Itemization

Before i rant, i just want to state for the record that i do indeed love this game and dont think it will "fail" at all.

However, i do have an issue with the itemization in game, especially when comparing raid loot to PVP loot. All this last week me and my guild have completed EV on normal, killed Bonethrasher, and mopped up 4/5 of the bosses in EV hardmode. The only drops of note were columni pieces for handins, a few rakata pieces from the hardmode, and an ugly as sin speeder from Soa on normal mode. As well as crafting components and a few schematics. Earlier today, i got bored so decided to try and investigate the stat differences between the tiered tionese, columni and rakata gear to the centurion, champion and battlemaster gear respectively. And man was i dissapointed.

As it stands, the T1 gear for both PVP and PVE sets were near identical, with PVP having the added expertise stat of course. T2 PVP vs PVE was almost the same, except the weapon was a little bit better for PVE but only barely. T3 sets were again almost identical, but the PVE weapon was actualy way worse than both the T3 PVP and the T2 PVP and PVE which made absolutely no sense whatsoever!

After that kind of comparison, its obvious that the easiest way to gear is via PVP, and the PVP sets are actually way faster to get than the PVE considering lockouts and the need to have a raid force, or at least a full group willing to do the few FPs that arent bugged out for PVE comms. So for those of us who love our raids, and love getting all the shinies, it really defeats the whole reward system set up for the raids. Now i did actually enjoy the encounters themselves and had a blast doing them, but the rewards were definately nothing to get excited over.

So i would propose to the dev's as a solution to add more unique, non comm/unassembled piece loot to the loot tables of the bosses that is noticeably better than the corresponding tier pvp/pve loot that come from the vendors (ie normal will have an upgraded version of the T2 stuff, while hard would have a slightly better version of the T3, and nightmare just having an out of the ballpark great item set) or, at the very least, buff up PVE vendor loot for both T2 and T3 by a considerable margin. Otherwise, most ppl will most likely go into those raids simply as something to do and see and then never run them again since there is really very little point in doing so. Which would be such a shame to have so much content snubbed simply over the lack of any real motivation to go in there beyond the first or second time.

Just my 2 creds...

Edited by SmoothC

The easiest way to discourage people from using PvP gear in PvE would be to reduce the damage against NPC's by the same amount it increases damage dealt to players. Therefore wearing PvP gear would actually lower your damage in PvE, making it unwanted.

The easiest way to discourage people from using PvP gear in PvE would be to reduce the damage against NPC's by the same amount it increases damage dealt to players. Therefore wearing PvP gear would actually lower your damage in PvE, making it unwanted.

Unfortunately that would most likely just create a lot of resentment from the PVP crowd, as well as ppl that are now using PVP gear as their main, or only, set. It could have been a good idea before the game launched, but by now its too late to go that route without angering a lot of ppl.

I just took a look at the operative pvp versus pve gear. The tier 2 basic set parts, belt, boots, bracers, gloves, head, legs and chest have these stats:

PvP tier 2 set, Champion Field Medic

Cun 566

End 574

Exp 322

Power 151

Alacrity 144

Crit 92

Surge 96

PvE tier 2 set, Columni Field Medic

Cun 708

End 693

Exp 0

Power 151

Alacrity 144

Crit 92

Surge 96

The difference is obviously the expertise, and then cunning and endurance. The other stats remain the same.

The pve set give 142 more cunning and 119 more endurance. That is a big enough difference for me to want the pve set for pve and the pvp set for pvp.

You imply that the sets are identical except for the expertise, that is wrong. I have not looked up the other sets or the weapons, but I have no reason to trust that your comparison is valid.

Edited by rehnisjr

The itemization on some items just baffle the mind. Rakata PvE tank gear for Juggs has SURGE RATING. I mean what the hell? We don't stack crit at all so surge is possibly the most useless stat for us. Also the Rakata lightsaber is worse than my Tionese level DPS lightsaber for tanking. For whatever reason it has level 51 mods in it.

The itemization on some items just baffle the mind. Rakata PvE tank gear for Juggs has SURGE RATING. I mean what the hell? We don't stack crit at all so surge is possibly the most useless stat for us. Also the Rakata lightsaber is worse than my Tionese level DPS lightsaber for tanking. For whatever reason it has level 51 mods in it.

Rakata weapons are known to be bugged atm.

As for surge rating, it's all over tank gear for some reason and I can't seem to avoid it. Probably just some arbitrary stat BW put on stuff so that we don't hit avoidance caps too early, but honestly...surge rating? Give me accuracy which is at least useful.

The gear overall is very stupid.

You get 136 (Columi) set from hardmode flashpoints, the same you get in operations. Then you get Tionese Crystals and commendation, but you won't use them since everything you can buy is 126/128, makes no sense to buy lesser quality items huh?

Also PvP bags gives you mercenary commendations, however, by the time you are 60 valor you will have full champion gear, so once again, mercenary commendations are completely useless.

I don't know what they thought when they did this.