My honest assessment of the game

Sarfux

Yes. Here it is. Sarfux's critique of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I bet you never saw this post coming from me. This is going to be constructive criticism and very well thought out about how the game is in my eyes, what needs to happen in order for things to work better and what they should put in, in order to make people happier. Keep in mind this is in no way shape or form saying the game is doomed at all or a negative post. Or anything like that.

Story

Ah yes. The staple of SWTOR. The gloriousness of every class having their own unique staple storyline that lets you discover the galaxy of Star Wars through the eyes of the attitude of somebody else. Whether it be a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, fighting for the Republic in the military as a Trooper, being sneaky and nimble as an Imperial Agent. It's all there. All you have to do is play it through. It is a beautifully made congregation and set of stories that makes this game unique from others. Level 1-50 that is. There is no more personal story after that. It gets sterile.

Yes, 50 - 55 Makeb story is wonderful I think, there are at least two faction stories involved with you, but you are always still left wondering "what happened to my Trooper sworn to uphold the Republic? He is doing the same things that a Jedi Knight is doing? That doesn't make any sense...where's the suspense, thrill and "missions" where Havoc goes behind enemy lines without the help of Jedi or the council, etc.." It leaves you wondering "what now". With two separate stories, it can only go so far. There are only so many choices you can make about what is going to happen. There's no "uniqueness" anymore to any of it. It's still a good story, it has no continuation of the class stories which made SWTOR "THE" unique mmorpg in all of the gaming world.

55 - 60 Shadow of Revan. Ah yes, the infamous Revan. Beloved by millions of fans from around the world. The person that was like a god in The Old Republic Era of storytelling. This is where Revan ends, and you find out a good deal about him. Yet, as good as the story was done I feel that....both sides joining each other wasn't the way to do it. You turned Revan from a beloved, neutral character with being on the light side most of the time of situations, to being cold, heartless and borderline evil and psychotic.

We had to team up to "vanquish this even bigger evil" from the galaxy. What? Ok. I'll give that a pass since you can do what you want since he's your character. I just think you should have done something differently than both sides working together to kill an even bigger threat. There is no "working with both sides" it's either Republic or Empire. Not both. You should have given us two sides to each faction so we were seeing what is going on here. At least if you don't have the money or time to give us class stories, at LEAST for the game's sake keep it separate faction stories. I think you should, in the future, go back to at least faction vs faction stuff. That's what people want in Star Wars. Good vs. Evil. Right vs. Wrong. Light vs. Dark. Will you be the person that teams up with the dark? Or the person that tries to vanquish the evil. But this handholding stuff has gone a little too far IMO.

60 - 65. Ah yes, Knights of the Fallen Empire. Great things have happened in this expansion and it's the greatest expansion in the history of this game. Whether or not you agree with level sync, there are other threads for that. This isn't the thread for that. Anyway, this expansion was a pretty good overhaul of the game. For the future of SWTOR and for our classes. As good as the story was in KotFE (and let me tell you, in some places I got chills when Valkorion would talk about things, he's great) it's the problem again with "cross faction handholding". In the story, there is no point of having factions anymore.

If he has completely wiped out the core of the factions and there is no point to them anymore, then that gives off the impression yet again just like some of it with SoR that you don't care about faction based or class stories anymore. It's not a nice feeling that my Agent, somebody who is disastrous, lacks morales and is all for assassination gets talked to the same way my Jedi Knight, a sworn protector against the Sith Empire and evil, gets talked to. I understand maybe needing to cut costs or you want to take SWTOR in a different direction, but at least do Empire and Republic stories and how Valkorion saw them as a threat. THEN make a faction based story based on that so we have at least a little bit of variation.

There is no wanting to replay it. After you do it so many times, it stagnates. It gets boring. There's nothing left to see. It's yawn worthy the 4th or 5th time. I'd rather go back and level up on other planets and do daily's and weeklies than deal with that again a 6th time. (Yes, I actually said that) And that is exactly what I do. I enjoy every other aspect of this game. The little stories on the planets, the class stories, all that other stuff except for the part where now you BioWare, are making this into a factionless game. What's next? Are we going to be holding hands united by the force in the next expansion and a Sith and Jedi are going to find "common ground" to unite the galaxy? Maybe then we have a reason to use our fireworks then! :eek::p

I would suggest moving back to at least dual faction stories. To keep switching it up so there is at least some variety! :)

Cartel Market

A cash shop was inevitable for an mmorpg. It seems more and more mmos are relying upon them these days. So why is it that THIS particular in game store can't have more varieties of things. Where are all the decorations? Except the ones that have been there since the day the store launched. Where are all the mounts? Oh you mean 2 pages not even full ones? Where are all the dyes? Where are the pages and pages of different types of armor? You should be adding more decorations, armor pieces, crystals, mounts, fun things all the time. Not just these gambling packs where you take a chance on what you get. You WILL see more money if you add things where people KNOW what they are going to get rather than taking a risk they MIGHT get that certain thing they want.

Where are all the things to make people excited about the Cartel Market? All I see is the same old 7 pages of decorations that you have had since launch. You need to keep adding more decorations to the market to keep people interested. Where are the customization options? There should be tons of amounts of speeders, animal mounts, cool gear, different variations of juke boxes, lots of different types of crystals and so on and so on.

The Cartel Market has been neglected lately and I feel like you guys have a HUGE opportunity there to take advantage of a situation you have with gamers where they will spend more money on your game if they know what they are getting instead of putting "chance cubes" and going "meh..its not really what I wanted but I'll wear it anyway so I feel like I got my money's worth". That's not right. There needs to be a big semi overhaul to the market. Throw in lots of different full outfits. Different chest pieces. Different gloves, boots, pants, headpieces. It would be great if you guys put in more things in the market. You can really get creative with anything and add features. I don't know why you are not. It would benefit the game greatly!

Random events

One of the reasons this game is so great is because of things like that. But you know what? They are random. They aren't spontaneous. They are scheduled so people know what's going to go on and where it's going to happen. We need these things to happen randomly so people feel thrilled and "woah! really?" type of spontaneous events to happen. It makes people feel good and happy. Spontaneousness is the spice of life. When every single thing is planned out, it feels to....on task. It's too planned. Like there is no randomness to anything anymore. Rakghoul events should happen spontaneously where one night a bulletin or news conference pops up when you arrive at fleet and tells you it's on. Although, it is nice having scheduled events so I can plan my days around it :) that is also nice. I have to admit

There should be invasions of areas of planets you guys can design so players have more things to do. For example, an area of Coruscant that the Sith try to take and you have to repel them. That would be fantastic. An array of events that would spice up the galaxy so we have more to do. When "random events" were announced, it was exciting. When they started being scheduled, it wasn't such a thrill anymore. I suggest you make more things happening at once throughout the galaxy so we have more things going on. It should not feel "oh..it's this event that's planned again -_- " Make them more random in the future :) But planned are also fun. Not saying they are bad!

Strongholds

Make more strongholds on more planets! These are glorious!! :) I cannot tell how much I use this feature. I have every single thing in my stronghold that I ever need except when I need to get the weeklies from the fleet or just go there for something else. More decorations are needed to go with the market though! I LOVE this feature, don't have too much constructive criticism for this except add tropical get a ways and more unique ones! :D

Operations

What is going on here? Why can't you make more? What's the deal here with this? There needs to be some leeway into deciding what goes into these. I don't do operations myself, but it would be nice to finally get some new ones for the game. What happened to the people that are making them? Why don't we get an update that focuses on at least bringing 1 or 2 new operations each every other update. Why is it so hard to do? I would suggest to focus on adding more operations in due time so the PvE aspect could have more variation instead of just doing the same operations and runs over and over. It gets tiresome Please, add some more operations in the future. It cannot stay stagnant. You have great great stories in these things, use them to your potential.

Warzones

Now here is an area where it is fun. Even me, as a hardcore roleplay, it's fun. I enjoy sometimes going into these things and either healing my whole group, menacing killing blows with one of my many operatives or mind screwing people with my other consular. Or tanking with my Guardian. It's a whole lot of fun. It is showing that there is a struggle. Republic vs Empire. Who will win the match? But, you need more of these to keep coming. There needs to be a way you can pick and choose which warzone you want. I would never, ever do arenas ever because they are boring and I would deselect those. Do a thing like RIFT has where you can choose which warzone you want to go into so YOU can have fun! BioWare, the future possibilities with warzones is great. You need to have more. This one warzone every 2 years isn't cuttin it for the fans of warzones. You need more. Make it so. Even though they are fun now :)

PvP

What happened? This was touted as being fantastic before the game released. There was SO MUCH stuff to do you guys said. Don't worry! more is coming you said! WAIT!, you said. Well we have been waiting and waiting and all you did was remove pvp things and make this an rp/pve centric game. MMORPGS need to have a good balance between all 3 so more people are happy with the direction of the game. Star Wars especially should have PvP because I want to kick the crap out of some Sith with my Trooper when I see him trying to do the quest IM ON FIRST! :mad: Oh it's on now! Things like that. What happened to the spunk? You remove ranked 8v8 in order to force people into the small little arenas which, by the way, are boring. There I said it. Arena's are boring and I DREAD going into one and when I see the loading screen I say to myself "not again..." while letting out a gigantic sigh. That's all you have for PvP in this game? Warzones? Cmon, give the PvP fans something else. They have been waiting this whole time. It's not "all or nothing" BioWare. Have a balance ya know?

People want to PvP the face out of people in the open worlds. They want to fight people that are stealing their quest, or their chest, or their credits. Wherever they are. They don't want to have to go into an instanced area to PvP to kill that Sith. I would suggest making open world PvP incentives. Perhaps like crystals (commendations) you get in warzones, make "world" crystals that you only get when defeating another player in the open world. On the PvP servers, everything should be that way. People need incentives to open world pvp. Make fun new quests. Things like "hunt and destroy 8 players" or "track down and spy on 15 players" then those quests can lead to other things.

Quality of Life

I think you need to focus more on how the player interacts with your game. Why are there no chat bubbles in a mainly big rp/pve game?? O.o Why are there no bank accounts where YOU personally without the need to spend money on a guild bank to put your credits in, exist? Out of all these fantastic features you have for legacy, why is there no shared Legacy Bank where you can store your credits? If you are worried about people exploiting the credit cap, then put a limit for free to players, preferred, and full access to subs. Exactly how it is now. We need something like that. Guild Wars 2 has account wide everything. You don't have to make it ACCOUNT wide, just Legacy would be very, very useful.

Collections needs to have a search bar. I'm sick and tired of having to guess which pack this cool armor set came in so I can equip it as an outfit. It's not NEEDED but it sure would be useful! Maybe you are working on it for the future! Collections was a great fantastic idea! But you need to do more cross legacy features. More legacy decorations, more subscriber only perks, more xp boost things. We need credits to be legacy wide.

Also on this quality of life. Where are the chat bubbles in this game? Why isn't there a toggle for them by now? Put them in and let the PERSON decide if they want them if it slows down their computer or not, not have the company decide. Remember, people like customization and control. There should be a way to make chat bubbles a reality after nearly 5 years now of the game being out. Why isn't this implemented? Is there some type of issue with the client? HeroEngine? If so, I would strongly suggest putting a couple people brainstorming on this to see how it could be implemented because a AAA title in an mmorpg, without chat bubbles to me is unacceptable. There I said it. It's not right. Even indie mmos that are games without even an anti aliasing or anything has chat bubbles. You need to really discover who is playing this game and make that change to get the chat bubbles in here as soon as you can. It would be fantastic. You don't like the chat bubbles? Even better. Make a toggle in order to turn them off. BOOM! no chat bubbles on your screen :D

I DO appreciate however that you guys added the ability to mount up while moving. I can't tell you how much I like little things like that added. Quality of Life things are always good and it seems you are making little strides further along. But you can always add more!

Galactic Starfighter

Neglected, forgotten, not worked on. Whatever word you want to say about it. It's disgraceful. Which is a shame because it is a fantastic game mode that is lots and lots of fun. Why aren't there more game modes in the works? More ship types, more things in the market with it's own tab for "starfighter" so you can get new laser modes, weapons, missile skins, thrusters etc? Why has it been completely stagnant for years now? We were promised this thing that was the super secret space project and it's FANTASTIC but you guys don't have your priorities in gear and stuck with it. You abandoned to poor thing :( It is something unique that is in this game. Star Wars with land AND space combat are you kidding me? You need to start to add more maps, ships, game types on GS because it has stagnated, just like warzones have. For the future of this game feature, put more concepts out for it. Brainstorm more so starfighter can be revitalized and not just a dusty book on the shelf. Make it be a book people want to check out!

There are loads of great things about this game. The music, the setting, the artstyle, the ability to edit our layout, importing our keybinds (finally!) but I feel as though there could be many, many more things done in order to please the people that play this fantastic game! Sometimes guys, I know it's hard to hold out hope. I know it's hard to see something good come out of things. But in the end you are still here, still supporting the game and love it. Even though frustrations build, we all love the game! :)

I know I have seemed like blind follower and zealot of BioWare and I do not mean to come across as rude to some of you with different opinions. I know you guys just want to see good things come to the game and have it managed better. I however do not apologize to hold my own opinions and defend this game. I love it very, very much. That is an honest assessment of this game at this time. It is gaining lots of steam and getting lots of great things but they could really shape and polish this game. Things they could add to spice it up even more.

I love the level sync and I love the weeklies! I can level and do w/e on any planet I want. I have always wanted to do that in this game. This game is my home. It is home to many of us, regardless of how we feel, argue, bicker and act immature sometimes. I will continue defending this game and the positivity that flows between posters.

Edited by Sarfux

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Here it is. Sarfux's critique of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I bet you never saw this post coming from me. This is going to be constructive criticism and very well thought out about how the game is in my eyes, what needs to happen in order for things to work better and what they should put in, in order to make people happier. Keep in mind this is in no way shape or form saying the game is doomed at all or a negative post. Or anything like that.

Story

Ah yes. The staple of SWTOR. The gloriousness of every class having their own unique staple storyline that lets you discover the galaxy of Star Wars through the eyes of the attitude of somebody else. Whether it be a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, fighting for the Republic in the military as a Trooper, being sneaky and nimble as an Imperial Agent. It's all there. All you have to do is play it through. It is a beautifully made congregation and set of stories that makes this game unique from others. Level 1-50 that is. There is no more personal story after that. It gets sterile.

Yes, 50 - 55 Makeb story is wonderful I think, there are at least two faction stories involved with you, but you are always still left wondering "what happened to my Trooper sworn to uphold the Republic? He is doing the same things that a Jedi Knight is doing? That doesn't make any sense...where's the suspense, thrill and "missions" where Havoc goes behind enemy lines without the help of Jedi or the council, etc.." It leaves you wondering "what now". With two separate stories, it can only go so far. There are only so many choices you can make about what is going to happen. There's no "uniqueness" anymore to any of it. It's still a good story, it has no continuation of the class stories which made SWTOR "THE" unique mmorpg in all of the gaming world.

55 - 60 Shadow of Revan. Ah yes, the infamous Revan. Beloved by millions of fans from around the world. The person that was like a god in The Old Republic Era of storytelling. This is where Revan ends, and you find out a good deal about him. Yet, as good as the story was done I feel that....both sides joining each other wasn't the way to do it. You turned Revan from a beloved, neutral character with being on the light side most of the time of situations, to being cold, heartless and borderline evil and psychotic.

We had to team up to "vanquish this even bigger evil" from the galaxy. What? Ok. I'll give that a pass since you can do what you want since he's your character. I just think you should have done something differently than both sides working together to kill an even bigger threat. There is no "working with both sides" it's either Republic or Empire. Not both. You should have given us two sides to each faction so we were seeing what is going on here. At least if you don't have the money or time to give us class stories, at LEAST for the game's sake keep it separate faction stories. I think you should, in the future, go back to at least faction vs faction stuff. That's what people want in Star Wars. Good vs. Evil. Right vs. Wrong. Light vs. Dark. Will you be the person that teams up with the dark? Or the person that tries to vanquish the evil. But this handholding stuff has gone a little too far IMO.

60 - 65. Ah yes, Knights of the Fallen Empire. Great things have happened in this expansion and it's the greatest expansion in the history of this game. Whether or not you agree with level sync, there are other threads for that. This isn't the thread for that. Anyway, this expansion was a pretty good overhaul of the game. For the future of SWTOR and for our classes. As good as the story was in KotFE (and let me tell you, in some places I got chills when Valkorion would talk about things, he's great) it's the problem again with "cross faction handholding". In the story, there is no point of having factions anymore.

If he has completely wiped out the core of the factions and there is no point to them anymore, then that gives off the impression yet again just like some of it with SoR that you don't care about faction based or class stories anymore. It's not a nice feeling that my Agent, somebody who is disastrous, lacks morales and is all for assassination gets talked to the same way my Jedi Knight, a sworn protector against the Sith Empire and evil, gets talked to. I understand maybe needing to cut costs or you want to take SWTOR in a different direction, but at least do Empire and Republic stories and how Valkorion saw them as a threat. THEN make a faction based story based on that so we have at least a little bit of variation.

There is no wanting to replay it. After you do it so many times, it stagnates. It gets boring. There's nothing left to see. It's yawn worthy the 4th or 5th time. I'd rather go back and level up on other planets and do daily's and weeklies than deal with that again a 6th time. (Yes, I actually said that) And that is exactly what I do. I enjoy every other aspect of this game. The little stories on the planets, the class stories, all that other stuff except for the part where now you BioWare, are making this into a factionless game. What's next? Are we going to be holding hands united by the force in the next expansion and a Sith and Jedi are going to find "common ground" to unite the galaxy? Maybe then we have a reason to use our fireworks then! :eek::p

I would suggest moving back to at least dual faction stories. To keep switching it up so there is at least some variety! :)

Cartel Market

A cash shop was inevitable for an mmorpg. It seems more and more mmos are relying upon them these days. So why is it that THIS particular in game store can't have more varieties of things. Where are all the decorations? Except the ones that have been there since the day the store launched. Where are all the mounts? Oh you mean 2 pages not even full ones? Where are all the dyes? Where are the pages and pages of different types of armor? You should be adding more decorations, armor pieces, crystals, mounts, fun things all the time. Not just these gambling packs where you take a chance on what you get. You WILL see more money if you add things where people KNOW what they are going to get rather than taking a risk they MIGHT get that certain thing they want.

Where are all the things to make people excited about the Cartel Market? All I see is the same old 7 pages of decorations that you have had since launch. You need to keep adding more decorations to the market to keep people interested. Where are the customization options? There should be tons of amounts of speeders, animal mounts, cool gear, different variations of juke boxes, lots of different types of crystals and so on and so on.

The Cartel Market has been neglected lately and I feel like you guys have a HUGE opportunity there to take advantage of a situation you have with gamers where they will spend more money on your game if they know what they are getting instead of putting "chance cubes" and going "meh..its not really what I wanted but I'll wear it anyway so I feel like I got my money's worth". That's not right. There needs to be a big semi overhaul to the market. Throw in lots of different full outfits. Different chest pieces. Different gloves, boots, pants, headpieces. It would be great if you guys put in more things in the market. You can really get creative with anything and add features. I don't know why you are not. It would benefit the game greatly!

Random events

One of the reasons this game is so great is because of things like that. But you know what? They are random. They aren't spontaneous. They are scheduled so people know what's going to go on and where it's going to happen. We need these things to happen randomly so people feel thrilled and "woah! really?" type of spontaneous events to happen. It makes people feel good and happy. Spontaneousness is the spice of life. When every single thing is planned out, it feels to....on task. It's too planned. Like there is no randomness to anything anymore. Rakghoul events should happen spontaneously where one night a bulletin or news conference pops up when you arrive at fleet and tells you it's on.

There should be invasions of areas of planets you guys can design so players have more things to do. For example, an area of Coruscant that the Sith try to take and you have to repel them. That would be fantastic. An array of events that would spice up the galaxy so we have more to do. When "random events" were announced, it was exciting. When they started being scheduled, it wasn't such a thrill anymore. I suggest you make more things happening at once throughout the galaxy so we have more things going on. It should not feel "oh..it's this event that's planned again -_- " Make them more random in the future :)

Operations

What is going on here? Why can't you make more? What's the deal here with this? There needs to be some leeway into deciding what goes into these. I don't do operations myself, but it would be nice to finally get some new ones for the game. What happened to the people that are making them? Why don't we get an update that focuses on at least bringing 1 or 2 new operations each every other update. Why is it so hard to do? I would suggest to focus on adding more operations in due time so the PvE aspect could have more variation instead of just doing the same operations and runs over and over. It gets tiresome Please, add some more operations in the future. It cannot stay stagnant. You have great great stories in these things, use them to your potential.

Warzones

Now here is an area where it is fun. Even me, as a hardcore roleplay, it's fun. I enjoy sometimes going into these things and either healing my whole group, menacing killing blows with one of my many operatives or mind screwing people with my other consular. Or tanking with my Guardian. It's a whole lot of fun. It is showing that there is a struggle. Republic vs Empire. Who will win the match? But, you need more of these to keep coming. There needs to be a way you can pick and choose which warzone you want. I would never, ever do arenas ever because they are boring and I would deselect those. Do a thing like RIFT has where you can choose which warzone you want to go into so YOU can have fun! BioWare, the future possibilities with warzones is great. Make it so. Even though they are fun now :)

There are loads of great things about this game. The music, the setting, the artstyle, the ability to edit our layout, importing our keybinds (finally!) but I feel as though there could be many, many more things done in order to please the people that play this fantastic game! Sometimes guys, I know it's hard to hold out hope. I know it's hard to see something good come out of things. But in the end you are still here, still supporting the game and love it. Even though frustrations build, we all love the game! :)

I know I have seemed like blind follower and zealot of BioWare and I do not mean to come across as rude to some of you with different opinions. I know you guys just want to see good things come to the game and have it managed better. I however do not apologize to hold my own opinions and defend this game. I love it very, very much. That is an honest assessment of this game at this time. It is gaining lots of steam and getting lots of great things but they could really shape and polish this game. Things they could add to spice it up even more.

I love the level sync and I love the weeklies! I can level and do w/e on any planet I want. I have always wanted to do that in this game. This game is my home. It is home to many of us, regardless of how we feel, argue, bicker and act immature sometimes. I will continue defending this game and the positivity that flows between posters.

are we supposed to know who u are?

He is known to defend Bioware quite a lot at times honestly... and there has been a few times where he was deemed as a fan boy so to speak... so he here is... in his own thread actually saying something negative about it. He also does it without name calling and shaming and tries to give them faith... I... I... I need a moment...

Very constructive, well written... and I agree with almost everything besides that... level sync.... but regardless ... well done Sarfux,

I aggree with OP about almost everything

1-50 story is wonderful level 50-55 is ok, but it is unfortunate that 55-65 can not be repeated without being boring.

I aggre also about cartel market, we want choose items to buy, more diversity!

More decorations, mounts, weapons, armor, real ambiances for our stronghold which are ON by default.

EA can earn much more money by doing this, I do not understand why they have neglected this ^^ '

In any case, the text is well written, well done :)

Edited by Goldorhino

I honestly do not understand why or how people can think this story is really a good one (it's okay, not good) and it goes beyond complete lack of repeatability on alts. The story is very formulaic. I feel like someone read a "how to be a writer" book. The new characters border on cliché as, if you are an existing player, the old characters are old hat. The consequences of your choices are also one offs. I see no NPC treating me any differently between two characters I have run through, one using lightside and the other darkside decisions. Add to that the fact that I finished the latest chapter and literally felt let down because of its brevity and I wonder how anyone can can honestly call this the "greatest expansion".

And don't even get me started on how my suspension of disbelief is totally shattered by the old world and this new world coexisting. If you are going to do what they did with KOTFE you have to do what Blizz did with Cata (love it or hate it). Going back to a Fleet that should no longer be, being able to go to planets and finish quests where it is the Pub v Imp battle and nothing to do with Liberation from the Eternal Empire? Hell tonight in my guilds VOIP a new player who leveled from zero for the fun of it asked " can someone tell me why and how I can go back to Fleet to buy my set piece from the Operation when it shouldn't exist anymore?"

As for the Cartel market. When you have threads with multiple people complaining about how they spent hundreds of dollars and didn't get what they wanted, why change?

Edited by Ghisallo

First do players have to quote the hole post when it that long.

Anyway OP I really don't care about your honest assessment of this game in any way shape or form. For every player who loves the game there one who hates it. For every play who hates a certain change in the game another will love etc. etc. etc. Therefore why should anyone care anymore? These threads are becoming ten a penny these days. Every one thinks there point is more important then everyone else's. This go's for those in support of the game as much as those complaining none stop, but still here.

Some will agree with you others wont, most will be somewhere in-between. What's going to change after your overly long winded whine of the game. Nothing.

I aggree with OP about almost everything

1-50 story is wonderful level 50-55 is ok, but it is unfortunate that 55-65 can not be repeated without being boring.

This is because game was developed by DIFFERENT team members or devs back then. 1-50 was desiged by original BW team who got let go after release fiasco. Then 50-55 was done by under old developer who was promoted to senior game designer or lead designer. After they left we ended up 55+ that is done by scraps of dev team or few old team members + bunch of new hence the bug amount mess.

Cant compare game as one whole anymore. Majority of people dont even know what has happened or changed behind the curtain. Even new one story driven updates are reflected what is possible with leftover team.

Edited by Divona

i admit with the story from 1-50. it made alot of fun. but it sucked after 2.0

i definitely would say we need mor raid content. and here they cheated all on us after 3.0 ( remeber the not fixing time for raids for 2 month )

i only can say we need much more pvp with story bound content ( like in aion the abyss and the dredgion ), cos its star WARS.all we now have is some "simulation war zones"......realy...where is the real fight...where is the war...where does any pvp match have any impact on the galaxy ?

but u need to know one thing...

they released it too early cos €A wannted it that way ( christmas sale was much more importend for them than a real good release )...and the lack of endgame at release broke their neck. they stated out that 1.7 was the state where it has to be at release....we all know why they went F2P :D

and that trend after release was, they gave us less and less till now.

so let the times recap. they released a mmorpg to early, they did a crap job in fixing stuff ( like the assasins animation in walk mode with a drawn weapon :rolleyes: ), they cant give us the amount of content that a mmo needs and on so many corners the game feels steril and boring.

that all is a indication that they dont have a clou of how mmos are working. we not even have chat bobbles. and with all that they choose a bad game engine ( back in the days a not released and "workinprogress" hero engine, wich wasnt even ready for the market ) only because €A wannted to make it as cheap as they can.like always :D

and that all leads into a game that has a fishy feeling.

so...we dont have now even have a real challange since 4.0.

they made the worst decision to wipe away the regular item hunting progress. cos if u are honest, they never even get it back to that gameplaystyl anymore....how will that look like with a next Xpac...always a all rise to the next cap..all ops,fp´s and pvp....instead they could made it like a progress...but u all know how it looks like now.

and the worst thing, the level sync ( cos it fits in their rot metrics, cos ppls pre 4.0 where so much bored/pushed with 12x EXP and lack of content to make tons of toons ) turned this game in a vacuum that gonna kill itself. overpowerd companiens already destroyed any challenge( not to mention that they removed customization to min/max our comps and replaced it by influence)

and let me get that right..4.0 was a uninspired and dumb mix of retard decisions wich made the game much more to become a SIMS WARS than it was before. and me as a full time low lev crafter who always had fun with crafting now have none use of it anymore....and here they also lied to us ( remember that they said u are going to need less mats for crafting, what a joke )

with all that, bioware dont even know how a mmorpg have to look like....it´s like the same with warhammer and will end like that.

€A bought a company gave em some cash, and wannted a game from someone who dont even know how to made it.

in my eyes bioware have to hire some real mmorpg devs with knowledge.

and they need to return to a 3 month cycle baack with fresh content. a seperated fixing team ( not only for that stupid CC shop ), a seperated pvp team and a real good dev team for op´s/fp´s....but all looks like the same bunch of devs do all that....so it feels like on all ends that it dont come to a good end.

just my 2 cents......i keep an eye on swtor...but its hard to stay here, after all progress raiding guilds are gone, good pvpers want that mess and dont get it ( every month a other class is fotm cos of stupid patch politics ) suffering crafters who dont touch it anymore ( and all that only to make cartel stuff MORE ATTRACTIVE ).... only time will tell :cool:

Edited by ShinDoRai

I know who he is...who are you?

I also agree with pretty much all the OP has said. 1-50 the game is great, but the reduction to a single story has killed replayability for a game that encouraged alts.

I made it through KotFE four times. The other 16 alts levelled to 65 via weekly heroics.

The cash shop would be great with more items, but the few they've put in for limited time recently have been at stupid prices. I'm not paying 2000CC for a single mount or outfit.

Edited by GoldenHornet

I'm not sure how one can cry out for a "return" to Good vs Evil, Right vs Wrong, etc as a matter of faction... when this game has always had a huge grey area. The Republic government and leadership is consistently shown as riddled with secret projects, greed, dirty deeds, corruption, etc. Both chancellors are deeply flawed, it seems like half the Jedi are cracked, and so on.

He is known to defend Bioware quite a lot at times honestly... and there has been a few times where he was deemed as a fan boy so to speak... so he here is... in his own thread actually saying something negative about it. He also does it without name calling and shaming and tries to give them faith... I... I... I need a moment...

Very constructive, well written... and I agree with almost everything besides that... level sync.... but regardless ... well done Sarfux,

I will be editing and adding more to it as time goes on. :)

Lot of good feedback from the OP if EA/BW cares to listen.

Also not liking the faction merge they seem to be pushing. The whole idea of light side vs. dark side is bascially gone and that is contrary to everything Star Wars is about. Everybody getting funnelled into one big story that is repetitive after you've gone through it a couple of times and forcing a bunch of new, bland, and uncustomizable companions on you is boring. Cartel casino is a scam. One of the worst cash shops in gaming. The game feels like it's being run by accountants now that don't like Star Wars and don't ever play their own game. Big reason why I didn't resub.

Great list so far Sarfux.

My only suggestion is to the PvP section...

Balance in PvP has GOT to be a priority. The same 3 classes absolutely DOMINATE the leaderboards season after season...even Bioware's metrics should flag that as a problem. Defensive boosts, that have little impact on PvE, are what is needed for the under-performing classes. Without better balance, PvP absolutely looses its fun.

Great list so far Sarfux.

My only suggestion is to the PvP section...

Balance in PvP has GOT to be a priority. The same 3 classes absolutely DOMINATE the leaderboards season after season...even Bioware's metrics should flag that as a problem. Defensive boosts, that have little impact on PvE, are what is needed for the under-performing classes. Without better balance, PvP absolutely looses its fun.

THANK YOU for suggesting that fixes focus on things that aren't to the detriment of PvE.

I'm not sure how one can cry out for a "return" to Good vs Evil, Right vs Wrong, etc as a matter of faction... when this game has always had a huge grey area. The Republic government and leadership is consistently shown as riddled with secret projects, greed, dirty deeds, corruption, etc. Both chancellors are deeply flawed, it seems like half the Jedi are cracked, and so on.

Indeed, Saresh would fit right in with Darth Baras and Darth Jadus. Shes killed more people to polish her ego then any of my sith ever did.

To those who think the republic and empire don't exist or are no longer fighting Each other Iwould urge you to replay the gravestone chapter and don't space bar through the conversation with Lana while you are procuring fresh water.

One small quote is nothing compared to vanilla where it was about war raging across both factions enveloping the galaxy and there war. The least they could of done was a cut scene, or at least a heavy emphasize about how petty the rivalry between these 2 factions are... but nope... just a shoe horned quote that MAY turn up if you specifically ask about it.

One small quote is nothing compared to vanilla where it was about war raging across both factions enveloping the galaxy and there war. The least they could of done was a cut scene, or at least a heavy emphasize about how petty the rivalry between these 2 factions are... but nope... just a shoe horned quote that MAY turn up if you specifically ask about it.

It's still there, and shows they are in fact still in existence and still fighting each other. So the notion that neither exists anymore remains false regardless of how it was presented to the player.

It's still there, and shows they are in fact still in existence and still fighting each other. So the notion that neither exists anymore remains false regardless of how it was presented to the player.

A single line of dialog doesn't compare to the entire planet of Odessan being multi-faction.