Just to clarify, there's no way to obtain Sub rewards?

ArkhaanPremiare

Nico Okarr was a subscriber reward but was eventually made available to everyone. Maybe something like that will happen again. At least there's a precedent for it.

Why do people insist on repeating this myth? If you did not sub by the cutoff date you did not get Nico as a companion. The only change they made is being able to get him at level 1 instead of having to do KOTFE to get him. But if you subbed after August 10, 2015 you do not get Nico in any form, or at any point.

If people really and truly want rewards, whether good or bad or mediocre, just keep your sub going. It's not a hard concept, seriously. Use a credit card for automatic withdrawals. Buy 180 days at a time, use a calendar to remind you. Don't unsub cause 'oh well i'm not playing this month' just once you subscribe, even if you don't plan to play for a month or two, keep it going constantly. If you don't plan to ever come back ever, no matter what, fine unsub, but if you're going on vacation, someone died, you got a new kid, whatever and plan to come back, just keep it going.

If not, don't complain when you miss out on the actual good rewards they sometimes give out.

Why do people insist on repeating this myth? If you did not sub by the cutoff date you did not get Nico as a companion. The only change they made is being able to get him at level 1 instead of having to do KOTFE to get him. But if you subbed after August 10, 2015 you do not get Nico in any form, or at any point.

Why? There is a tiny grain of near-truth in it.

There was a date on which you had to be a subscriber to get him. For whatever reason(s), they decided to move this date, giving people a second chance. I don't recall whether it was done as "here's another go if you missed it" or "we've moved the date", but the latter would suck *HARD* if you planned your sub/resub scheduling to make the first date, then it got moved to *after* your drop-date, so I'm going to vote for "if you were subscribed on either of the dates" as the condition.

It isn't "given to everyone", but it isn't "here's the single sole immutable date and if you missed it you're stuffed" either.

The other explanation is that they genuinely don't know, or maybe that they are just trolling us.

If people really and truly want rewards, whether good or bad or mediocre, just keep your sub going. It's not a hard concept, seriously.

This. It's 44-50c/day, depending on your sub plan. Not exactly bank-breaking. You want the rewards, stay subbed.

Nico Okarr was a subscriber reward but was eventually made available to everyone. Maybe something like that will happen again. At least there's a precedent for it.

That is 100% false info.

I subbed again after Nico cut off date and I have not got Nico

(No this isn't a please give me Nico reply, I wasn't there on the date, therefore I did not earn Nico as a reward)

Edited by nanamaryjj

Incorrect. My friend was not a sub at the time he was a reward and has finished KOTFE and does not have Nico as a companion. I truly wish people would quit saying things like this as it gives wrong information.

If people really and truly want rewards, whether good or bad or mediocre, just keep your sub going. It's not a hard concept, seriously. Use a credit card for automatic withdrawals. Buy 180 days at a time, use a calendar to remind you. Don't unsub cause 'oh well i'm not playing this month' just once you subscribe, even if you don't plan to play for a month or two, keep it going constantly. If you don't plan to ever come back ever, no matter what, fine unsub, but if you're going on vacation, someone died, you got a new kid, whatever and plan to come back, just keep it going.

If not, don't complain when you miss out on the actual good rewards they sometimes give out.

This was my first sub. And your suggestion is horrible, it's bad enough paying them for a backwater MMO as it is, you think I'm about to give them money if I'm not even playing it? Lmao. I wanted the jetpack, but I'd never want it that bad.

Think of it this way - the subscriber rewards are there to ensure people stay subscribed. If you stay subscribed all the time, you get rewarded. If you just pick and choose a month here and there to play, you only get access to the game. It's supposed to be rewarding you for your loyalty. Look back at some of the rewards, and if that's the kind of stuff you would like, stay subscribed and join the Loyalty Scheme, and you too could earn gifts like them.

This was my first sub. And your suggestion is horrible, it's bad enough paying them for a backwater MMO as it is, you think I'm about to give them money if I'm not even playing it? Lmao. I wanted the jetpack, but I'd never want it that bad.
A perfectly reasonable, fiscally responsible approach: subscribe only when you intend to play the game. And, hence, no basis to get salty if you miss out on subscription rewards. As you note concerning the jetpack ... the swag wasn't worth the cost to you.

I'm not playing SWTOR now (and likely won't be until September). I keep my subscription active because (a) $15 is a pittance that I literally would not stop to pick up on the street, (b) they might (eventually) kick out some swag I like and I'd be salty if I missed it, and © it is well worth $15 to not have to worry about checking updates about when/what the next sub reward is and trying to actively manage my account.

I wouldnt mind them selling them for cc. if it would support more development of the game.

That's a myth. Money generated by this game absolutely does not go back into the development of it...this is an EA game - all revenue goes to EA who budgets what SWTOR will get.

That's a myth. Money generated by this game absolutely does not go back into the development of it...this is an EA game - all revenue goes to EA who budgets what SWTOR will get.

I always thought the money went into EA designing more money grabbing furniture packs in the sims 4!

:D:D:D:D:D

I always thought the money went into EA designing more money grabbing furniture packs in the sims 4!

:D:D:D:D:D

Actually, the lion's share of revenue goes towards conducting virtual concussion studies in Madden. The rest goes to the creative team responsible for SWTOR subscriber rewards (who, apparently, invest four minutes to agree on the next HK-themed item, then spend the rest of their budget on wings and beer).

Actually, the lion's share of revenue goes towards conducting virtual concussion studies in Madden. The rest goes to the creative team responsible for SWTOR subscriber rewards (who, apparently, invest four minutes to agree on the next HK-themed item, then spend the rest of their budget on wings and beer).

The shocking part is, that this seems perfectly plausible to me.

Not always the case, My sub went down for 2 days over a weekend because of a bank error, still screwed out of the end HK mission though.

true story.....oh the irony.....