Huttball is too much

KBMonty

First time posting, but a long-time pvper. Huttball is way over represented the the wz queues and the devs need to do something about it. Sign on for them to diminish huttball pops overall!

the 3 story hutball is horrific; but ill take that over the 4 v 4 death match pops that either you get lumped vs a premade, or you get the short end of the rng where the other team has tank and heals and you are all dps/tanks with no heals.

However, if the made a 16 v 16 death match id be down for that.

Most of the objective based matches here you see people there for self glory, dps races, and kill races, all the while

either ignoring the defending and capture aspects of the objectives, and fighting enemies far off the points/objectives.

Not sure you know but "huttball" is considered as one mode or 1 wz in the que list. However, the difference between novare coast or voidstar is that huttball has 3 versions. This means its way more likely to pop.

Having said that I love huttball and its the best warzone in the game :D

Not sure you know but "huttball" is considered as one mode or 1 wz in the que list. However, the difference between novare coast or voidstar is that huttball has 3 versions. This means its way more likely to pop.

Having said that I love huttball and its the best warzone in the game :D

That is a horrible way of explaining what you mean. Allow me to clarify:

There are 3 different huttball maps, compared to 1 each of say voidstar or Novare, thus assuming all maps are equally likely to pop, you are 3 times more likely to get a huttball than a voidstar or novare.

There are nine 8v8 maps.

Out of those 9 maps, 3 are Hutt Ball based.

Which means there is a 33.33% chance that you will get a Hutt ball pop each time.

You can basically group each map type like this:

Hutt Ball

• Original HB
    Quesh Ball
    Vandin Ball

3 node defend (A)

• Civil War
    Yavin

3 node defend (B)

• Nova Coast

Void Star

Odessen Proving Ground

Hypergates

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I used to be a big advocate for huttballs back when people called there being too many of them with just 1 map in existence. But I never thought I'd see the day where I agree, alas I do.

All of the other maps are cool in my opinion, but the queue should figure huttball as a type of its own, and thereafter could be determined what map is actually going to be played

Its just really boring to play huttball all the time.. Sure I win most of them, probably with much better odds than the other maps.. but it gets old fast if you get so many.

I used to be a big advocate for huttballs back when people called there being too many of them with just 1 map in existence. But I never thought I'd see the day where I agree, alas I do.

All of the other maps are cool in my opinion, but the queue should figure huttball as a type of its own, and thereafter could be determined what map is actually going to be played

Its just really boring to play huttball all the time.. Sure I win most of them, probably with much better odds than the other maps.. but it gets old fast if you get so many.

What makes matters worse is the dysnc in Hutt Ball is ALWAYS worse than other maps and increases every time they make ANY changes in ANY part of the game (especially unrelated changes:().

I’m like you in that I have always loved Hutt Ball, but once we had 3 maps, they should have started to count as one map type and the queue should work in the way you describe.

What’s really made Hutt ball go from being my favourite pvp to my least favourite (and I dare say hate) is the dysnc. I already play with 220-230ms and when you add dysnc it makes it much worse.

If it was just a little bit of dysnc (like it used to be) or Bioware improved it occasionally, I wouldn’t be as mad, but Bioware don’t ever improve it. The dysnc only ever seems to get worse and never better.

And just to rub salt into an already festering dysnc wound, Bioware representatives (aka Musco and Co) made fun of us on a podcast they did with “their favourite” swtor influencer last year. Apparently we are all complaining about something that’s not an issue and doesn’t affect game play. They had a good old laugh AT the “community” complaining about the dysnc.

If they can’t fix the dysnc, they need to remove the maps that are heavily influenced by it or they need to allow us to choose WZ maps we don’t want to play.

I think we all know they will never give us an outright choice of queuing for individual maps. But they could give us an option for picking some we don’t want to play.

Ie, they could have a system that allows you to choose 2-3 maps you don’t want to play. This would allow people who have higher ping or dysnc issues to choose not to have Quesh and Vandin in the rotation. Because let’s face it, those 2 are the worst affected by the dysnc. Which is a shame because I actually like Quesh ball, but the dysnc I get from it is so bad that I have to leave 9/10 matches of Quesh ball.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

First time posting, but a long-time pvper. Huttball is way over represented the the wz queues and the devs need to do something about it. Sign on for them to diminish huttball pops overall!

It is, and it does pop far too often. I am on a tablet atm so can’t bother showing you all the threads over the course of the last 3 years where we all have complained heavily.

Nothing gets done about it. Basically all of us that hate it have complained so often and so much that now we don’t bother replying to threads like this.

Instead, you probably more likely to get wonderful supporters of how it pops constantly. Oh, also I ought to mention the people that chime in how it’s fine and not popping too much probably queue for PvP once a day or week.

Those of us that actually PVP regularly you know, only log in and PVP doing nothing else all know and hate how HB pops constantly nonstop. We tend to just quit the match and wait another 5-10 minutes to get something different. Oh, and if it pops again we wait ANOTHER 5-10 minutes to get something different.

You probably notice maps you actually enjoy as a PVPer rarely pop now, too. Like Voidstar. Hypergates. Civil War. Novare Coast. Remember those maps? Barely? Yeah, me too. Anyway.

Rest assured though, we have long been in support of this getting changed it matters not that there are multiple HuttBallz maps, they simply shouldn’t pop back to back countless times.

It’s broken, a large number of people quit the HB maps before they even begin and with the new advent of attitude that objectives are not and death matching is, well all you end up with nearly in every HB match are players who are on different sheets of music when it comes to the actual objectives of the map.

Sadly your thread will get zero yellow responses. It will probably illicit troll responses. It will not be read by any BW representatives. And it will only serve as a vent for you and us to get our feelings out with each other. Peace.

Edited by Lhancelot