No ops in group finder....

Esron

so.. im guessing alot of you has noticed by now that the ops is not listed in group finder any longer.

so.. i wonder how long EA will make us wait before they fix it, my guess is a year or so.

so.. EA what will you do to compensate us from your ongoing stupidity this time ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...doesn't seem to be anything about that yet, which is pretty ****, since lots of us get our ops in that way. I hope they fix it asap, but I do not hold my breath, as I prefer to remain conscious while not in bed. Honestly, though, I feel slightly relieved that it's not just me...:rolleyes: Edited by Gaszornihnplaht

Game's players population is always there and not many are not going to log-in on time because busy with work or family schedule. We need a option for allow players to make a group with their companions. We can select Tank, Damage or Heal. Example Kira works better with damage and Doc works better on heal. Its still there and the same like in the old game system after release.

I imagine they are awake, and enjoying their weekend days off at home with their families just like you are right now. While it's frustrating that this has happened over a weekend and will make completing conquest more difficult, they are not there to read the forums, let anybody know that it isn't working, or get it fixed until Monday. It's pretty much always that way because they work Monday - Friday. They are not 24/7 at your beck and call, so maybe take it easy on them a little and understand that they deserve time off too?

Edited by PennyAnn

I imagine they are awake, and enjoying their weekend days off at home with their families just like you are right now. While it's frustrating that this has happened over a weekend and will make completing conquest more difficult, they are not there to read the forums, let anybody know that it isn't working, or get it fixed until Monday. It's pretty much always that way because they work Monday - Friday. They are not 24/7 at your beck and call, so maybe take it easy on them a little and understand that they deserve time off too?

dunno what world you are living in, but at my work where we handle things with I.T.,servers etc etc we have a 24 hour support and service, which means we go out in the middle of the night to fix servers, debugs etc etc etc if needed. even in the weekends, simply because its weekend it does not mean the world stops and does nothing.

Wanna bet if one of the EA ceo's had an issue with his comp at home he could still get the support to fix it for him be it at night etc etc. so how, when we are paying a monthly fee, can this not be done ? im not even going to speak about how many bugs has never been fixed in this game or that some of the later instalments such as fp's and such are bugged beyond comparison, or how they have slaughtered the game just to make a quick buck.

It's people like you, im sorry to say, that lets them get away with things like this and then it goes on and on.

besides there is alot you can do from your home computer when working with servers and such, but this one im thinking is a coding issue like always and that means quite a few eyes has to skim the coding and find the error ( which can also be done remotly with propper tools )

what pains me the most is the lack of acknowldgement that this issue is going on and the wall of silence we are met with.

Edited by Esron

You sound vexed, Esron. Maybe you should step out and get some fresh air?

As for your comments about IT support, I do networking for a living. Only businesses that will potentially lose tons of money maintain 24/7 support, typically because they have an SLA (Service Level Agreement) with their clients that stipulate a certain amount of service availability, otherwise there are financial consequences for the service provider. For a video game, there is no such requirement, and they won't lose money unless a service issue is severe enough that it protracts into weeks or longer and players start cancelling their subscriptions en masse. Regarding your example, a company executive who's usually getting paid a large salary and is expected to have 100% computer availability to do their job is a much higher priority than a single game feature that broke over a weekend. Not to mention, internal IT support is usually separate from client-facing IT support in larger companies. In this case, it's the programmers (aka developers) that will probably need to investigate and remedy the problem, not anyone from IT.

As has already been stated, Bioware doesn't utilize on-call support at their data center on a weekend unless it's something truly big and widespread, like all of the login/authentication servers being down or something similar. As you pointed out, however, this is likely a coding issue, not a server issue, which means only the developers at Bioware can fix it, not the network techs who are babysitting the servers. So Monday is the soonest they'll be able to investigate this issue. Hopefully it's something they can fix quickly.

Edited by Mournblood

dunno what world you are living in, but at my work where we handle things with I.T.,servers etc etc we have a 24 hour support and service, which means we go out in the middle of the night to fix servers, debugs etc etc etc if needed. even in the weekends, simply because its weekend it does not mean the world stops and does nothing.

Wanna bet if one of the EA ceo's had an issue with his comp at home he could still get the support to fix it for him be it at night etc etc. so how, when we are paying a monthly fee, can this not be done ? im not even going to speak about how many bugs has never been fixed in this game or that some of the later instalments such as fp's and such are bugged beyond comparison, or how they have slaughtered the game just to make a quick buck.

It's people like you, im sorry to say, that lets them get away with things like this and then it goes on and on.

besides there is alot you can do from your home computer when working with servers and such, but this one im thinking is a coding issue like always and that means quite a few eyes has to skim the coding and find the error ( which can also be done remotly with propper tools )

what pains me the most is the lack of acknowldgement that this issue is going on and the wall of silence we are met with.

What world am I living in? The real world, where a problem cropping up in a video game over a weekend is not the end of the world and I do not expect my $14 a month to pay the salary of a 24/7 employee to fix things the very second they break.

Your monthly subscription allows you access to the game's servers. That's it. There is absolutely nothing in the Terms of Service Agreement that you agreed to when you signed up and subscribed to this game that guarantees you a bug-free environment at all times. Is it inconvenient? Yes, it is. But it's a video game and you should probably settle down about it and double check your expectations a little bit. It is not as if the game servers have been down all weekend. One part of one aspect of game play is not functioning correctly. And while that's not ideal, it is also not the end of the world.

It's people like me that let them get away with things like having a life? Yep. I know that they are human beings who are no less deserving of a day off from their jobs as I am from mine. I'm a reasonable adult who does not expect them to drop everything on their day off to fix something minor, knowing that when they come back to the office for their normal work schedule, it will be addressed. But, if it is people like me that make that happen, then I'm glad to occupy that position in this situation. The rational adult. Fine by me.

The "wall of silence" has been going on for less than 48 hours... over a weekend... when they are not in the office to handle this or respond to it. I'm sure they will look into it as soon as they are able. If you don't hear any response in the next day or two, then your rage might be a little more justified.

Edited by PennyAnn

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is aware of Ops missing from Activity Finder and we are looking into a fix. If we can get in a fix this week it will take a couple of days. I am confirming with the team but that may mean we will move tomorrow's maintenance back a day or two to address the issue.

I will pass on more info as I have it.

-eric

People actually still do OPs on this game? I thought they were just simplifying the group finder so it catered to the actual activities that were active on the game still. In short, I thought it was working as intended.

What do you do that's so much better? I do Ops every day I play because I enjoy the group play part of an MMO.

I do PVP, the best and most important part of the game ofc. You know that, Tux, sheesh. :o

Of course :) I love PvP too...I do that almost every time I'm online as well, I just can't see not breaking it up with other activities...Ops are second best imo.

Lol! I sure have more fun quing regs than SM ops.

Honestly I wish they'd put hardmode ops in group finder too for the extra reward. Maybe it's a suicidal wish but SM ops are so easy I don't like doing them anymore because they're such a faceroll... Putting HMs in would liven up my guild especially, where we're largely nim raiders but still do GF ops (or just last bosses) just because the cxp and conquest rewards are better...

Lol! I sure have more fun quing regs than SM ops.

Honestly I wish they'd put hardmode ops in group finder too for the extra reward. Maybe it's a suicidal wish but SM ops are so easy I don't like doing them anymore because they're such a faceroll... Putting HMs in would liven up my guild especially, where we're largely nim raiders but still do GF ops (or just last bosses) just because the cxp and conquest rewards are better...

HM's in GF would be futile. SM's are easy and nearly everyone should be able to complete them with ease, but HM's are a HUGE jump in difficulty...a jump that is so far above SM that most players aren't capable of completing them...especially a PuG GF group...

HM's in GF would be futile. SM's are easy and nearly everyone should be able to complete them with ease, but HM's are a HUGE jump in difficulty...a jump that is so far above SM that most players aren't capable of completing them...especially a PuG GF group...

They should give us an option to Q for SM or HM though. Better rewards. The easy ones would be nice to have a bonus.

Completely pugging HM ops is a terrible idea, but it would still be nice to have this feature for a group/guild to queue and get the extra conquest/cxp, and also if someone dropped and you need an extra person - should have a gear/level requirement though. For a long time my guild would only run SM because of the conquest and added cxp bonus via group finder.

They should give us an option to Q for SM or HM though. Better rewards. The easy ones would be nice to have a bonus.

I'd agree with this...it would be a nice option for better rewards.

Completely pugging HM ops is a terrible idea, but it would still be nice to have this feature for a group/guild to queue and get the extra conquest/cxp, and also if someone dropped and you need an extra person - should have a gear/level requirement though. For a long time my guild would only run SM because of the conquest and added cxp bonus via group finder.

Agreed. It would be nice for a group that wants to do it...I just don't want it to be the default setting >.<

Edited by TUXs

so.. im guessing alot of you has noticed by now that the ops is not listed in group finder any longer.

so.. i wonder how long EA will make us wait before they fix it, my guess is a year or so.

so.. EA what will you do to compensate us from your ongoing stupidity this time ?

Perspective is a wonderful thing you may learn of one day, said the man who lost his leg fighting a war to ensure you have the freedom and comforts you seem to take for granted.

Edited by olagatonjedi