Disproportionate class drops....

At first I thought it was a funny, albeit lame, coincidence that every piece of gear dropping in my first few hard modes was Bounty Hunter gear. Now I just think it's too much to be a coincidence. I have been doing at least 3 hard modes every night, but usually more, for about a week now and I've seen about 85% of the drops were for the Bounty Hunter. Maybe 10% of it was Imperial Agent gear, and the remaining 5% was either Inquisitor or Warrior, but mostly Inquisitor.

I can't believe how much BH gear is dropping. I'm doing a variety of different FPs and it's always the same thing... constant BH gear dropping and barely anything for Inquisitors. In about 25 hard modes I've seen 2 Sith Warrior drops. No joke, no exaggeration. Has anyone else found that BH gear is dropping at a disproportionate rate in hard modes? It's getting ridiculous.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, im republic, but i have done around 100 HARDS as gunslinger, with my brother tropeer, the same friend jedi tank, and a random sage healer.

and aroud 40% is troper gear, 50% jedi tank gear, and 5% for smugler and sages class.

for example, the jedi have a full tank and dps set, and my chewbaka have mostly of the set too.

the troper have full dps set and mostly of the heal one.

i have mostly of the set but i havent the armor still ( and i only got 2 pieces of hard modes, the pieces that i have was got on operations being the only 1 smugler , and even so i only saw 2 drops of the 10 bosses)

so YES the drops is really bad done. and it isnt bad luck when u do it 100 times, and everyone agree that only BH and troper gear drops

I'm just hoping I get my BH levelled before they fix it, our BH tank has full rakata tank set and 3/4 dps set whilst the rest of us are barely half way through our main set. What's even better is the BH companions are mostly the same so its all win for them.

Doing hardmodes with the same static group for 3 weeks now. 1 Jedi Knight, 2 Sages and 1 Shadow. 2-3 hardmodes per night.

70% Soldier Gear, 15% Smuggler Gear, 10% Jedi-Knight Gear and 5% Sage Gear.

We only saw ONE Sage-Robe dropping in over 50 hardmodes. It's just a joke ... really. Losing patience. :mad:

[quote name='targetrein']I posted this already in the General forums, but I just completed my 14th Hard Mode run in a row WITHOUT an Imperial Agent drop (I play a sniper). I'm at my wits end. I cannot even describe my frustration with this game. What a pile. :mad:[/QUOTE] We have only seen two IA drops now in a week, averaging 2-3 Hardmodes a night, one columi and one weapon.

It seems that the game always picks out the most played class in a static or group and for this class it drops almost nothing.

Our static has 3 Consulars ... and there was 1 Consular Robe drop in 50 hardmodes.

A static of some friends has 2 Soldiers and 2 Smugglers and they had just 2 Soldier Gear drops in 40 hardmodes and always tellin' me that they are constantly getting Consular drops.

Edited by Raeken

90% of the columi tier tokens I've seen drop have been Smuggler. Then I'd say of the remaining 10%, 9% has been Consular. Trooper and JK make up the remaining 1%. I'm a Sentinel and in all my HM runs I've only ever seen ONE JK token drop. I got more gear in one 2.5 hour run of EV then I did in every HM FP run I've done combined.

We have only seen two IA drops now in a week, averaging 2-3 Hardmodes a night, one columi and one weapon.

that's about how many i've been averaging, too. I hit 50 last Thursday (this is my 2nd 50) and average 2-3 nightly while doing them ALL on the weekends. I've only seen two pieces drop in 20+ total runs since turning 50, and I was outrolled on the headpiece by a guild mate. No hard feelings, there.

So far I have one piece of columi gear and two pieces of crafted rakata gear (armormech). at this rate, I'll have all three pieces of the daily rakata gear (2x implants + ear) before I get another piece of columi.

sadface

Hm on our server ( Luka Sene PVE ) imperial side,

its the agent gear that drops the most.. ( HM Ops )

We have 1 operative dps in our raid, and he is full Rakata and has 3 pieces offspec allready.

While the rest of the raid slacks behind with 1/2 pieces Rakata, its insane really.

Its a running joke now on ventrilo so we keep our spirits up and are amazed as soon as non-agent gear drops.

As soon as he has his offspec set we will be rolling need on his classtokens for our companions.

But I won the Batmobile from Karagga HM so I'm happy :p

Edited by Rashoumon

Our group is a Juggernaut, assassin, Operative and Merc, same group every night 3-4 HMs a night, the assassin and Merc (me) have almost full primary and secondary sets built, the Operative has most of her primary, and the Juggernaut just got bracers last night, its getting very frustrating.

Hardmodes are ridiculous, I have run about 5 hardmode flashpoints with a Jedi Knight Tank, Sentinel Dps, Sage Healer and Sage Dps, 80% of the gear is sage, 19% trooper or smuggler and i've seen 1 piece of Sentinel gear drop. Being the Tank and getting no new gear, makes Hardmodes extremely hard and all of the tier pieces that have dropped have been for a class thats not there. I'm all for grinding for gear but if im saving the tokens I get for gear, thats just stupid, and makes me lose interest in playing a 50. :mad:

Normally I would think something like this was too "good" to be true and dismiss it, but I must say that I've been encountering the same thing. Trooper gear seems to drop VERY often.

Something weird I've noticed is that we almost always get an item for the class that isn't in our group. The probability of that happening is kind of low (we usually run with 3 different classes), but it happens more often than not. When we DO have a trooper, the gear for that class just magically stops dropping.

Now I'm still not sure if I believe, even with my own experiences taken into consideration. It's just too weird and I don't think Bioware would have let something like that pass.

Edited by andytheape

I refuse to belive its random at all, like so many others BH and Trooper gear seem WAY to common, I play on both sides, and I see it on both my chars..

And its obvious from this thread aswell as others that more people then me are experiencing this.

Obviously its impossible to make a true randomizer in code, but biowares attempt at doing it is patethic, there is obviously a flaw in there somewhere.