How do I make money with Cybertech?

Majestic_Jazz

Once I craft these mods/armoring how can I make a profit with them? Should I sell them on the GTN or should I just sell them to NPC vendors?

If I sale them on the GTN, how should I price them? Should I just go with the default price or should I raise the price a bit or lower the price a bit? Furthermore, which GTN should I sell them on because I hear that there are 3 types of GTNs, one on Coruscant, one on Nar Shaddar(sp?) That both Empire/Republic an buy on and one on your Capital Ship.

Thanks

:)

Well I think if you research the item in the GTN to find out how much it is being sold for then you can price it accordingly. If you want to make a profit then sell it for more than it cost you to get the items to craft what you are selling.

But most of the items I get to craft comes from scavenging, which cost me nothing as I am doing it in the world.

So would it be better to just sell to NPC Vendors?

I guess it depends on how good the item is. If it's not a very good item then chances are people aren't going to buy it so selling to a NPC would be the way to go. But if it happens to be a decent item I'd probably try selling it on the GTN.

Thanks for the input however I am new to MMOs and I didn't do much crafting in the beta so this is all new to me, but, how can I tell if a mod that I crafted is very good/rare compared to something that is cheap/common?

Thanks

Thanks for the input however I am new to MMOs and I didn't do much crafting in the beta so this is all new to me, but, how can I tell if a mod that I crafted is very good/rare compared to something that is cheap/common?

Thanks

Too be honest this is all new to me as well. This is my first MMO and I also did not partake in the beta. I'm just using logic which I know is frowned upon on the internet. I'm not sure what items are good or bad but I do know that if the item is purple or orange then it's a pretty good item. You could sell blue items to players who are earlier levels and green you might as well just sell to the NPC.

With my Cybertech it seems that in low levels very few items would be worth putting up on the GTN aside from (as mentioned above) blues, purples, etc. Most of the items I make I reverse engineer to allow further creation of items and the hopes of a new schematic. I think it was at 60 Cybertech that I started seeing some decent low level blues for the GTN. But then again you never know what someone may buy. One man's trash and all that jazz.

green you might as well just sell to the NPC.

You can't make blue items until you have reverse engineered green ones into blue recipes. after that, the only point in making green is to level crafting as you don't gain anything else (loose money, no schematic to gain, etc)

Some people may decide to wear a certain piece of armor just because they think it looks cool. So you never know what someone will buy just like you said.

That's what orange items are for :) But I don't think Cybertech gets orange items. Armourtech and synhtweaving I'd agree with you, but cybertech, green = RE or vendor trash. The only exception would be biochem. Health packs are always useful regardless of quality :)

But most of the items I get to craft comes from scavenging, which cost me nothing as I am doing it in the world.

So would it be better to just sell to NPC Vendors?

Big economy mistake.

Anything that can be sold has a market value, regardless if you got it yourself or someone else did.

Whenever you craft an item, you must include the market price of its components in the final item price, otherwise you are effectively losing money compared to simply selling the components themselves.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Why are you guys suggesting me to reverse engineer green items to get recipes to make blue items? Aren't blue items inferior to green items? Shouldn't I just keep the green items and sell those since when compared to blue, green items are more rare?

You have it backwards.

Purple > Blue > Green > White

Why are you guys suggesting me to reverse engineer green items to get recipes to make blue items? Aren't blue items inferior to green items? Shouldn't I just keep the green items and sell those since when compared to blue, green items are more rare?

wrong. it goes green ->blue -> purple. Trust me, I'm lvl 60 cybertechm blue is better then green and purple is better than blue. Have a look at torhead or darthhater if you want.

Okay, so what about Orange?

Orange is a blank slate that you make into whatever you want using the mods that cybertech creates. It's basically a cosmetic version of the green/blue/purple. Orange is as good as the mods in it. Hence cybertech doesn't have orange items as nothing shows on the character. But your purple mods will be sought after to put in orange armourtech/synthweaving items.

What is the procedure to 'reverse engineer' an item? I've poked around the UI looking for it but haven't found it yet.

Thanks.

It's in the top right of your inventory. There is currently a bug, so please make sure you don't re stacks. It's not an issue with cybertech, but it is with some of the others.

The biggest obstacle in making money off of your crafting is when dorks put theirs up for less than it cost to make. Some people seem content to beat you to a sale even if they lose money on it.

Eventually however the economy will even out and there'll be market prices. Demand will dictate how low the price will go. If people end up buying stuff often enough then there won't be too much fluctuation.

Its really annoying when you find a good price and someone low balls it into an area where you can't make money by beating it.