Overall group gear lvl affecting other peoples drops?

So, weird question i know but i can't seem to find an answer for it on the 'ol Google.

Friend of mine keeps saying he's getting lower drops because of other people in the groups gear lvl not being high enough thus it affects his own gear that he gets from drops etc. when we are in Flashpoints.

Is this true? Does the whole group get lower gear drops if one person is lower in gear level than the rest?

Thought i'd ask since my friend keeps bringing it up and i for some reason want some closure on the matter.

Have a good one

The personal gear drops are 100% based on your own iRating.

I think the rare set bonus drops that the group rolls on is based on the groups rating, but I really haven't paid any attention to the rating of the gear. It's just 'do I want this set bonus or not'. Since almost all off the gear that drops is personal; group iRating really doesn't matter for gearing runs.

Your friend, like a lot of people, needs to realize that not every drop or reward you get will be useful. Most of them, even though they may be armor pieces, mods, etc, are just trash to be turned into tech frags, credits, etc. Edited by JediQuaker

So, weird question i know but i can't seem to find an answer for it on the 'ol Google.

Friend of mine keeps saying he's getting lower drops because of other people in the groups gear lvl not being high enough thus it affects his own gear that he gets from drops etc. when we are in Flashpoints.

Is this true? Does the whole group get lower gear drops if one person is lower in gear level than the rest?

Thought i'd ask since my friend keeps bringing it up and i for some reason want some closure on the matter.

Have a good one

As others have already said, personal drops are based only on your iRating. However if there is a set bonus piece that everyone gets to roll, that's usually about the same rating as the highest rating in the group.

We've geared a few guildies who just returned to game fast by running MM FPs, then let them have the last boss item (if it's a set bonus piece). They will equip it or use mods in it to boost their rating, and off we go for a next one. Their rating gets higher really fast, a lot faster than if they would solo everything.

As the others have said, the personal loot drops will be tailored to your item rating level.

However ...

If you get a set bonus item as the thing the group rolls on, it will be populated with item modifications based on the player with the lowest item rating in the group and their discipline, even if the set piece is not really intended for that role.

If you get a set bonus item as the thing the group rolls on, it will be populated with item modifications based on the player with the lowest item rating in the group and their discipline, even if the set piece is not really intended for that role.

I'm not sure if that statement is correct, from my experience in FPs and operations, the rolled loot gets stats according to the item rating of the person who wins the roll. We used that to help a returning friend to increase his item rating faster by rolling with our 306 characters in MM FPs while he passed on everything and afterwards traded him the 304 or 306 pieces, since you can still trade the rolled loot within the group same as before. Like that he was easily able to skip several item rating levels.

Keep also in mind that the different difficulty modes (at least of FPs and operations, don't know about chapters) earn different ranges of loot even with 306 personal item rating. Running solo or story FPs with 306 rating for example will still get you a lot of <300 rated loot, veteran only rarely 306 either. Same for operations, in SM you will most likely get a bunch of 302 or 304 pieces and only now and then 306, while in veteran/HC ops the chance for 306 is increased. So it's both the difficulty you run and your personal item rating that decides what you get. As far as I know, the group has no influence at all.

I'm not sure if that statement is correct, from my experience in FPs and operations, the rolled loot gets stats according to the item rating of the person who wins the roll. We used that to help a returning friend to increase his item rating faster by rolling with our 306 characters in MM FPs while he passed on everything and afterwards traded him the 304 or 306 pieces, since you can still trade the rolled loot within the group same as before. Like that he was easily able to skip several item rating levels.

Keep also in mind that the different difficulty modes (at least of FPs and operations, don't know about chapters) earn different ranges of loot even with 306 personal item rating. Running solo or story FPs with 306 rating for example will still get you a lot of <300 rated loot, veteran only rarely 306 either. Same for operations, in SM you will most likely get a bunch of 302 or 304 pieces and only now and then 306, while in veteran/HC ops the chance for 306 is increased. So it's both the difficulty you run and your personal item rating that decides what you get. As far as I know, the group has no influence at all.

Thats definitly not the case. Got 270 bracers in one Dreadpalace nim run and wonderd why. Turns out, one tank had no leftside. the loot drop was after tyrans... you do even see whats in the slots before you roll on it.

personal loot is determind by your own irating. the group loot by an average or something similar of the group.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats definitly not the case. Got 270 bracers in one Dreadpalace nim run and wonderd why. Turns out, one tank had no leftside.

Nice meme times.

I think you can usually see what's in the slots in the rolled loot before someone wins it and it's probably randomly based on one of the people in the group - seen both 270ish loot at the end of FP as well as 306 with mixed ilvl groups running it.