confusion around accessing new content

christophedge

so i logged in today and wasnt able to find the new content on the ship.. there was one priority mission but its from the level 55 area that i obviously skipped over at some point

so i try rolling a brand new level 70 bc im an alt alholic and all my other toons are a mess.. rolling a fresh 70 puts you right at the start of jedi under siege and that on its face really isnt a problem.. the problem im having is now going back to my main i have no clear understanding of if i've done all the stuff i needed to.. i thought i had because i have 'priority contact missions' but is there something else im missing here..it took me like an hour to understand the content i was doing was like old old stuff and i just dont want to waste any more time.. it was also a bummer for me as someone who hasnt been playing regularly to find that the next level of crafting is 500k each.. which again isnt a capital p problem.. but i feel like none of it was messaged or if it was.. i missed it and honestly this post is more me being disapointed in myself for not being ready

You have to be all caught up in the story in order to get the first mission of Onslaught.

From the patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

• New Storyline - The armies of the Galactic Republic rally to fend off the overwhelming forces of the Sith Empire as conflict reignites. Both sides are desperate to achieve victory. How far will you go to change the fate of the galaxy? If you were already caught up on the story, you should see the Mission "Preparing the Way" in your Mission Log. If you aren't caught up, you will need to head to Ossus and begin with Jedi Under Siege.
  • Players who have completed the Mission “Hearts and Minds” will find the first Mission of Onslaught in their Mission Log.

You can skip directly to Ossus by accepting the mission from the mission terminal on your ship, but doing so will autocomplete any prior story content you have not completed. The mission "Hearts and Minds" is only available after you have completed Jedi Under Siege (Ossus).

Edited by ceryxp