Just lost 2 hours for nothing :( Explanation plz

So my group and I are doing False Emperor on hard mode and we get to Malgus. In typical fashion he is down to 10% so being the tank of the group I lead him to the edge. As I am on the edge my screen goes from fighting Malgus to all of a sudden loading Ilum. I am going to take a guess and say Malgus pushed me off the edge. Sure enough while swtor is in the process of loading Ilum my team hits Malgus with the grenade, sending him off the edge and finishes the flashpoint. Finally my screen finishes loading and I am in Ilum and I try to get back into the flashpoint. My group is nice enough to not loot anything until I get back but unfortunately it would seem that I am not allowed back. Every time I try to enter I get pushed back to Ilum. When my group loots and leaves the flashpoint I am finally allowed back in but it is back to the start with all progress lost. So not only do I not get a chance at any items from killing the boss, I get no rewards for finishing and with that I get no contribution to my daily/weekly quests. :mad: All in all a complete waste of 2 hours. I think that in itself deserves some kind of explanation or if it is an oversight, an apology.

I had a similar thing happen on the Esseles and I too would like an explanation. Is there some reason I have to be kicked out of Flashpoints and Operations just because I was unlucky enough to have a cat knock over my router? Or, as said above, if we find ourselves in the wrong place of the instance? Is that intentional? Is there any other MMO that does that?

It's just bad design by BW, Once Malgus is killed then the flashpoint quest is flagged as complete and no one is allowed to re-enter the instance once the quest is complete. Who ever had ownership of the instance was still in there and they finished their quest so it closed.

I'm not sure if having the tank be the owner of the instances fixes this or not but that would be my best suggestion for avoiding it in the future (aside from not dying).

Note: This was also suppose to be fixed last patch but for some reason, they decided to not include some button that must be clicked by the group to Finish the flash point before it locks up. Very disappointed with that one.

It might be more than Malgus really, something is bugged in Ilum... the following happened to me a month back:

I was on my way to the false emperor FP downstairs in Ilum, and decided that I should try jumping on the elevator which was on its way down. I died on the elevator, and when I rezzed it dumped me in the MIDDLE OF ILUM near the armaments, and 4 pubs jumped on me and killed me. It was hilarious!

It's just bad design by BW, Once Malgus is killed then the flashpoint quest is flagged as complete and no one is allowed to re-enter the instance once the quest is complete. Who ever had ownership of the instance was still in there and they finished their quest so it closed.

I'm not sure if having the tank be the owner of the instances fixes this or not but that would be my best suggestion for avoiding it in the future (aside from not dying).

Note: This was also suppose to be fixed last patch but for some reason, they decided to not include some button that must be clicked by the group to Finish the flash point before it locks up. Very disappointed with that one.

Thanks! I will request being owner and see if that prevents. Have to be honest, I hope that it doesn't ever happen again to find out :)

Just lost 50 min when this happened in BP HM.

The NEXT DAY my group wiped in HM Foundry when our healer was stuck.... 40m in the air! He couldn't reach the group to heal them and was out of range for extricate.

Now two days in a row for bugged HM FPs is giving Vanilla WoW a run for it's money - I think SWTOR will definitely win the "who had more bugs at launch contest."

explanation = u did it wrong

at 20% move back across the bridge, 2 pillers on the right, head to the furthest one away, ....now in the middle running up it is a little nic, just run straight into that and turn round and tank him, you will be against the pillar and so he cant push you off.

rest of the group will finish him off...hopefully.

Explanation: you didnt know about this event. Else you would have made sure not to get knocked off. I would not call this wasted two hours, but a good lerning.

The next time your group should wait with the knockback untill you are back in (even if this means a wipe), or you stand yourself somewhere you dont get knocked down, or you let someone who has the loot already do the knockdown (evil, but works).

Yes, its stupid that you cant enter anymore after all this work. But right now it is this way. And if you know about it, you can prepare for it.

Now two days in a row for bugged HM FPs is giving Vanilla WoW a run for it's money - I think SWTOR will definitely win the "who had more bugs at launch contest."

Not even close. There have been by far worse launches.

Ive had this exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. I had my back to the pillar and he somehow knockedme through it into the pit, he was then knocked off and I couldnt get back in. Fortunatly the drop was for a bounty hunter so I didnt lose anything anyways but it was still annoying. The worst part was I didnt get credit for completing it and after going back in after everyone exited my instance was reset.

I was more upset about not getting credit towards my weekly then not getting the loot but both sucked.

Explanation: you didnt know about this event. Else you would have made sure not to get knocked off. I would not call this wasted two hours, but a good lerning.

Yes, "lerning" is a good thing. But the end of the whole encounter is unsatisfactory -- for example, Malgus rants on about the self-destruct mechanism for the station that will incinerate the attacking fleet, but nothing is mentioned of it -- he falls in the shaft and ping, the Flashpoint ends.

It would be trivial to have an extra object to interact with to disarm the self-destruct and thus allow the event to end properly, and avoid this stupid situation.

I 've had this happen twice (on different FP) due to the ESC key.

Why the heck doesn't ESC key close the windows. Why does it ask me if I want to leave the instance?

Worse, why the #@!& does it treat ESC key as 'yes' in the leave instance confirm dialog??!!?!!?

ESC key is universal 'NO', 'CANCEL', 'EXIT without saving', etc.. Fix this BW.

Edited by geulsae

I had a similar thing happen on the Esseles and I too would like an explanation. Is there some reason I have to be kicked out of Flashpoints and Operations just because I was unlucky enough to have a cat knock over my router? Or, as said above, if we find ourselves in the wrong place of the instance? Is that intentional? Is there any other MMO that does that?

Cats are evil, everyone knows this :)