And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times

Yoshiblade

• Dev Post
Thanks again for your patience, everyone. We're working to get more information regarding when the affected servers will be back online. As soon as we have more information (including an estimate as to when we'll bring them back up), we'll let you know right away. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

still tomb of freedonad is offline, and no explaintion. I am seroiusly considering not renewing my subs when they run out, on 17/10/12 as their is no explation of what is going on. This is what iratiates me not that down and all the others servers are up but they don`t have the common curitsey to tell us what going on!

Well probably because the CMs don't know what the problem is or because they didn't receive the permission to tell us or because techs still don't know what went bad.

Still not sure what you think they should tell us, you want to know which servers or apps don't start or CTD, which HDD crashed or things like that ?

Thanks again for your patience, everyone. We're working to get more information regarding when the affected servers will be back online. As soon as we have more information (including an estimate as to when we'll bring them back up), we'll let you know right away. We apologize again for the inconvenience.

Just so where clear i am not paitent

If no one can tell me what going on

So don`t thank me again

just a reasonble explation

p.s. thanks Nyla and Goretzu for giving some idea

but i would like bioware to tell me whats going on

Edited by legolegion

Can you at least tell us why these servers are still down and not others?

Can you tell us why when it seems painfully obvious to everyone that individual servers can be brought down for maintenance that we don't have staggered maintenance times for different time zones. So that instead of having the servers down at 4pm they can be brought down at 4am when there are about 50 people in total playing.

Thanks... i guess.

Can you tell us why when it seems painfully obvious to everyone that individual servers can be brought down for maintenance that we don't have staggered maintenance times for different time zones. So that instead of having the servers down at 4pm they can be brought down at 4am when there are about 50 people in total playing.

50????? :eek:

You're on one of the busy servers then? :p

Just so where clear i am not paitent

If no one can tell me what going on

So don`t thank me again

just a reasonble explation

p.s. thanks Nyla and Goretzu for giving some idea

but i would like bioware to tell me whats going on

Be patient, my soul: thou hath suffered worse than this.

I would like to thank Bioware for screwing up my Wednesday afternoon off from work once again.

I would like to thank Bioware for the widespread view on server maintenance and thinking the whole world is just one big timezone.

And now we're at it; I would also thank Bioware for letting my main server (Ahto city) die without intervening for months and doing so for 95% of the servers thus letting most of the ingame people I know leave this game and forcing me to leave my server behind and join a higher populated one, but o wait :mon_trap: that one is also offline now.

Lets all congratulate EA and Bioware on a tremendous job they are doing by not listening to the community, Yayyy :t_tongue:

I guess your also expecting me to reactivate my account after the free 30 days of gameplay which should be a 100+ considering the total amount of time the servers are offline at the time I want to play. Good day and good night to all.

Wednesday during an afternoon hours?

What time is prime time play hours for you?

I would think on weekdays most people play from 6pm to like 10pm.

Not trying to stick up for bioware or mean to be negative but if the downtime was mid day then that doesnt seem like a valid complaint.

They brought them down through the American night which makes a nice change for the American servers, the team has been working all night and are probably extremely tired, give them a break. I always thought that it was the Americans that cried (no offense) but I'm now seeing it as my fellow Europeans that are the impatient spoiled [censored]. What ever happened to the good old saying, The Brits Never Complain?

• Dev Post

Because of the way our servers are structured across the various datacenters, it is possible for technical issues to affect some servers but not others. This doesn't mean that we're able to take only some servers down to deploy updates to the game as a whole – the way the game and updating it for all players works right now requires us to bring all the servers down when we make updates to the game. Right now, we are working as quickly as we can to make your servers available for play, and we'll get more information for you as soon as we can.

Not trying to stick up for bioware or mean to be negative but if the downtime was mid day then that doesnt seem like a valid complaint.

Prime time hours may be 6pm-11pm or whatever, but if the US can have their servers offline from say, 2am - 8am, when no-one is online, why can't we? More people play during the day than they do at silly hours of the morning.

still tomb of freedonad is offline, and no explaintion. I am seroiusly considering not renewing my subs when they run out, on 17/10/12 as their is no explation of what is going on. This is what iratiates me not that down and all the others servers are up but they don`t have the common curitsey to tell us what going on!

So if the dev popped on (extremely unlikey I know) and said hey all we accidentally connected the wheel to the whizzymathingy the wrong way round and now the hamsters are in a state of frenzy running the servers in revers and we are busy trying to avoid a rollback... would that help you..... I.E.. what possible difference is a dev explaining some technical bumf just to satisfy your hunger for knowledge, you still not able to access the game.. lets be honest you are nerdraged cos you cant get to play the game for a whiles... take a look out the window, see the sun shinning and go grab some fresh air while it lasts.... cos the end of the world is nigh ya know the SWTOR Gods have sent us this sign....

Edited by Bloodstealer

You're forgetting about other time zones. Maybe you one of bioware team?:D

Because of the way our servers are structured across the various datacenters, it is possible for technical issues to affect some servers but not others. This doesn't mean that we're able to take only some servers down to deploy updates to the game as a whole – the way the game and updating it for all players works right now requires us to bring all the servers down when we make updates to the game. Right now, we are working as quickly as we can to make your servers available for play, and we'll get more information for you as soon as we can.

than you

So if the dev popped on (extremely unlikey I know) and said hey all we accidentally connected the wheel to the whizzymathingy the wrong way round and now the hamsters are in a state of frenzy running the servers in revers and we are busy trying to avoid a rollback... would that help you..... I.E.. what possible difference is it going to make to you being unable to access the game.. lets be honest you are nerdraged cos you cant get to play the game for a whiles... take a look out the window, see the sun shinning and go grab some fresh air while it lasts.... cos the end of the world is nigh ya know the SWTOR Gods have sent us this sign....

it would help becuase even though we can do nothing about it, just saying maintanence i think is pretty lousy way to treat customers, when its obvious something went wrong

if they said 'some servers got fried and we need install new ones, we have no eta becuase such and such, your characters are safe, will take a while to do'

then okay, its information that is understandable and to the point, but just saying maintanence i think is bad pr.