Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Ok for all those people whining and crying about server transfers.....if you are not happy with how this is going...hit the my account button and unsub till you get what your looking for....if BW see that people are unsubbing then they may act upon it.

Otherwise i suggest you quit the crying whining and wait for your server to come up

This^ is what has put this game in the state it's currently in

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize Bioware, for giving my opinion on transfers and will re-frame from using such adjectives in the Future. But I stand by my statement . All I was saying was i wanted to keep the great community in my server and not have it corrupted.

I am currently on Scepter of Ragnos and there hasn't been a BG up for weeks.

I have 7 days of game time left and I am hoping I can move my toons before then, but are Bioware going to be giving out some free game time to get people back into the game ? Because honestly I can't see myself paying out another month just to test if the game is better with more players, feels like beta testing all over again.

I know 4 of my friends quit because of low pop and myself included cancelled my account a couple of months back.

The only reason my account is still active is because of the 30 days of free game time which was on my account for having a lvl 50 and rolling subscription previously.

Some of you need to just chill,they have said they will open up more as they monitor the transfer progress,they know you have waited for this day so just take it easy,lot of us are in the same boat .

:)

Honestly what you state really only get more angry. You're correct they new it was comming they knew we wanted it they know we need it...and yet...and yet, wow they do the exact same thing that royally ticked off 98% of the customer base at final launce.

I don't think that's very bright of them.

Lol click your account top right of the page, and then go into Transfers.. you'll see 6-8 have been added.

Sadly not arkanian legacy as of yet.

it has been at 18 for over 3 hours now....

I haven't read the 13 pages and I doubt anyone working for Bioware is doing any replying but I would really like to know why Fa'athra is on the list. The server is healthy. It cannot claim many of the things that The Harbinger and others can, but it's just fine. PvP queues don't stop until after 10PM PST on any day and my girlfriend and other guildmates were able to go almost to server shut down last night. And that's just for PvP queues. There are at least two guilds (and about to be a third this week) running around in Campaign gear, and that's after Diablo.

What the server being on the list will do is create a dropping queue. Even if, initially, everyone in the guild sticks around (and it seems like that's the case), eventually, with the fact that the transfers are not going to end for a long time, the PvP queues will start to dwindle. The people who liked doing it more than anything else on their 50s and the others who would use it to fill their time between operations will start to get bored and start talking, and eventually a problem that wasn't there is now there because a healthy server was put on the transfer list.

Add to that all the people complaining (which is not a bad word, by the way) about their VERY low population servers being left off, and I can't see choosing Fa'athra as anything other than yet another bad decision.

Lol click your account top right of the page, and then go into Transfers.. you'll see 6-8 have been added.

Sadly not arkanian legacy as of yet.

I'm still seeing the same 18 servers (9/9) since the last update (and I've been refreshing every 10-15 mins).

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

if thats the same regularly as the promise on the CE store vendor dont hold your breath

Bioware you are killing this game. Communicate with the community, listen to the community, quit being secretive trying to save yourself the embarrassment of being wrong. You are so concerned with looking bad that you're killing the game, and it's stupid. This game is a great game, great. But you as the dev's are killing it by being egotistical and vain.

its been the same 18 for 3 hours now what are you talking about?

Hopefully they planned on doing this for the entire day, but since primetime is upon NA, I think we have seen what we are going to see today. Maybe one more "wave"....

Hopefully they planned on doing this for the entire day, but since primetime is upon NA, I think we have seen what we are going to see today. Maybe one more "wave"....

at that rate its going to take longer than a week I imagine

Some updates and logistical info shared by the dev team or mods would be helpful though I dont imagine it will be forthcoming

At the moment that isn't the point of any of this, the point is to get the populations much higher and consolidate us all, THEN I suspect they'll be giving out the info about less limited transfers.

That may be. However, it still does not help the people that do not want to go to the most populated servers and sit in queues. Do those people now suck it up and play alone until forced to move? No, I suspect that those people will quit instead of wait for "soon". I thought the ultimate point of this was to retain subscribers. By giving people no choice in some cases, and giving others a head start in other cases, it will serve to alienate a portion of the dwindling played base.

All I'm saying is that Bioware needs to stop making decisions for us and let US choose where to go. They did it with Pre Order guilds, now they are doing it with transfers. Not everyone applauds when choice is taken away.

Will those of us who are American who ended up on a Euro server with the rest of our guild ever be able to transfer our Euro characters/legacy over to a US server? Hope of this is about the only thing that keeps my sub going. Everyone left the Euro server. I want to play on the US server now for better ping but I have a full account of characters some at war hero level so just starting over is not an option. I'd rather cancel my account and find something different to play than start over.

at that rate its going to take longer than a week I imagine

Some updates and logistical info shared by the dev team or mods would be helpful though I dont imagine it will be forthcoming

Yeah if you look at 8 per day for NA and you are moving them to the top 20 server that will take over 2 weeks at this pace.