Class Story

AGSThomas

I have never managed it, needing to do some heroic quests now and then to keep on level even on full exp boosts, usually finishing the class stories on a class story missions only run at around lvl 48. Things may have changed in the past few months though it seems from previous posters' experiences that one can. That'd be nice xD

I have never managed it, needing to do some heroic quests now and then to keep on level even on full exp boosts, usually finishing the class stories on a class story missions only run at around lvl 48. Things may have changed in the past few months though it seems from previous posters' experiences that one can. That'd be nice xD

Ah true, i forgot that i usually do all the available quests + H on the starting planets, when i leave i'm around lvl 20 or close to it.

If there is a Doublexp event ongoing, sure you can. Btw i think a new doublexp event start December 21st iirc.

If there is no doublexp event, then i dont think you can level/overlevel solely by doing class missions. Keep this in mind:

-You get +25% exp by using complimentary exp boosts, easy to get by doing the story missions.

-The experience armor (legacy armor, aquired during the DvL event) provides a total of +50% experience, it's the highest experience boost available, i think.

-By purchasing the corresponding legacy perks (increase in class missions xp) you can get up to +36% xp. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

-Being in a guild with max bonuses provides an extra +10% xp.

I have all the above except the guild +10% in some of my toons, so i'll ignore that. This means that i can get a total of +106% exp (boost+xp armor+legacy perks) and still i cant level on the class missions alone. However, i usually do the planetary arcs, some heroics and some side missions, not all, and all this combined is absolutely more than enough to be way overleveled.

As an example, i'm currently replaying the Imperial Agent story. I've just finished Nar Shaddaa (the planet's max level is 26 i think) and i'm level 36, that's enough to ignore all side missions in Tatooine and Alderaan, even though i wont do it.

Some numbers may be a bit off, right now i cant recall perfectly everything but more or less it's accurate.

Edited by DeVanagloris

My usual attempt to focus mostly on class story to level:

- class story missions (of course)

- all starter planet missions. they're easy and don't take too long.

- every 2-3 planets I knock off that planet's heroic missions for a level boost.

- I do Black Talon/The Esseles when I first arrive on the fleet, using it to get to the next planet.

- all bonus parts to class missions, heroics and whatever else I pick up.

That generally gets me to level 48/49 by Corellia.

I also do the introduction missons as well for more xp such as the introduction to group finder, star fighter and Warzones. It's the only time I do them and it's just for those missions.

Also the mission to get crew skills as well. I gety three crew skills plus the xp just for unlocking the codex entries for the rest

Since I do introduction to group finder, I also do the mission for social which has you go to the capital planet and buy the social token to use and get xp for that.

Lastly there is also the mission for introduction to strongholds as well and the xp reward for that.

Not doing any of the above is lost xp that would need to be made up in other ways like heroics or additional planet missions such as the planet mission chain.

If there is a Doublexp event ongoing, sure you can. Btw i think a new doublexp event start December 21st iirc.

If there is no doublexp event, then i dont think you can level/overlevel solely by doing class missions. Keep this in mind:

-You get +25% exp by using complimentary exp boosts, easy to get by doing the story missions.

-The experience armor (legacy armor, aquired during the DvL event) provides a total of +50% experience, it's the highest experience boost available, i think.

-By purchasing the corresponding legacy perks (increase in class missions xp) you can get up to +36% xp. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

-Being in a guild with max bonuses provides an extra +10% xp.

I have all the above except the guild +10% in some of my toons, so i'll ignore that. This means that i can get a total of +106% exp (boost+xp armor+legacy perks) and still i cant level on the class missions alone. However, i usually do the planetary arcs, some heroics and some side missions, not all, and all this combined is absolutely more than enough to be way overleveled.

As an example, i'm currently replaying the Imperial Agent story. I've just finished Nar Shaddaa (the planet's max level is 26 i think) and i'm level 36, that's enough to ignore all side missions in Tatooine and Alderaan, even though i wont do it.

Some numbers may be a bit off, right now i cant recall perfectly everything but more or less it's accurate.

That little bit is incorrect. The boosts are not cumulative. Meaning: They don't stack (in most cases). They all give their individual bonuses to the base xp of the missions.

Example: It's like this (using 5000 as the base xp)

5000 xp x 25% booster = 6250 xp

5000 xp x 50% DvL armor = 7500 xp

5000 xp x 36% Legacy Class Mission booster = 6800 xp

Grand total = 20550 xp

Keep in mind that subscribers also get approximately 12% xp bonus as well. So what you see as a base xp value is not the true base xp.

As to the OP: Yes, it can be easily accomplished under the right circumstances. Doing the planetary heroics along the way will guarantee it. When I level up a new character, they usually hit max level during chapter 2 (so 50 is an easy milestone).

Yes, I'm back. For the time being, at least. Goes back to lurking...

I created a moneymaker scoundrel some weeks ago and mostly leveled him with heroics and veteran FP. This way he was already lvl 70 when i finished the first planet after Coruscant (think it was Nar Shadaa). I found out that you won't get much CXP from missions, but by doing every single quest (including exploration quests) as a lvl 70 i gathered soooooo many credits. Every quest, even the simple ones, are between 8000 and 21000 credits. Put in the usual heroics + hacking and get riiiiiiiiich. Filthy rich. Right now the character is at the end of act 2 and already aquired about 10 million credits this way, just by playing the game and enjoying the content.

I recommend reaching lvl 70 by doing heroics and veteran FPs but don't skip any content. Enjoy it and get rich just to be rich. Especially immersive as a smuggler or bounty hunter, can't wait to buy that Rishi stronghold for my privateer :D I wish Star Wars had the Ferengi race, i wholeheartedly welcomed my inner Ferengi during this playthrough...All your credits belong to me galaxy!