Disapointed

Bryanseven

Well, it's been a while now and no fixes for the resolve sytem are in sight...hate to say it but I guess all the crowd control is here to stay.

I wanted to like this games pvp but I just don't. It's too stilted and broken up by periods of being stunned and focussed and then waiting for the door to open.

It took playing a game with decent pvp mechanics (mechwarrior online) to see just how badly implemented this one's system is...Yes yes I understand it's a giant robot game but a good pvp sytem is a good pvp system.

I foolishly bought the expansion pack in a fit of optimism so I will probably come back to see if they have fired everyone on the pvp team and gotten some peeps with sense...but I'm not holding my breath.

It boggles my mind that they released 1.7 without any balance passes...really incomprehensible.

I also cannot believe that the "reinvisioned" Ilum is a small team version of outlaws den that rewards a recolored operative armor set that looks like a blatant rip off of Tron.

I had to come to grips with the fact that if it wasn't for the Star wars Intellectual property...I would have played this game for long enough to see the story and then uninstalled it before I had to pay a subscription.

Instead, the inner star wars fan boy caused me to buy a collectors edition, sub for a year and tell myself, "They're going to fix it soon...I just know it. It's bioware for christ sake..they rock, surely this won't take long to straighten out."

I Guess the Doctors leaving and then Daniel erickson was just too big a hit for even as prestigious and storied a company as Bioware.

Trust me, major changes are coming with the expansion and I don't know why anyone would be expecting changes in a small patch such as 1.7 which for the most part was mainly to introduce a recurring event on Ilum. It would make no sense to have balance changes in the last patch only to re balance them with the expansion since it appears that just about every skill tree is going to have changes made due to an extra 5 skill points that will come with said expansion.

And what do you propose to do us, disappointed PvPers, during the remaining approximately 4-5 months before Makeb?

The situation in PvP has not changed since September 2012!

I see only 1 option: stop playing until something does not change.

Trust me, major changes are coming with the expansion and I don't know why anyone would be expecting changes in a small patch such as 1.7 which for the most part was mainly to introduce a recurring event on Ilum. It would make no sense to have balance changes in the last patch only to re balance them with the expansion since it appears that just about every skill tree is going to have changes made due to an extra 5 skill points that will come with said expansion.

Why would we trust you? How do you know? Why don't you tell us some details?

beause it's the 3rd patch since they broke the resolve system with the sweeping changes in 1.4. THIRD PATCH. yes. I would expect them to reduce the time it takes to fill resolve or make bubble stun only apply to caster or prevent it from being popped by the wearer. yes. that's not a grand expectation. three freaking patches! and it will be at least 4 now.

beause it's the 3rd patch since they broke the resolve system with the sweeping changes in 1.4. THIRD PATCH. yes. I would expect them to reduce the time it takes to fill resolve or make bubble stun only apply to caster or prevent it from being popped by the wearer. yes. that's not a grand expectation. three freaking patches! and it will be at least 4 now.

But resolve is not broken.

Trust me, major changes are coming with the expansion and I don't know why anyone would be expecting changes in a small patch such as 1.7

cycao may be an Imp, but he's 100% right about this. I'll admit...I "hoped" for changes in 1.7...but I expected none. Makeb has such massively sweeping changes (+5 levels and trees all change) that it would have made little sense for the Devs to even touch what they have now.

Resolve is working as intended. You wanting it to work a different way is what is broken.

Yes...I'm sure it is not bugged. It just sucks as a mechanic, and you're right that is my problem. Apparently lots of people like spamming crowd control... and being affected by spammed crowd control..I'm just not one of them.

Meh...It is what it is, which is a lackluster pvp experience, I used to get mad about it and make suggestions, now I have come to accept that it will not change and so don't stress about it anymore. Like I said , I'll stop back by when Makeb is released and look at all the changes (which I predict will be borked due to lack of adequate testing by the playerbase, seriously what the hell is so hard about character copy?) and then post something in the server forums saying goodbye and you can have my stuff.

Meh...I would argue that any system as misunderstood as Resolve is, can be classified as broken. It works how the Devs want it to work...but it's a system that is profoundly questionable.

Its not broken as in, resolve fills up per stun accordingly and you cannot get stunned while white bared. The change was beyond idiotic and was made mainly for the players who did not understand resolve and probably still don't.

But resolve is not broken.

To bubble stun and other cc's it is, Bioware version of cc isn't in the resolve system (LIKE IT SHOULD BE), therefore players feel that this game is stun wars and is walking in slow motion 85% of the time due to resolve.

When someone means broken they mean resolve is crap, and that is 100% true.

When someone post disappointed, it means they are sick of the game mechanics, which is natural if you play any other mmo and see how much better movement with cc is.

Granted this game is the bomb, but the core of resolve and the amount of crowd control in this game is baffling and unheard of.

Edited by Caeliux