Opinions on disciplines

Tenacity

Not big on watchman, I just dont like the dot stacking playstyle (especially doing non-group content), but between combat and concentration which one do people prefer and why? I'm working on my first sentinel (never played marauder either) right now, and I'm enjoying the acrobatic lightsaber combat so far. It seems like concentration focuses more on force powers, so I'm not sure if that's a good or bad change to the base playstyle. Right now I'm specced into combat, only level 16 or so.

Just looking for some pros/cons and opinions from other sentinels.

Watchman is definitely more endgame than leveling.

For leveling I would go with Concentration (my favorite spec since launch), which got a buff recently and is very very viable for both PVP and PVE now. The rotation is very simple, even though you got a few more abilities than in Combat, but its still easy. During leveling everything dies at the hands of your companion anyway. The extra leap you have in Concentration is great for some PVP situations and mainly the fact that you can leap on Snipers in cover for example. Combat was nerfed, well fixed and does not provide the advantage in damage that it did before and even the famous Cyclone Slash AOE is now not that useful.

I Think all speccs are great and I leveled as annihilation and it was fine.

Anni is one of the top dps speccs atm, check parsely if u dont belive me.

Personally I love carnage but recently i tried fury now i mostly play fury cause its easier and stronger. Im kind of conflicted cause i really want to play carnage but its just more work then fury, fury is so strong and easy cause i dont have to w8 for the burst window i can do great damage all the time. Also aoe is great as fury.

I Think the general view is that fury is the top specc for mara, both pve and pvp. Anni does the best sustained dps in pve and carnage is viable but behind the other two.

To sum it up - play whatever you like, get good at it and it works for Everything.

I Think all speccs are great and I leveled as annihilation and it was fine.

Anni is one of the top dps speccs atm, check parsely if u dont belive me.

Personally I love carnage but recently i tried fury now i mostly play fury cause its easier and stronger. Im kind of conflicted cause i really want to play carnage but its just more work then fury, fury is so strong and easy cause i dont have to w8 for the burst window i can do great damage all the time. Also aoe is great as fury.

I Think the general view is that fury is the top specc for mara, both pve and pvp. Anni does the best sustained dps in pve and carnage is viable but behind the other two.

To sum it up - play whatever you like, get good at it and it works for Everything.

That’s because with 5.x carnage is now the burst spec and fury is now the hybrid (quasi) spec. With carnage being burst it is supposed to do the least overall dps of the three specs.

Hands down though you should always level as fury (consintration). Mara is really rage starved so it makes up for it. I would consider switching til about level 50 if you do wanna switch.

DoT specs are always less ideal for leveling as things die to fast for dots to be worth it, and anni's not getting any impressive abilities till Annihilate at 42.

Carnage always did pretty fine for me, but fury works pretty well also.

Just so you know sentinel and marauder's abilities are mirrored including disciplines

I personally prefer fury / concentration because its the easiest to do and its very effective , its literally lay out your bursts and time your stuns that would be about it

as in annihilator / watchman I cant say its that difficult but I personally dislike its playstyle , though its probably the best at stacking dps in pve

carnage marauder / combat sentinel is hardest to play in my opinion in my opinion sam said it doesn't have many more bursts than the others and its complex , time bursts right , know when to use acd's (attack cooldowns like ferocity on mara don't know what its called on sentinel) and rage (Or whatev its called for sentinel) building is a bit hard