Can't Play

BerardMMorgan

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall but I keep having an error when I log in to play that it says "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again" I have done many things people say to fix one, one ended up being a reinstall that took longer then the simple uninstall and reinstall. I want to play and can't figure out why this keeps happening, I can't open a ticket either because I can't get in the damn game. Anyone have any ideas or this problem before

Try one of the options - deleting the Bitraider file has taken care 95% of the problems I've run into with the launcher. The bottom section was posted by another player and has a more indepth process on rapair options.

1.) If you are running the non-streaming launcher, there should be a gear icon (i think bottom left area) that will allow you to attempt a "Launcher Repair" takes about 15-20 minute if my memory suits me.

2.) If you are running the streaming launcher-i little "ST" in the bottom left corner of the launcher screen. There are a few things you can do. As per Customer Service (told me years ago)- go into your computer program files (x86)>find EA>Bioware>SWtoR> "delete" the Bitraider file *then restart the game launcher as normal. Take 5 - 10 minutes

Seems like there is an issue, a lot of people are having a launcher problem(s).

QUOTE=ceryxp;9700255]BitRaider is truly awful and, unfortunately, the download link takes you to the streaming version of the launcher, which uses BitRaider. Here is a more detailed post about how to force a repair by deleting some files in the BitRaider folder.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/m-p/6454174#M39

If you unfortunately have to redownload the game then may I suggest this post, which will detail how to get the non-streaming, non-BitRaider version. Unfortunately, once you have the streaming client there is no way to switch to the non-streaming version without a full redownload of the game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7826333

Thanks to Ceryxp for the info.