Using Tildes for Alphabet (names)

Blockk

Hi Guys - As above

Does anyone know how I can use tildes - that thing >>> ( ~ ) in a name on a standard Microsoft English Keyboard

I tried ALT and a specific number as listed in the spanish on english keyboards website but no go

Being wondering it for a while, but now I would like to use - Cheers

:)

I do not see a particular series of keystrokes associated with it, though you should be able to get it out of your Character Map.

(Windows 8: Win+W, search Apps for Character Map.)

(Windows 7: Open the start menu, search for Character Map.)

I don't recall how to get to it easily in previous versions of Windows.

I do not see a particular series of keystrokes associated with it, though you should be able to get it out of your Character Map.

(Windows 8: Win+W, search Apps for Character Map.)

(Windows 7: Open the start menu, search for Character Map.)

I don't recall how to get to it easily in previous versions of Windows.

Your onto it mate

found ... and done

thanks heaps - appreciate it

The key (pun slightly intended) to entering the codes for these special characters is to hold down the Alt key and then type the numbers on the numpad, not the "normal" keyboard number keys.

I have a .pdf of various alt codes that I downloaded from ... somewhere. To get the Ñ character, hold down the Alt key and type 165 on the numpad. To get the ñ character, use Alt 164. And so on. You can find numerous references by googling "ASCII character codes" or something similar.

You can also get the codes directly from your own Character Map app. Mouseover text shows it.

Names with these characters annoy the hell out of me, for what it's worth. I am good at typing but I don't want to have to access character map in order to type your name.

Given how hard it can be to find a character name you want that isn't taken, I think this is great. Sure, it does have issues when someone is typing it out, but there's generally not much reason to type a person's name out in the game, so it's a bit of a moot point.