played team ranked. /console

By your logic and numbers, team ranked would be popping if all the solo ranked peeps got teams and played team ranked. /console

What a moronic point to make. What does that have to do with any individual's decision to form a team and queue? If I got a team together and queued, it wouldn't pop and would be an utter waste of time, period. I have no obligation to waste time like that just because you mistakenly think it's a superior game mode lol.

What a moronic point to make. What does that have to do with any individual's decision to form a team and queue? If I got a team together and queued, it wouldn't pop and would be an utter waste of time, period. I have no obligation to waste time like that just because you mistakenly think it's a superior game mode lol.

#triggered

Out of curiosity, are there other solo q players who have never played vs top group ranked teams who think that solo ranked is the highest form of pvp in this game? (alex no need to respond, we all know your position on this)

I'll respond anyway, thank you very much. My position is that they are coequal pvp modes (if they are both actively played). Neither is superior to the other in my opinion. One primarily tests teamwork, the other primarily tests individual performance.

And remember, solo ranked is indisputably the highest form of pvp in this game by default, because group ranked is dead until proven otherwise.

I'll respond anyway, thank you very much. My position is that they are coequal pvp modes (if they are both actively played). Neither is superior to the other in my opinion. One primarily tests teamwork, the other primarily tests individual performance.

And remember, solo ranked is indisputably the highest form of pvp in this game by default, because group ranked is dead until proven otherwise.

If you just left the first paragraph, every person with half a braincell would've agreed. But you added the 2nd one. Have fun with people keeping this useless discussion alive. :D

If you just left the first paragraph, every person with half a braincell would've agreed. But you added the 2nd one. Have fun with people keeping this useless discussion alive. :D

lol well, if anything the second paragraph is less controversial because it's just stating facts, but I do see what you mean.

lol well, if anything the second paragraph is less controversial because it's just stating facts, but I do see what you mean.

Also “facts”: Ranked is dead because it’s harder and a more challenging game mode causing people to avoid it because they have fragile egos. Oh and it’s also more indicative of your skill as a solo and team player. Solo ranked is as much as measure of your skill as queuing for regular war zones/arenas.

#changemymind

Also “facts”: Ranked is dead because it’s harder and a more challenging game mode causing people to avoid it because they have fragile egos. Oh and it’s also more indicative of your skill as a solo and team player. Solo ranked is as much as measure of your skill as queuing for regular war zones/arenas.

#changemymind

Proofreading is an important skill when posting trash talk.

You run the risk of ego damage when someone reads it, reads it again and gets sarcastic.

Edited by Gyronamics

#changemymind

I grow tired of posting the numbers for people over and over again. Go look at the leaderboards and sort by wins; compare solo ranked to group ranked. If you can't come to the conclusion on your own that group ranked is dead, I really can't help you.

Making up nonsensical "reasons" for why it's dead doesn't change the fact that it is in fact dead, and therefore irrelevant. It would be like extolling the virtues of 8v8 ranked, or even some other game mode that has never existed in the game. It's just a waste of time to consider anything other than solo ranked when discussing the current state of the game.

Edited by JediMasterAlex