Cybertechs need love too...

Carico

1.2 as brought practically nothing to cybertechs. The ability to sell speeders is pretty much useless considering the cost to make. And with yet a new tier of raiding and pvp not many people want to lvl 49 earpieces, and lvl 49 mods and armoring never sold well from the get go. I've only seen 1 claim of RE a mod from blackhole gear, not the armoring. And this is just pve, there is literally nothing new for cybertechs for pvp, where all the armor crafters get new orange patterns that will sell extremely well, since augmented shells are the best you can get. Even though its not much, artificers get color crystals, at least that's something. But unless you're in an endgame raid guild and have blackhole gear on farm, there's no way for anyone else to learn those patterns, and not necessarily blackhole rated patters, but even lower rated lvl 50 patters, there is nothing a cybertech can learn. And you can't RE pvp mods either, not even the obsolete centurion nor champion gear can be RE to new patterns. So why was it a point to say you can RE endgame loot to learn those patterns when the ones that can be learned are not only few, but very difficult to obtain?

1.2 as brought practically nothing to cybertechs. The ability to sell speeders is pretty much useless considering the cost to make. And with yet a new tier of raiding and pvp not many people want to lvl 49 earpieces, and lvl 49 mods and armoring never sold well from the get go. I've only seen 1 claim of RE a mod from blackhole gear, not the armoring. And this is just pve, there is literally nothing new for cybertechs for pvp, where all the armor crafters get new orange patterns that will sell extremely well, since augmented shells are the best you can get. Even though its not much, artificers get color crystals, at least that's something. But unless you're in an endgame raid guild and have blackhole gear on farm, there's no way for anyone else to learn those patterns, and not necessarily blackhole rated patters, but even lower rated lvl 50 patters, there is nothing a cybertech can learn. And you can't RE pvp mods either, not even the obsolete centurion nor champion gear can be RE to new patterns. So why was it a point to say you can RE endgame loot to learn those patterns when the ones that can be learned are not only few, but very difficult to obtain?

what about consumables that allow you to transfer mods/armoring and others into other gear, without costing credits directly? Consuming the level corresponding crafting mats... would reduce the cost of transferring items indirectly, and would give cybertech another consumable to make.

Yeah I agree with this. It would be a good idea if cybertechs could at least create PvP mods equal to or a little better than Recruit armour stats and PvE mods between Tionese and Columni. I imagine both would sell very well. You ding 50 and instead of dropping 300k on non-customizable blue Recruit armour with crappy main stats, you spend a little more to get PvP mods and armour made by cybertechs that you could mix and match. Same for PvE - you ding 50 and can jump straight into Ops and flashpoints without being severely undergeared. At the very least cybertechs should be able to make mods and armour superior to the pieces you get from dailies.

what about consumables that allow you to transfer mods/armoring and others into other gear, without costing credits directly? Consuming the level corresponding crafting mats... would reduce the cost of transferring items indirectly, and would give cybertech another consumable to make.

Sorry for my ignorance, but where are these consumables? Are they a trainer pattern? Where ever they come from, I don't recall them being mentioned in any verson of patch notes.

IMO you should be able to 'salvage' gear to destroy the item but remove the mods without paying credits. I think a lot of people would appreciate this, especially on artifact PVP armor and the like.

As for cybertech, yeah they do have it a little rough right now. On the bright side, they did get a +5 critical bonus from the ship droid, and criticals on mods and armoring makes bonus items (I do not believe it used to).

Sorry for my ignorance, but where are these consumables? Are they a trainer pattern? Where ever they come from, I don't recall them being mentioned in any verson of patch notes.

Jollee was suggesting them as a possible solution, not stating that they were already in-game.

Indeed, nothing new in this thread thats not been said before, but I shall agree.

The grenades are not good enough to make up for the lack of any other BiS crafting. As all bosses are immune to the stun effects only firestorm is any use on PvE as an extra DoT.

Starting to make it comparable to the other crafting skills even pre 1.2 would have been a vendor schematic for a BoP rakata earpiece. Craftable Tionese earpieces are BoP which is a silly oversight, can't sell those, I can make a columi ear which sells for about 90k but I haven't crit crafted one yet to charge a BiS price. Even then they are only affordable to craft via a slicing alt feeding 340 missions for the 8 mando irons it needs.

BoE speeders without reducing the material requierments or even providing new schematics for 110% was just a waste of some developer time. I'll keep it due to the number of RE schematics I've learnt and against a much needed future buff (most augments should have been cyber).

Droid parts are a joke too. Only Agent has a serious droid companion, which is kind of useless compared to the ranged tank. Also, to get the best RE'ed droid parts you have to RE artifact quality parts wasting very expensive mando iron. You would be much better off buying orange or looted purple parts and putting the item modifications from Bounty Hunter gear in them if you really want to gear out Scorpio.

I feel making the new droid crafting sensors purchasable from a Legacy vendor was a huge mistake when they could have been a great addition to cyber tech.

Droid parts are a joke too. Only Agent has a serious droid companion, which is kind of useless compared to the ranged tank. Also, to get the best RE'ed droid parts you have to RE artifact quality parts wasting very expensive mando iron. You would be much better off buying orange or looted purple parts and putting the item modifications from Bounty Hunter gear in them if you really want to gear out Scorpio.

I feel making the new droid crafting sensors purchasable from a Legacy vendor was a huge mistake when they could have been a great addition to cyber tech.

Droid schematics can be crit crafted now to provide an augment slot. That includes the droid Parts (the wrist/belt equivalent), making droids the only companions with augments possible in the wrist/belt slots.

Edited by Rhaphael

At the risk of making cyber sounding useful :p I've crit crafted custom droid parts for my trooper alt's companion with the ultimate plan of handing down endgame upgrades into those slots in addition to augments.

In the meantime I've crafted levelling armouring and mods for the droid parts, and my artifice alt has supplied the enhancements. Trooper alt, if he ever returns grade 4 augment schematics will fill up augment slots from his armourmech.

made some suggestions of my own

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=431035

basically, 1 time use summoning droid, "weapon enchant" - like mainhand only mods, +speed vehicle stims etc

The key is to give cybertechs something that has a high and consistent demand. Earpieces aren't great (you have two implant slots, 5 armor slots, 2 weapon slots for some toons). Grenades aren't good enough to be profitable. Vehicles...ha. Droid parts...ha. Ship parts...ha.

We really need something to make money with.

Droid schematics can be crit crafted now to provide an augment slot. That includes the droid Parts (the wrist/belt equivalent), making droids the only companions with augments possible in the wrist/belt slots.

Anyone sinking that much time or resources into companion gear.. has too much time and resources...

I cant speak for the trooper droid, but Agent's melee tank companion is hardly choice over the ranged tank or healer companions. And wasting augmented gear on a companion just feels blasphemous at this point. (p.s. armortech could crit wrists and belts too if you really wanted to, rakata too.)

The only way I see droid parts becoming a hot item is if the rumored HK droid companion gets added to the game.

I can't sell a speeder for the life if me.

The price to make totally out ways what you can make

Off selling them. Better off selling the mats and then they don't come directly form cyber tech .

Maybe if they added a way for us to make a two seater one with a long cool down so

People don't all go and switch over to CT or maybe let us make pet droids something we can keep

Selling I used to make good money off ship upgrades but most people don't need them anymore.

I have to say I think bioware has made a great game they just don't know how to run it. Why so many big mistakes!

Edited by Bigdaddygarlic

I think it would make sense for cybertech to make augments and armormech to make armoring, since augments seem like they would need a higher level of technological expertise (in the real world at least.) It would give cybertech a high end item to sell for credits as well. The only problem would be that armormech could make their own armoring for their gear, but without enhancements and mods, it should balance out.

at the moment im trying to re the blackhole dps earpiece for mercs. and hoping it will sell at least as good as the columi crit.....when i get the better side of the 20% chance to re. i would try to sell columi, but for some reason..........the sellers have dropped it to almost mat price.

Because 1.2 was supposedly the "Crafting" patch, I have a sinking feeling that Cybertech isn't going to see anything good for a long, long time. I suppose it's fine to have on an alt you don't really care about, but it's a complete waste on a main. My Synth and Armormech characters get my attention now, with augments and augmented armor, while my Cybertech character just provides mats with Scavenging.

What they really should have done, and I do NOT understand why they didn't, is to allow Cybertechs to make the sensor devices that give the ship's droid crafting bonuses. That would have been perfect. I also think Cybertech should have gotten the ability to make certain defensive augments, as well, such as Absorb and Shield. Ah well, too late now.

I think it's a pretty safe drop.

Well, I think at least the materials required to craft mod should be half or that for Armoring.

I would rather buy the mods from commendation vendors because it only costs 2 marks, while the mats for the mods (especially blue one) is just not worth to craft them, not to mention you still need to have the luck and mats to get the blue schematics. Besides, the upgrade of stats between mods are pretty small even they are like 8 levels away.

Anyone sinking that much time or resources into companion gear.. has too much time and resources...

I cant speak for the trooper droid, but Agent's melee tank companion is hardly choice over the ranged tank or healer companions. And wasting augmented gear on a companion just feels blasphemous at this point. (p.s. armortech could crit wrists and belts too if you really wanted to, rakata too.)

The only way I see droid parts becoming a hot item is if the rumored HK droid companion gets added to the game.

Well, count me as one of them. I made a full set of crit crafted droid gear for SCORPIO, and the 8 lvl 22 purple augments to go in 'em. However, with 1.2, you cannot transfer set piece armorings from say, helms to sensor units. The UI won't let you, giving you the message that "this piece cannot go in that slot". I mean, it's bad enough you must pull all the parts out of Bounty Hunter tier gear just to equip it on a droid (as they do not use helms or chests, they use sensor units, cores, motors, and parts), but now the armorings cannot be transferred at all. This means you need to spend millions more credits on level 25+ Commando armoring drops just to make your SCORPIO slightly weaker than Kaliyo (as the four set bonus for the Supercommando set *is* applied to her).

You also brought up a good point about everyone else getting droid companions later in development, so unless this is addressed, it won't be just me bringing it up. Hopefully, they'll come up with a better way to gear droids before that happens. See my signature for my suggestion, which also would provide cybertechs with additional, marketable skills. I've still got the 8 pieces banked for when there is a substantial change. 1 sensor unit, 2 cores, 2 motors, 2 parts, all augmented, and an augmented techstaff my alt made, too. Can't wait as I can't stand Kaliyo's personality (she'd be floating out the airlock after when she pulled on me), and I like SCORPIO's combat dialogue.

Edited by VulcanLogic

Well, I think at least the materials required to craft mod should be half or that for Armoring.

I would rather buy the mods from commendation vendors because it only costs 2 marks, while the mats for the mods (especially blue one) is just not worth to craft them, not to mention you still need to have the luck and mats to get the blue schematics. Besides, the upgrade of stats between mods are pretty small even they are like 8 levels away.

Absolutely.

The cost in mats is crazy. It's like they deliberately sabotaged them against the cheap vendor costs. Rather than make my own, I've BOUGHT mods from the GTN that people have gotten from Daily quests or commission vendors. I see them all the time for about half the price of cost.

For whatever ready, they did not want Cybertechs to make high level mods. It's one of the biggest screw-ups I've seen in MMO crafting.

Right now, like everyone else, I have plenty of credits, but rather than make mods for my alt, who just hit level 42, I decided to outfit them with gear obtained from commissions. The cost in mats is way, way too high for something I'll only be using for a couple of days at the most. Mods should be relatively inexpensive, ESPECIALLY when they've devalued them so much on vendors.

Now that I have a Synthweaver and an Armormech, the only purpose my Cybertech serves is to make Earpieces, which actually have a much more realistic cost than mods, and that's nothing vital. If I start to play my main seriously again, I will definitely drop Cybertech.

There's been mentioned of the future possibility of a method to add augment slots to gear. I have false hopes of the 'augment device' being craftable by cybertechs...

It is also worth noting that we will be adding a way to add an augment slots to existing modifiable armor in a future game update.