UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

omaan

I see many wintraders getting top or gold spots with like 10-40 wins only hoping that in the end developers will remove the 200 /100 win requirement for getting top 96 or gold rewards. If this requirement will be removed it means wintraders and bot users in team ranked WILL WIN and all your actions WERE FOR NOTHING.

win requirements MUST STAY in any case even if no one will be able to get 100 or 200 wins since giving rewards to one is better than giving it to cheaters and wintraders which team ranked is full of now.

First you need to fix team ranked so it becomes more legit (return back mats so all types of teams start playing it again, provide other incentives, monitor suspicious fights etc) and only after team ranked can provide any rewards

Edited by omaan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Group ranked is a dead game mode that requires coordination between teams to even function at all. Even the legit players have no reason to be rewarded for playing so few games, let alone the wintraders that you mention. Edited by JediMasterAlex

Everyone complains about group ranked being dead, yet no one attempts to make a team and queue. :rolleyes:

I don't complain about it. I just state facts. And it's not like you can make a team and just queue whenever you want. You have to actively coordinate with the other teams to queue at the same time. That's not how the system is supposed to work. No one should be getting rewards playing that way, so Stain is right, Bioware should definitely keep the win requirements in place. If Bioware actually wants group ranked to revive, they need to add some other kind of incentive for people to queue (preferably not mats, because then people can just farm matfarmers for rating again).

i might get bronze in group ranked with the current game requirements.

1500 bronze is gonna be pog

though group ranked really needs more players, it's fun even with how messy balance is right now.

It is dev's fault that team ranked turned into team wintrade. They shouldn't have listened to those few whiners who cried about mat farmers and queue dodgers. It is much better to have few queue dodgers, decent teams, top teams and mat farmers compared to what we have now - full wintrading and zero legit in team ranked which can't be even called "team ranked"

I mean if they were to remove this requirement I would be very very upset about the Devs, seriously. As I said before they should remove rewards from team ranked, due to easy exploitation. With these win requirements that will happen as people will not reach the needed wins and therefore get no rewards, which is fair and correct.

I mean if they were to remove this requirement I would be very very upset about the Devs, seriously. As I said before they should remove rewards from team ranked, due to easy exploitation. With these win requirements that will happen as people will not reach the needed wins and therefore get no rewards, which is fair and correct.

I created this thread for devs as a precosious warning since i started to notice that many well-known wintraders are geting top spots in team ranked with like 10-40 wins and i wonder why they are doing it if they know they won't be able to get 200 wins legit under tr current condition? What they trying to achieve with spending time on this? The only idea that comes is that wintraders are hoping that win requirement will be removed for team ranked

^

This dude got it!

He didn’t. A game mode that doesn’t pop on a regular basis without requiring heavy player coordination is dead. For player coordinated events or practice games there is the Challenge system.

^

This dude got it!

Yeah he didn't. It is a game and no one bothers to spend tonnes of time organising teams to queue for few matches otherwise the game will turn into work. Why do you think every active mmo game has an automated systems thanks to which players can do only one click and get into pvp/pve activity they want? Because games must provide fast activities, comfortable and easy mechanism of joining pvp fights or pve activities. The guy who comes tired from work/school/university definitely won't be happy to work again over organising two teams, look for 4 players and convincing them to queue at certain time etc. Players want to log in, invite their friends or randoms to their group and do only one click to engage into fight. They definitely won't do long negotiations with 4 other players and do organisation work so those 4 players will finally queue up when needed.

YET now if you just inv your friends to a group and queue team ranked you won't get any pops since team ranked is empty. Just empty lol due to wintraders just queueing against their friends during time no one will see them

Edited by omaan

He didn’t. A game mode that doesn’t pop on a regular basis without requiring heavy player coordination is dead. For player coordinated events or practice games there is the Challenge system.

Exactly.

Yeah he didn't. It is a game and no one bothers to spend tonnes of time organising teams to queue for few matches otherwise the game will turn into work. Why do you think every active mmo game has an automated systems thanks to which players can do only one click and get into pvp/pve activity they want? Because games must provide fast activities, comfortable and easy mechanism of joining pvp fights or pve activities. The guy who comes tired from work/school/university definitely won't be happy to work again over organising two teams, look for 4 players and convincing them to queue at certain time etc. Players want to log in, invite their friends or randoms to their group and do only one click to engage into fight. They definitely won't do long negotiations with 4 other players and do organisation work so those 4 players will finally queue up when needed.

YET now if you just inv your friends to a group and queue team ranked you won't get any pops since team ranked is empty. Just empty lol due to wintraders just queueing against their friends during time no one will see them

It pains me but I have to say it: Stain is right on the money here.

While it would help and be very appreciated if BW did something to add incentive to queue, don't kid yourself that that is the only issue. There have been incentives to q in the past, but group ranked has always had a population problem going back to ranked 8v8. People don't q because of:

• Ego. People cannot handle losing and accepting themselves as part of the problem.
  • People cannot find others to play with and form a team, especially tanks and healers
  • People are not willing to grind losses to better teams in order to get better, whcih leads to
  • Q dodging better teams which has a circular effect
  • People care about rating, and don't want to lose it
  • Infighting amongst teammates

It is not that hard to message someone and ask for group ranked right now. If you have a team on SF, for example, all it takes is a couple minutes or less out of your day to shoot me a DM and say you are gonna be in q at x time, and then there will be games. There is also a decent chance right now that if you q at prime time on SF that you will get pops, especially if you type in fleet chat that you are qing. In the past couple weeks there have been multiple teams in q every day, including at some times where solo ranked wasn't even popping. You can also check to see if anyone is streaming 4s on twitch. None of this takes very long at all or is "like a job".

People's "we don't q because we think no one else is in q" position is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course no one will be Q'd if everyone has that stance. I have seen so many people say this. If instead of saying that they all qd on a regular basis Group Ranked would not be nearly as dead.

Edited by soo-low

It is not that hard to message someone and ask for group ranked right now. If you have a team on SF, for example, all it takes is a couple minutes or less out of your day to shoot me a DM and say you are gonna be in q at x time, and then there will be games. There is also a decent chance right now that if you q at prime time on SF that you will get pops, especially if you type in fleet chat that you are qing. In the past couple weeks there have been multiple teams in q every day, including at some times where solo ranked wasn't even popping. You can also check to see if anyone is streaming 4s on twitch. None of this takes very long at all or is "like a job".

You're underselling how dead group ranked is. There are 19 characters with 10 or more wins on Star Forge, and a bunch of those are the same people. Last season there were 93 characters with 10 or more wins on Star Forge by the end of the season (and that was already, rightfully, considered dead). The recent uptick in activity is nice, but what about the previous two months where group ranked probably popped a dozen times total? Is this recent activity built to last? All it would take is 3 or 4 people to take a break from it and it's over. Someone could take the time to put a team together and practice, and by the time they're ready to queue there could be no more pops at all.

You shouldn't be putting the responsibility on the players. Like Stain said, most of us just play this game to have fun, and we play ranked for good competition. A literal handful of teams coordinating to play each other over and over again shouldn't even be called "ranked" anymore, and it doesn't sound fun at all. If people complain about elo not working properly in solos with hundreds (perhaps thousands, hard to say) of people playing it, how can group ranked even be a thing with about a dozen people playing it?

So in response to the idea of "stop complaining and queue," I say: I'm not complaining, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'm just stating facts. It's not my responsibility, nor my desire to waste time and effort participating in a dead game mode, and many other solo ranked players clearly feel the same. The other factors you listed may have explained a general lack of more participation back when the group ranked scene was relatively active, but now you don't even have to reach that far to find the most obvious answer.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

While it would help and be very appreciated if BW did something to add incentive to queue, don't kid yourself that that is the only issue. There have been incentives to q in the past, but group ranked has always had a population problem going back to ranked 8v8. People don't q because of:

• Ego. People cannot handle losing and accepting themselves as part of the problem.
  • People cannot find others to play with and form a team, especially tanks and healers
  • People are not willing to grind losses to better teams in order to get better, whcih leads to
  • Q dodging better teams which has a circular effect
  • People care about rating, and don't want to lose it
  • Infighting amongst teammates

People's "we don't q because we think no one else is in q" position is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course no one will be Q'd if everyone has that stance. I have seen so many people say this. If instead of saying that they all qd on a regular basis Group Ranked would not be nearly as dead.

Checking the leaderboards i don't see many players on SF server with many wins and rating so i highly doubt everything is so easy as you say. I can tell you about seasons 9-10 on DM server: you could queue tr during every time you wanted,i had 2-3 characters with 100 or 200 wins and 1500-1800 ratings and 4 characters with like 1300 rating and 30 wins. There were many teams, many pops, many mat farmers, few queue dodgers, many decent teams and few very skilled teams. Tr was alive, i haven't seen wintraders during that time and those wintraders i knew were doing their dirty deeds in solo ranked because they knew that those teams who play legit will just outrate them with time considering how active tr was.

AND WHAT we have now? I tried to call players into tr as you explain but no one ever has joined the call. No one cares because: 1. There is no proper incentives to play tr; 2. Getting 50 or 100 wins for gold or silver would be unreal considering tr state now and playing like 5-30 games makes no sense.3. Flashpoints and solo ranked provides much more gear/mats and faster/guaranteed pops for opportunity to receive silver or gold ranked tiers.

Because of this, Every my attempt to call/ask people to queue tr failed and i haven't had even a single match for now. Instead, i see player names on leaderboards and most top spots in tr are taken by one person - famous DM wintrader who has around 10-30 wins on every character. If counting, this person already has 6 top 96 characters with little wins and this is the same person who is well-known for selling accounts with good rewards for real money.

Edited by omaan

Removing the 200/100 wins needed and moving to a much lower requirement would be the best way for devs to bring people back to team ranked and also to prevent people from getting tops with only 30 games. (as a striking exemple ppl who get top3 with 12 wins last season in team ranked....) Maybe devs should plan to make tops at 50w (and not more because actually 50w are rly rly rly hard to reach) and gold 30w or something like that

and btw i totally agree with snave. Because Stain kiretanna and jeezee are legit the only ones ruining the solo ranked right now and you're there now screaming wintrade everywhere???

Last thing, every time we had team ranked, involving the people you're talking about (the ones who have 40+ games), the games were all streamed. Thanks to twitch we even had days with 4 or even 5 teams where we could play for more than 6 hours all day long. Feel free to come as well :D. And btw, we are still waiting for the Stain team in tr ;) It's not like we dodged you all day long and only queue up when you're not there anymore ;) ;) ;)

Removing the 200/100 wins needed and moving to a much lower requirement would be the best way for devs to bring people back to team ranked and also to prevent people from getting tops with only 30 games. (as a striking exemple ppl who get top3 with 12 wins last season in team ranked....) Maybe devs should plan to make tops at 50w (and not more because actually 50w are rly rly rly hard to reach) and gold 30w or something like that

and btw i totally agree with snave. Because Stain kiretanna and jeezee are legit the only ones ruining the solo ranked right now and you're there now screaming wintrade everywhere???

Last thing, every time we had team ranked, involving the people you're talking about (the ones who have 40+ games), the games were all streamed. Thanks to twitch we even had days with 4 or even 5 teams where we could play for more than 6 hours all day long. Feel free to come as well :D. And btw, we are still waiting for the Stain team in tr ;) It's not like we dodged you all day long and only queue up when you're not there anymore ;) ;) ;)

Checking your forum statistics i see you wrote only few posts during all your history and created only 3 threads on french language in which your "top" friend sorcerer answered too (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=963709). Thats a very poor attempt to defend team ranked wintraders to be honest since those who currently took all top spots in team ranked are few french wintraders who queued against each other and made easy wins.

There is no way this can be called legit. Without team ranked being alive there is literally no competition but only few wintraders just queueing against each other and geting easy top spots.

Edited by omaan

Disagree. I don't have time to play enough games to get 100 wins on every class anymore. Last season, 13/14 of my golds had 60 to 80 wins. If you're good enough to hit the elo threshold after only 20 wins, you shouldn't be penalized.

LOL becuase of players like you I am glad these changes are there. Imagine you get top3 for getting 15 wins in team ranked compared to a person who gets a top3 in solo ranked after 500 matches......

LOL becuase of players like you I am glad these changes are there. Imagine you get top3 for getting 15 wins in team ranked compared to a person who gets a top3 in solo ranked after 500 matches......

he is just one of that french wintrade crew so of course he will ask devs to remove win requirement so they all could get top rewards for like 10-40 easy wins against their own friends who just did nothing :confused:

he is just one of that french wintrade crew so of course he will ask devs to remove win requirement so they all could get top rewards for like 10-40 easy wins against their own friends who just did nothing :confused:

Why do french cheat so much in these days?? :D