NEW Outfit designer: Cannot unify colors

SirMannii

For some reason the Outlander Scavenger's Breastplate doesn't seem to change color after I placed a dye in it. I put the dye in and made an outfit of it through the designer, but the chest piece stays the same brown it starts out with and changes everything else brown when I try to unify the colors regardless of the dye in the chest piece.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not had an issue with unifying colors until now. I think it has to do with the specific type of armor. The problem I am experiencing is with Darth Andeddu Lower body armor.

Picture of Character on Load Screen:

http://i.imgur.com/3KZKqgQ.png

Unified colors for chest and lower body armor. The lower body armor has a secondary stamped dye only:

2XPU32D.png

Showing the stamped dye in the upper body armor - primary color:

ZMgCVOj.png

If I do not unify colors the lower body looks like this:

bo2215d.png

As you can see, the picture of the unified colors correctly shows the lower body armor displaying as a solid purple in the Character Active Tab. However, if you look at my character in the game it does not unify that same look and shows a two-tone color. This is regardless of whether I unify the lower body armor to the chest piece or not.

Also before I bought the dye I looked at it in the preview window and the colors unified correctly. You can see that the belt dye is working which was Green and White. Also the boots are unifying correctly.

Edited by Swingkittie

• 4 years later...

I was just struggling with this as well, so wanted to put the solution down in case someone else comes a lookin'

Make sure your dye is on the chest piece. You don't need to have a copy under the "Outfitter"

Below your name in outfitter is a "Show gear as outfit" click that, and then click unify.

Viola!