Uncover Fog of War for Legacy

IanSterling

Please oh PLEASE make uncovering the fog of war on the maps a legacy perk like the datacrons. Once a character has uncovered an entire map - it should be automatically uncovered for all other characters in legacy. It is SUCH a pain to have to uncover the map on every character and having a partially uncovered map is annoying. I would think my characters would "share the info with one another."

The XP gained from exploration is not needed - it is SO easy to get XP in this game without needing it from exploration. Any Codexes can automatically be added onto the characters like the datacrons do. And if making the map uncovered for all AUTOMATICALLY once a character uncovers it is too easy, then at least please make it a purchaseable ACCOUNT-WIDE legacy perk. And please make it retroactive! :)

• 2 years later...

Seems me an the Author of this thread had very similar thoughts. I realize some wouldn't enable it, but I'd greatly love it as a Legacy Option. :)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9896697#post9896697

Some think it's great the XP earned from Exploration, I prefer to focus on missions, as they offer 10-15x or far more XP, and you need to do them anyways. For Example: Corellia at 74 you get 2800 XP for unlocking a new block, but at 75 you'll get only 281 RENOWN. Now I'm not asking for any changes to the rewards, I just wish it 'map CODEXs' was an Option to be shared across all in my Legacy Family Tree--for those who want it, if others don't it's their choice.

♦ An Option for sharing MAP CODEXs across a Legacy Family.

♦ An Option for extend LORE as an Legacy option as well.

It also then allow me to FOCUS on area's of the map, that none of my character's has unlocked. It also fully allow unlocking CODEXs that I hadn't gotten. It's also funny you unlock an entire map, yet the minimap on the side has section blocked off, like here where the Imperial (not enterable zone is) in this case.

See the attached graphic. :)

https://i.imgur.com/4jCfY5i.png

SUGGESTION: Make Map CODEXs, shared across a Legacy; similar thing could be done for Lore, as an option.

It also be NICE, if they updated Republic characters, to show the REPUBLIC LOGO in Family Tree. :o

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar.

The XP gained from exploration is not needed

Pro tip: Your character is not bolstered on Rishi and Yavin. Soon as you get your ship, travel there in your 20's, with full exploration XP perks, and you'll hit 30 or higher just by traveling around, and dying is irrelevant because the xp is so good. Die, pick yourself up, keep exploring.

Uncovering maps at the legacy level would totally kill that.

So no thank you. Bad idea.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Pro tip: Your character is not bolstered on Rishi and Yavin. Soon as you get your ship, travel there in your 20's, with full exploration XP perks, and you'll hit 30 or higher just by traveling around, and dying is irrelevant because the xp is so good. Die, pick yourself up, keep exploring.

Uncovering maps at the legacy level would totally kill that.

So no thank you. Bad idea.

It would be OPTIONAL like other legacy perks. No one would force you to pick it up

Edited by dwiekopy

My idea is vendor that sells the maps not cheap the same way vendor sells 50 level companion influence token, quite expensive:D

It would be a new credit sink, and as it's optional , people don't have to do it. As long as they don't charge CC's for it, it's all good

My idea is vendor that sells the maps not cheap the same way vendor sells 50 level companion influence token, quite expensive:D

I need clarification how this would work. Are you saying that we can uncover the maps as we do now, but if people want the map instantly uncovered they'd have to buy the map? How would that tie into the legacy achievement for uncovering a planet's entire map?

Edited by xordevoreaux

And you'd actually stake your life on that's how Bioware would actually implement it? Beware what you ask for. You might get it, but not the way you want it.

This. People keep asking for duelling in Guild Wars 2 forums, and every single one of them assumes that if there's a duelling system, there will be a setting to automatically decline duelling requests. SWTOR (before patch dooblyflop that I'm too lazy to look up, but was fairly recent) didn't have such a setting, and duelling spam was a thing, so that assumption is clearly wrong.

If you don't ask for them to include the *option* to not automatically unlock the maps, you should operate on the basis that they won't include it.

I need clarification how this would work. Are you saying that we can uncover the maps as we do now, but if people want the map instantly uncovered they'd have to buy the map? How would that tie into the legacy achievement for uncovering a planet's entire map?

Once again, it is OPTIONAL You wanna get the achievement, ignore the vendor and explore

Once again, it is OPTIONAL You wanna get the achievement, ignore the vendor and explore

I keep thinking you are steve, and replying to your self, you need to change your pic....and before you ask, you can't have mine :p

Joking aside, if it's going to be a vendor, the vendor 'should' only sell the maps if a person has already uncovered the whole area, and gotten the achievement. That way, it's sort of tied in with legacy. Having it as a legacy char buy would probably be better though, as people (we all know some) can get confused by the vendor thing :)

Edited by DarkTergon

I'd for one greatly love it as a Legacy OPTION with account-wide Map CODEX sharing, also Love that for Lore as well.

At least then each character of a Family tree, regardless their Faction preference, could contribute toward Achievements. So there then not singled out on those. :eek:

Personally, no matter what they do, it should be per char only, so that way, if you want the exp on that specific char, you don't unlock it, and if you aren't too bothered (for whatever reason),, you can unlock it. If it's blanket legacy wide unlock, you don't get a choice. I know in the end, it will cost more, but I'd rather have the option, even if it was a bigger credit sink. Edited by DarkTergon

For me this is a Classic reason why I'd love it, I've fully unlocked this map on several toons, yet here nothing appears missing except the high Ice Wall. Now I can't jump, walk thru, or go over it... ...I've gone round and round, up close to every wall, but tire of looking, and this just isn't what people should be spending time on, unless they enjoy doing this on a per character level.

https://i.imgur.com/4X0TXKv.png

I'd love a Legacy Map Codex sharing (to remove Fog of War) between all Legacy Family, same option for LORE as well.

Don't know if we'll ever see it, but I'd sure like it as an option.

Edited by Strathkin