The Harbinger to The Harbinger

The Harbinger to The Shadowlands

Jung Ma to The Bastion

Jedi Covenant to The Ebon Hawk

The Harbinger to Prophecy of the Five

The Ebon Hawk to Jedi Covenant

Jung Ma to Jedi Covenant

The Ebon Hawk to Begeren Colony

After the server focus thing and now this, wonder if those are signs that we will see soon a new server merger...

And the naming changes...

Let everyone change names & move where they want to now, that way when it happens you dont end up somewhere you dont want to be...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

And....I just did a server transfer on a character last night. :rolleyes: Shows in my ledger under today's date, but I was charged 90 coins, so I'm guessing I must have missed it by hours.

Server merges are coming. I was sure I had things all figured out too, but then they took away the RP designations and that threw my theory out. I was convinced they were going to merge only the low-pop PVP servers. All would go to the PVE server on the appropriate coast, and Jung Ma would get merged with Ebon Hawk. That was my running theory.

Now? It's looking more and more like the megaserver theory is the most likely, in spite of BW's hand-waving to imply otherwise. The last time we had server merges BW denied it up until the last minute, so expect that to happen this time too.

Edited by CloudCastle

Huh, interesting. Says certain server transfers are free, then gives a list:

Certain transfers are complimentary at this time:

Between the following servers:

The Ebon Hawk to The Ebon Hawk

Jedi Covenant to Jedi Covenant

The Harbinger to Jedi Covenant

The Harbinger to Begeren Colony

The Harbinger to The Ebon Hawk

Jedi Covenant to The Harbinger

The Ebon Hawk to The Harbinger

Jung Ma to Begeren Colony

Jedi Covenant to The Shadowlands

Jedi Covenant to Begeren Colony

The Harbinger to Jung Ma

Jedi Covenant to Prophecy of the Five

The Ebon Hawk to The Bastion

Jung Ma to Prophecy of the Five

Jedi Covenant to The Bastion

The Ebon Hawk to Jung Ma

Jedi Covenant to Jung Ma

The Ebon Hawk to Prophecy of the Five

The Harbinger to The Bastion

The Ebon Hawk to The Shadowland

Jung Ma to The Ebon Hawk

Jung Ma to The Harbinger

Jung Ma to Jung Ma

Jung Ma to The Shadowlands

The Harbinger to The Harbinger

The Harbinger to The Shadowlands

Jung Ma to The Bastion

Jedi Covenant to The Ebon Hawk

The Harbinger to Prophecy of the Five

The Ebon Hawk to Jedi Covenant

Jung Ma to Jedi Covenant

The Ebon Hawk to Begeren Colony

Interesting .... I note POT5 to any server isn't an option there so it seems the goal is to try spread the population out a bit more ...

I find that an odd concept personally as opposed to just looking to merge the servers and be done with the dead servers, seems they have an interest in keeping the dead servers going even though the games population currently doesn't ideally sustain the amount of servers we have ( never hit heavy for example ).

I would say this is a good "omen" for the future if they think there is a chance of increasing game population to justify this which leads one to believe they've got big unannounced expansion/call it what you will on their sights ... I say this because the status quo just doesn't justify the concept of not closing the dead servers.

After the server focus thing and now this, wonder if those are signs that we will see soon a new server merger...

I would have thought this if an option was to move people from one of the most dead servers for free but from the list posted it isn't?

The list on the site is larger than the one listed here, so it appears to have been updated. I'm trying to work out patterns, but I'm having trouble finding any. There doesn't appear to be any servers that cannot be transferred to. If all servers are open to all transfers, then what purpose would a merge serve? I can't figure this out. :confused:

The list on the site is larger than the one listed here, so it appears to have been updated. I'm trying to work out patterns, but I'm having trouble finding any. There doesn't appear to be any servers that cannot be transferred to. If all servers are open to all transfers, then what purpose would a merge serve? I can't figure this out. :confused:

If I had to guess, it's a test to see if removing restrictions from servers helps the population disperse naturally without having to do something like a merge.

If it works, they'll probably make it permanent.

If I had to guess, it's a test to see if removing restrictions from servers helps the population disperse naturally without having to do something like a merge.

or is it to get people to move from low pop to high pop servers and not have to worry about SH, guild ships etc. The fewer of those they have to do when mergers come the better for them. Transfer now and you know what you are losing. Forced transfer is likely more needing to compensate for what is removed from your character(s)

With the added bonus of hopefully stopping people saying "I've been paying subs since day one, I demand a free name change."

Why are we left to draw our own conclusions from this?

The list now includes POT5 => other servers (and EU<=> EU servers) so maybe someone wasn't finished typing this stuff out earlier. It looks a lot like everything to everything is being allowed in the US at least.

The lists for our accounts are based on where you have characters ( thus I only have 8 options with only 1 server with characters on it and 8 servers I can transfer to in the US.

It seems either it is free transfer from-to any server in your region OR it's a bug.

Anyone have a char on all 8 US servers able to see if there are any missing combinations?

The lists for our accounts are based on where you have characters ( thus I only have 8 options with only 1 server with characters on it and 8 servers I can transfer to in the US.

It seems either it is free transfer from-to any server in your region OR it's a bug.

Anyone have a char on all 8 US servers able to see if there are any missing combinations?

I don't see any missing combos and while I see Beregen Colony (and many EU servers) in the list I don't happen to have any characters there. Edit: I see BC as a destination but not an origin - which makes sense since I don't have any characters on BC.

Edited by Savej

Why are we left to draw our own conclusions from this?

The list now includes POT5 => other servers (and EU<=> EU servers) so maybe someone wasn't finished typing this stuff out earlier. It looks a lot like everything to everything is being allowed in the US at least.

I'm rather curious myself why BW hasn't posted something about this.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get how this would be a sign of upcoming server mergers. It looks like they are encouraging people to spread out, not consolidate.

Mind you, if they are planning server mergers I would dearly like to know (names, sigh) but I don't understand how this would be a sign of it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get how this would be a sign of upcoming server mergers. It looks like they are encouraging people to spread out, not consolidate.

Mind you, if they are planning server mergers I would dearly like to know (names, sigh) but I don't understand how this would be a sign of it.

This is a simple case of people seeing what they expect/want to see I think.

This is a simple case of people seeing what they expect/want to see I think.

So you think EA would just give away free server transfers for no reason?

I have some prime beachfront property in Kansas to sell you...