Update 2.6 and still no Flight Controller Support...

DarthKurt

No. Too busy having fun.

This. Even though I really really want stick support I'm enjoy it enough that I'll make due without it for now.

In any event I think the big thing is all the balancing they did with this patch. There were plenty of balance issues and IMO it's good that they put their focus on tackling those before adding stick support.

really? have you even played GSF? If you have then you should know by now that it would literally make no sense with a flight stick. It just would not work. The keyboard and mouse controls are perfectly fine and are very very precise. Stop making worthless threads in a forum of worthless threads.

really? have you even played GSF? If you have then you should know by now that it would literally make no sense with a flight stick. It just would not work. The keyboard and mouse controls are perfectly fine and are very very precise. Stop making worthless threads in a forum of worthless threads.

Really? have you ever played any other flight game that has mouse and joystick support? (aka almost all of them) If you have youd know why what youre saying is wrong.

Edited by Mallorik

Arguably all they'd have to do is add an option to lock crosshairs to center and stick support would work perfectly fine. Secret Weapons Over Normandy had the same little lead indicator stuff and it was not difficult at all to get your crosshairs lined up right using a stick. IMO the option to lock crosshair to center would be beneficial to the mouse/keyboard controls we already have by giving much greater precision to flying than we have now.

If done right stick support can work perfectly well for GSF.

Really? have you ever played any other flight game that has mouse and joystick support? (aka almost all of them) If you have youd know why what youre saying is wrong.

i have and i happen to agree with him... even though Flight Sims are great with Stick support, Shooters don't require it and actually feel counter-intuitive...

i have and i happen to agree with him... even though Flight Sims are great with Stick support, Shooters don't require it and actually feel counter-intuitive...

If you have then you would know floating reticle for mouse and locked reticle for joystick = fixed. Really don't understand how there is anyone who claims to play flight games that does not get that.

GSf is part of a MMO, they are not going to add support for a flight stick that is in no way useful for the rest of the game. GSF to be played with the same controls you use in th ground game.

Now do you use a flight stick to play MMOs?

not talking about the reticle, i'm talking about control & handling... i pull back on a stick i go up, natural... i point up with a mouse i go up, natural... in cockpit control using a stick, natural... 3rd person external using a mouse, natural...

what i'm saying is using a 1st person controller for a 3rd person game feels really awkward... the Roberts' knew this while making Starlancer right after Wing Commander...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Good day! Update Starfighter again leaves no choice for the player, but I did not want to play detmatch. I do not like this. Therefore, leaving very Starfighter. Two years ago I stopped going to warzone because there was no choice match at will. Now, did the same with the Starfighter. Each patch is only spoils the game. I do not like patches.

Update 2.6 and still no Flight Controller Support...

EPIC FAIL

Boycott GSF !!!

Requesting flight controller support is a perfectly valid request. However if you sit there and rage most people won't take you seriously. I don't think locking reticule to center would be the only thing needed to create a good experience for joystick users. Not being able to target off center would give them a disadvantage the way the game currently is.

not talking about the reticle, i'm talking about control & handling... i pull back on a stick i go up, natural... i point up with a mouse i go up, natural... in cockpit control using a stick, natural... 3rd person external using a mouse, natural...

what i'm saying is using a 1st person controller for a 3rd person game feels really awkward... the Roberts' knew this while making Starlancer right after Wing Commander...

I play many flight games with a stick in 3rd person, warthunder, world of war planes and Hereos in the sky. Even if I give in and say youre right, *** don't they have a first person view?

Edited by Mallorik

Requesting flight controller support is a perfectly valid request. However if you sit there and rage most people won't take you seriously. I don't think locking reticule to center would be the only thing needed to create a good experience for joystick users. Not being able to target off center would give them a disadvantage the way the game currently is.

The reason Firing arc penalties exist in this game is because you can fire off center with a mouse, its stupid easy to just chase someone with your cursor and click fire, a locked reticle wouldn't have those penalties because it is harder to get a ship under your reticle and keep it there, that's part of the fun, rolling and using pitch and yaw to keep your reticle on the target, you know, like you do in a flight game....

GSf is part of a MMO, they are not going to add support for a flight stick that is in no way useful for the rest of the game. GSF to be played with the same controls you use in th ground game.

Now do you use a flight stick to play MMOs?

If a group of people wanted joystick support for the ground game I would think it was stupid and I wouldn't use it, if that group of people were really dedicated to the ground game and probably wouldn't play it if it didn't have joystick control I would support them 100%.

LOL but under no circumstances would I spend any effort railing against them in their threads, much less post over and over in their threads ignorantly claiming to know why I don't think they should be able to use the type of controller they want to use.

Bioware will never incorporate joysticks into GS. Don't like it? Then either get used to trying something new, or just stick to ground pvp. They aren't going to make it so that everyone has to buy a joystick to play GS. If they did, I'd be mad. I think a majoirty of peopl think GS is just fine, its just that people who take issue with GS seem to have lots of time on their hands to start threads complaining that GS isn't up to their standards and that bioware didn't make a flight simulator. GS is something different. It is fun, and its supposed to be used with a mouse, just like ground pvp. Everyone is on the same level of playing field when everyone has to use a mouse to fly their ship. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

At first i was one of the people calling for joystick for a good reason but now i have changed my setup i am very happy with it.

My issue was that bioware had decided since everyone has a mouse mouse controls were best. Unfortunately that was faulty logic. Laptop users do not always have a mouse, just a track pad like i did, track pads did not work well i had some major issues using that and was frankly unable to play properly. Once i boosted i found myself unable to move the target circle with the pad and had to stop an start a lot to turn since while boosting i was restricted to flying in a straight line.

I tried rigging up my joystick with luck, so i basically had two controllers that did not work for it. The first couple of weeks sucked and put me off.

Luckily a sale came on at my local pc shop. I bought the Logitech g600 gaming mouse at 50% off retail price, and since then the game play has been brilliant, got everything i need mapped to the 18 programmable buttons (don't use the two programmable mouse wheel scrolls). If i ever need more i can use the g-shift function to map an additional 18 commands to it.

The game play is very smooth and it only requires one hand to play. I would highly recommend switching to a programmable gaming mouse if it is affordable to you, it is way better than the mouse keyboard combo and in my experience would be better than a joystick.

Edited by Rusah

Bioware will never incorporate joysticks into GS. Don't like it? Then either get used to trying something new, or just stick to ground pvp. They aren't going to make it so that everyone has to buy a joystick to play GS. If they did, I'd be mad. I think a majoirty of peopl think GS is just fine, its just that people who take issue with GS seem to have lots of time on their hands to start threads complaining that GS isn't up to their standards and that bioware didn't make a flight simulator. GS is something different. It is fun, and its supposed to be used with a mouse, just like ground pvp. Everyone is on the same level of playing field when everyone has to use a mouse to fly their ship. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

Why would adding joystick support force anyone to buy a joystick? and way to go with the if you don't like it leave attitude, have fun in couple of weeks when youre back to half hour que times.

Again half the anti joystick crowd doesn't want them because they are too good and the other half doesn't want them because they aren't as good and Youre both wrong.

The game play is very smooth and it only requires one hand to play. I would highly recommend switching to a programmable gaming mouse if it is affordable to you, it is way better than the mouse keyboard combo and in my experience would be better than a joystick.

I use a g-600 and no it is nothing like a joystick.

Why would adding joystick support force anyone to buy a joystick? and way to go with the if you don't like it leave attitude, have fun in couple of weeks when youre back to half hour que times.

Que times is I think is a big reason why we should get stick support. People have already expressed on the forums that they either didn't even try it or tried it and stopped playing because of no stick support. So in theory adding stick support would decrease que times and everyone wins.

The reason Firing arc penalties exist in this game is because you can fire off center with a mouse, its stupid easy to just chase someone with your cursor and click fire, a locked reticle wouldn't have those penalties because it is harder to get a ship under your reticle and keep it there, that's part of the fun, rolling and using pitch and yaw to keep your reticle on the target, you know, like you do in a flight game....

So are you advocating that the system be changed so all control methods use a fixed targeting reticule? If you are then you are asking for a lot more than just flight controller support. If not then I stand by my argument that fixed reticule players would be at a disadvantage because it would be harder for them to line up a target compared to a mouse and keyboard player.

So are you advocating that the system be changed so all control methods use a fixed targeting reticule? If you are then you are asking for a lot more than just flight controller support. If not then I stand by my argument that fixed reticule players would be at a disadvantage because it would be harder for them to line up a target compared to a mouse and keyboard player.

NO I never said that, in fact I have said dozens of times that most games that have mouse and joystick control (aka ALL OF THE CURRENT FLIGHT GAMES) switch when you switch from mouse to js or vice versa.

And why do you care if you think it would be harder for me to play with a joystick?

Edited by Mallorik

I don't. I do think that if/when the devs implement it they will try to make it a balanced experience. It isn't going to be some weekend thing to implement it. It will take some time to make it a good experience. People need to be patient You can't always get what you want when you want it.