Companions

swcfrost

Does anyone else miss being able to talk to your companions on your ship whenever you want and ask them basic questions? It seems like you can be way more interactive with your companions in KotOR. (You could even play pazaak with one of the companions, and practice space combat with one in KotOR II.)

Would you like Bioware to make companion interaction more like KotOR or do you like it the way it is?

There's a lot about the KOTOR and DA:O conversation system I'd like to see brought back. Player-initiated conversations - remember choosing what topic to talk about, or talking to Alistair just to kiss him? - is high on the list.

i'd love to see cross-companion banter. maybe your comps wander about the ship during diff times of day, and you can overhear them talk like some NPC dialogue in town.

i'd love to see cross-companion banter. maybe your comps wander about the ship during diff times of day, and you can overhear them talk like some NPC dialogue in town.

Now that would be a cool way to do it. I've wondered how to squeeze in the companion banter I love so much in a system that isn't built to have two companions out while you're questing. Wandering around the ship would be a perfect setting.

Oh that would be lots of fun!

I'd love to see how they get along, or just have them milling about in day-to-day tasks.

There's a lot about the KOTOR and DA:O conversation system I'd like to see brought back. Player-initiated conversations - remember choosing what topic to talk about, or talking to Alistair just to kiss him? - is high on the list.

Sadly, with the way the conversation system has been progressing from DA2, this game, and ME3, player-initiated companion conversations seems phased out :(

The previous system would work better in an MMO frankly. I could quit for a year, come back, and I'm not gonna remember who Ensign Temple is. I should be able to talk to her and have past conversations repeated!

Oh that would be lots of fun!

I'd love to see how they get along, or just have them milling about in day-to-day tasks.

never played any DA, but i saw some youtubes... i love the banter when other party members catch on your sleeping with one of them XD

Ive wanted this forever!!!! I just wish they had random convos like in mass effect 3, i think it would be awesome if every companion just wandered cities that you visit and you can just watch what they do, and btw mmos have to be driven by quests, techinically every conversation you have with someone is a quest, even if it ends right where it begins.

Therefore you cant just have meaningless convos, i miss my meaningless convos :(

Edited by Chanez

Heck, just to have them move around once in a while on the ship would be nice.

The whole daily-weekly conversation quests would be nice, they don't have to give EXP but something random about anything might be fun though it would probably take more VA work and programming so I'm not sure that BW would do something like that. I do miss being able to just randomly talk to my companions.

little easter eggs for different times of the day would be funny... aka between 2AM and 1PM friday night-saturday morning, you find a hungover kaliyo in her bunk. or tuesday is " poke vector full of needles and probes" day in lokin's office. Maybe they literally DO let you sauce it up if you send everyone exept your LI off on missions, and then you talk to you LI on the ship.

I miss talking to Corso the most since he's the first one I married in this game. Now that I'm finished with my smuggler's class quest, I don't even get to hear him being all jealous about me flirting with a man even if I esc out.

I want him to talk more about future kids or about his parents or even about if I still have Sparkles he gave me. I still do too!

I also miss flrting with Quinn (yes, I like Quinn bad boy he was or not) and I miss seeing him stammer and such.

I MISS having conversations with my companions. Right now, I don't care if a companion told me to go make him a sammich. I want SOMETHING from my companions, especially my LIs. *sigh*

Crez, would you please go to work for BW? WE NEED YOU THERE! :)

sorry, if i did that, vector would become OP and the new main character of the sieries... also he would shed a lot of his clothes... and everyone would have party bombs

I'd love this if it happened, I find that my companion story lines end abruptly and they cant have multiple choices. I wold like to see if my companions are doing anything and what they are doing, I also think some of these things should involve multiple characters. Such as I see my Mako and Torian hugging and I ask what they are doing, They keep trying to change the subject. Fun things like that would be a nice improvement to the game.

I miss talking to Corso the most since he's the first one I married in this game. Now that I'm finished with my smuggler's class quest, I don't even get to hear him being all jealous about me flirting with a man even if I esc out.

I want him to talk more about future kids or about his parents or even about if I still have Sparkles he gave me. I still do too!

I also miss flrting with Quinn (yes, I like Quinn bad boy he was or not) and I miss seeing him stammer and such.

I MISS having conversations with my companions. Right now, I don't care if a companion told me to go make him a sammich. I want SOMETHING from my companions, especially my LIs. *sigh*

I keep saying this, but I'll say it again: I REALLY want to meet Corso's ex. I hope she sucks.

I think it's hard to do, as you'd need to drag all the voice actors/actresses back to the studio. Most of them would do so, but you'd really need them all, which isn't something you can rely on.

I'm sure they signed contracts saying they'd come back. That's pretty standard for this sort of job.

I'm sure they signed contracts saying they'd come back. That's pretty standard for this sort of job.

lol yeah i can see it now

* hung over VA picks up the phone* you want me to say WHAT?! just kill off my character * hangs up* -.-;

Heck, just to have them move around once in a while on the ship would be nice.

The whole daily-weekly conversation quests would be nice, they don't have to give EXP but something random about anything might be fun though it would probably take more VA work and programming so I'm not sure that BW would do something like that. I do miss being able to just randomly talk to my companions.

you know i have maxed all companion conversations some i just CANNOT remember well others go POOF bye-bye conversation memories

you know i have maxed all companion conversations some i just CANNOT remember well others go POOF bye-bye conversation memories

Same here, so If they had like a database where you could repeat them all, that would be great.