I am accusing Bioware of an unintended culture bias

Chiricahua

Anyone who has played around with the character creator knows that you can make a character that is a ringer for Keanu Reeves, who was never in any Star Wars movies. Yet, one character is noticeably abscent, that is Mace Windu played by Samuel Jackson. To those who say being able to create his character would not be canon, since he appears years later, I say horse ****. The character for each player is only in the mind of the player, and is not to be inferred as an insertion into the whole story, which by the way is horse **** too.

Anyone who has played around with the character creator knows that you can make a character that is a ringer for Keanu Reeves, who was never in any Star Wars movies. Yet, one character is noticeably abscent, that is Mace Windu played by Samuel Jackson. To those who say being able to create his character would not be canon, since he appears years later, I say horse ****. The character for each player is only in the mind of the player, and is not to be inferred as an insertion into the whole story, which by the way is horse **** too.

Oh FFS......

I've made a number of darker skinned player characters. Even bald ones.

I don't understand...

I am not talking about just being black, or bald. I'm referring to facial features that make the character look remarkably close to the real person. The Keanu Reeves character is like I said a ringer.

Ok...

So someone can make a character in this game that looks like Keanu Reeves, but you can't make one that looks like Sam Jackson...

And this is a case of culture bias just how?

Unless you are really going to try and say they intentionally put in options so someone could look like Keanu, and intentionally left out Sam.

Just so I have this straight - your complaint is that Samuel L. Jackson's face is not an option?

Because I would like to complain that my smuggler can't have John Candy's face is that's the game we're playing.

Don't forget Bill Pullman. :D

Dude, I can't play at all atm since the new UI GCD makes me ill ... but I am going to go and try and see if you could make Mace Windu... he rocked.

Ok...

So someone can make a character in this game that looks like Keanu Reeves, but you can't make one that looks like Sam Jackson...

And this is a case of culture bias just how?

Unless you are really going to try and say they intentionally put in options so someone could look like Keanu, and intentionally left out Sam.

Clearly the OP is indicating that the developer has some form of bias toward wooden, emotionless, hack actors.

You should have taken the blue pill.

Occam's Razor was right! The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

People complain because they can.

I'm sticking with assuming they're wearing tinfoil hats.

BTW...did you hear the one about Occam's RAzor, Overton's Window and Godwin's Law walking into a bar?