Lil help ... Older player returning after a long absence (feels like a noob)

OlBuzzard

I've ran across a few minor items that I could use some help getting answers to.

1. Biggest issue is I'm not getting credit for kills on Ossus for Flesh and Steel.

2. Relics Cap: 250 per week ( I get that ... but can't spend anything due to reputation).

3. Can reputation be tracked on a progress bar (simular to XP) ?

Specifics of toon in question:

Level 70 Smuggler / Gunslinger / 235 gear rating .. and yes I'm a subscriber

1. Flesh and steel:

I've made sure that I've ran both missions successfully without dieing in the process and respawning. As I understand it if you die and respawn before the battle is concluded that might cause some issues. Some say it will and some say no. So just to play it safe and not cause problems for someone else I just redo the instance.

Do you have to receive an invite to be a part of the group at the individual battle in order for it to be counted ? It's a bit odd ... but I guess that makes sense. My gear rating is not high enough so getting an invite might be trouble. I've seen other players refused an invite or get booted unless they were at 250. UGH !

2. Spending the relics .. I have 4 strongholds so buying stuff is not an issue ... but the reputation is slow for some odd reason. I still need 1100 more points to qualify for the next step up. (not that big of a deal just surprised after completing a weeks worth of dailies we're not there yet.)

3. Tracking reputation without bringing it up manually through our legacy sheet ?? I may have overlooked it .. but thought I might ask here.

BTW ... it should be noted I'm not going thermal over these items .. just thought if someone could answer it would save a lot of time/grief.

Thanks in advance !!

There is no "dps check" or rage timer on either the bot or the bug (that I'm aware of). So, no gear check is necessary.

Characters in full 258 w/ augments gear still die at the bot from that Incinerate or hidden burn patches.

Characters in < 200 rating gear are still viable at bug and live, as long as you have some awareness.

No one should be kicking anyone from the Ops team (which you should be in to do these 2 World Bosses) based on your gear. However, I wouldn't recommend being one of the tanks or healers in substandard gear.

Not getting credit.

Even after the recent patch, it still happens. The Devs think they have an idea why a group can miss getting credit at the bug, but the fix has not gone Live yet.

I've ran across a few minor items that I could use some help getting answers to.

1. Biggest issue is I'm not getting credit for kills on Ossus for Flesh and Steel.

2. Relics Cap: 250 per week ( I get that ... but can't spend anything due to reputation).

3. Can reputation be tracked on a progress bar (simular to XP) ?

Specifics of toon in question:

Level 70 Smuggler / Gunslinger / 235 gear rating .. and yes I'm a subscriber

1. Flesh and steel:

I've made sure that I've ran both missions successfully without dieing in the process and respawning. As I understand it if you die and respawn before the battle is concluded that might cause some issues. Some say it will and some say no. So just to play it safe and not cause problems for someone else I just redo the instance.

Do you have to receive an invite to be a part of the group at the individual battle in order for it to be counted ? It's a bit odd ... but I guess that makes sense. My gear rating is not high enough so getting an invite might be trouble. I've seen other players refused an invite or get booted unless they were at 250. UGH !

2. Spending the relics .. I have 4 strongholds so buying stuff is not an issue ... but the reputation is slow for some odd reason. I still need 1100 more points to qualify for the next step up. (not that big of a deal just surprised after completing a weeks worth of dailies we're not there yet.)

3. Tracking reputation without bringing it up manually through our legacy sheet ?? I may have overlooked it .. but thought I might ask here.

BTW ... it should be noted I'm not going thermal over these items .. just thought if someone could answer it would save a lot of time/grief.

Thanks in advance !!

1. Flesh and Steel

This issue should have been resolved with yesterday's patch. Here are the patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/03142019/game-update-5.10.1a

2. Ossus Relics

It is true that you can't spend them without the reputation, but by the end of the first week you should be at Friend level, which gives you access to a number of decorations. The weekly reputation cap is 15,000 points, which you can go over a bit if you plan out how you use reputation tokens (note, save a large rep token and use it when you get close to the weekly cap to go over the limit). The amount of reputation needed for each level is: Outsider - 2,500; Newcomer - 5,000; Friend - 7,500; Hero - 10,000; Champion - 15,000; and Legend - 30,000. The values are cumulative, so the 15,000 point weakly cap is enough for Outside, Newcomer, and Friend before you hit cap. Note that you can stock up on reputation tokens to use the next week after reset and if you hit cap each week it takes five weeks to hit Legendary. If you do that you will hit the weekly Ossus Relic cap but relics drop like candy and unless you're spending all that you get you're going to hit the hard cap of 1,000 anyhow. Don't worry about hard capping since they drop so easily. Doing dailies for two days is usually enough to hit the weekly cap.

3. Tracking rep

Unfortunately, the only way to see your rep level is through the Legacy window. What I do is when I'm eating rep tokens I'll open the Legacy window to Reputation and select the one I'm working on so I can track when I get close to the weekly cap, which is when I use a large token to go over the weekly cap.

1. Flesh and steel:

If I'm reading this right then you've been killing the WB by not actually being in the group that kills them?

Don't do that. (A non-group member can mess up a fight, by, for example, pulling the boss first, taunting the boss to the wrong area, or killing the wrong things at the wrong time. It can be a form of griefing.)

Only the group that pulls the boss gets credit for the kill. You cannot jump in on someone else's fight and get credit for the kill.

Getting invites should not be a problem, just x up with your role when someone's forming a group. DPS just need to be warm bodies, gear rating doesn't really matter.

If I'm reading this right then you've been killing the WB by not actually being in the group that kills them?

Don't do that. (A non-group member can mess up a fight, by, for example, pulling the boss first, taunting the boss to the wrong area, or killing the wrong things at the wrong time. It can be a form of griefing.)

Only the group that pulls the boss gets credit for the kill. You cannot jump in on someone else's fight and get credit for the kill.

Getting invites should not be a problem, just x up with your role when someone's forming a group. DPS just need to be warm bodies, gear rating doesn't really matter.

AH ! OK ! This is what I suspected but was not certain of. I hate bugging groups to get in (I'm not that great at some of this.... but can hold my own for an old fart. )

If it were not for the gear available grinding the special shards (??) I'd probably just not mess with it. But I've taken on world bosses on other more active games and it can be a lot of fun when you're in a good group.

That's one of the main reasons I don't do guilds any more. My son (who is 100 X better at MMO's than I wver will be) was in fact over a major fleet and even supplied our own server for the guild. Without a lot of boring garbage that noone needs ... let's just say we got burnt ... BAD ! And in yet another game ... different players ... different leaders.

At any rate: I do much appreciate the responses. Seems like we were closer to the facts than we thought. I have read a lot on the forums to answer several other questions.

For those of you who take the time to answer questions for others in need ... Thank You VERY much !! It really does help !! A LOT !!!

You can see on the boss's portrait if you're going to get credit for the kill. If there is a little padlock icon on the picture, then the mob is "locked" to someone else and you won't get credit, the health bar above the mob might be grey (although this doesn't always happen).

You can see on the boss's portrait if you're going to get credit for the kill. If there is a little padlock icon on the picture, then the mob is "locked" to someone else and you won't get credit, the health bar above the mob might be grey (although this doesn't always happen).

Hmmm .. did not know about the pad lock.

As for the color .. very seldom has it been gray. I see that frequently in other mobs and lower valued enemy targets. Often I will lend a hand to a fellow player if they need it: not expecting an drops/rewards etc when we're done.

These world bosses have always been red lettered when we've engaged ... but I will look at the "locked" icon before getting into the fight. The last thing I would want is to mess things up for someone else (see the post above).

Thanks again !