Gamers Decrypted

Hollyaxus

Relativity new blog by me and fellow gamers/guest writers. Last week we did our first theme week which was focused around SWTOR PvP previous of patch 2.0. Some should be some interesting reads there for PvPers. In general I often like to write making connections between gaming and how it ties back to psychology. Will bump the thread up whenever there's something new out.

In the latest blog post I interview Dakaru, GM for old Nostrum Dolus and leader of the ND team on the topic of in-game leadership. I also make comparisons with ND and RC who's GM I interviewed last week. Follow this link to check it out!

Here are some of our other topics, have a look if you are interested!

8v8 Ranked on TRE Part 1 - Why our server was better than yours

Guest post by MYLEX

Gaming and self-esteem - Interview with Barmy

Looking closer at the connection between MMO gamers and self-esteem through interview with researcher. This two part article explores the connection between self-esteem, escapism and the trinity role system utilised in most MMOs. What does the role you choose say about you?

Guilds and social identity in MMORPGs

Do we have an online social identity? Can it come to over shadow our RL social identity?

The Psychology behind Character Creation - Part 2

What does the characters we create say about us? Interviews with Aaree, Bleezar, Betty and Snave

Edited by Hollyaxus

• 1 month later...

New blog post "SWTOR PvP: What to expect from 4.0"

This blog post will briefly discuss the current state of PvP in the game Star Wars: The Old Republic, as well as delve a bit deeper into the expectations the players have for the future. PvP in SWTOR has been struggling for a long period of time and I have watched the playerbase grow increasingly frustrated. Considering the amount of time this has been going on I was curious to know how much faith there is still left in the community for an improvement, especially with the upcoming expansion and its promise of an influx of players. In order learn more about this I’ve interviewed four players (Igor, Zherio, Snave and Mosh) and asked them about their thoughts and feelings about the current state of the game as well as their expectations for the future...

Continue reading...