BCNN Newsflash: Freelance Pilot Saves Galaxy, Earns Handsome 395 Credit Reward

Entropicana

Freelance Pilot Saves Galaxy, Earns Handsome 395 Credit Reward

Senate Tower, CORUSCANT - LaCheeve “Latch” Brennins, the heroic freelance pilot who foiled yesterday’s terrorist plot has been lavished with rewards today in the galactic capital. The insidious scheme threatened to bring down the damaged senate tower building, but was prevented single-handedly by Brennins.

“I’m not entirely clear on the details,” commented Mira Selvat, tower administrator, “But it looks like Brennins found the security codes and defused all six of the explosive devices. He killed at least 30 of the insurgents on the way. His actions saved the lives of the Supreme Chancellor and the entire Galactic Senate.”

“I think he deserves something for his efforts,” she added.

Following that comment, it was revealed that a generous sum of 395 credits has been disbursed from Republic coffers to compensate Brennins for his actions.

“It’s the least we can do. Uhm, wait one moment,” said Selvat, taking a moment to consult with her accountant before continuing, “Yes. Literally the least we can do.”

BCNN news caught up with Latch Brennins at a local cantina, and he had this to say:

“Yeah, the payout was pretty typical. They gave me these gloves too, though they’re kind of crappy compared to what I was wearing. Still, might be able hock them for a few more credits. They said if I didn’t like the gloves, they’d give me a Coruscant Commendation instead, but we all know what those things are worth.”

When asked what he intended to spend his 395 credits on, he rolled his eyes and said, “Maybe some jukebox tokens? A round of drinks? Could use a drink after that mission.”

Some detractors amongst the public have criticized the reward as being inadequate. However, a representative from the Ministry of Outsourcing has insisted that the sum is perfectly in line with Galactic Wage Standards. “We can’t just go around handing out thousands of credits to every Joe who saves a planet. Especially with the recent budget cuts.”

Before concluding the cantina interview, Brennins excused himself to check his mail. On further questioning he revealed that he had received a letter from a grateful senator. It personally thanked Brennins for saving her life and the lives of her family who were in the tower at the time.

“Words cannot express the gratitude I feel on behalf of my family,” read Brennins from the letter, “We literally owe you our lives. Please accept this sum of money as a reminder of my eternal thankfulness.”

Brennins sighed as he authorized the transfer of 83 credits to his account.

“Brilliant,’’ Latch drawled sardonically, “Now I can almost afford training.”

- Kyrah Veltares, not being paid nearly enough to report for Begeren ColoNet News (BCNN) -

In other news...

• Truth About Hutt Balls Revealed: You’ll Never Want To Touch One Again
  • Bounty-Hunter With Novelty Name Brings Dishonour Upon Fett Lineage