targeting in pvp - sorcerer

bloodelfdude

I'm interested in pvp, my sorcer is lv 50. It seems that targeting to get dots up is important. I typicaly do 90-150K dmg is a WZ, I know plenty of people do 2X that.

What is the best way to target, is it to actualy click on the enemy? I usualy try and tab through, but with tab being a pinky finger hit, I've been known to break my own CC by not getting a secure hit, or cycle through targets I've already dotted up...

Any advice appiciated.

I'm interested in pvp, my sorcer is lv 50. It seems that targeting to get dots up is important. I typicaly do 90-150K dmg is a WZ, I know plenty of people do 2X that.

What is the best way to target, is it to actualy click on the enemy? I usualy try and tab through, but with tab being a pinky finger hit, I've been known to break my own CC by not getting a secure hit, or cycle through targets I've already dotted up...

Any advice appiciated.

For PvP, you should never be clicking with the mouse for targetting, unless (a) the target is alone with no other clickables around them, and (b) not moving, and © you have nothing better to do for 4-5 seconds.

In most PvP matches I have seen/been a part of, the first one might happen, the other 2 will probably not.

Either bind the targetting to your mouse wheel or an available mouse button other than the main two, so that you can cycle easily through the targets, or find a key that you can be sure you will hit cleanly when you need to, and that you can be sure you will not hit accidentally.

But more cogent advice would be had in the PvP forums :)

I was going to put select next friendly on forward mouse scroll, and select next enemy on reverse, but that would lose my zoom.

At lunch today I picked up a razor mouse with the 12 keys for the mouse thumb to hit on the side, I'll try that. I would like to just run it on "num lock keys = mouse thumb keys" then just assign one tool bar to numb locks (i.e. right tool bar), to keep layout simple.

Is that a good plan, or is there a more efficient way to do it? I hope I can get a feel for this mouse and use it, the right thumb buttons don't seem easy to discern without looking, I'm hoping it gets natural (the young guy at bestbuy assured me it would).

Also, for Huttball, I assume you have to spend the time clicking on the ball carier if it's a crowded area, right?