Uncap Champ Bags, Allow Battlemaster Aquistion while leveling

SoulstitchMMO

When you hit 50, let the pvp be about the pvp. Not the grind. Bioware I know you guys are new to pvp and mmo development. I know you guys are only doing the best you can copying failed systems from other games, but they are fail systems.

PVP in an instanced based them park MMO needs to be about the pvp not about the gear chase. Allow those that level in pvp, step into pvp at 50 in full battlemaster so they can compete on even footing, and enjoy the pvp.

Not having to suffer through the grind to get geared out, by which point you're normally just facerolling other fresh 50s.

When the ranks start up, players will be more likely to enjoy the gameplay, instead of gaming the system to continuously fight fresh 50s.

Edited by SoulstitchMMO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought about this solution too. But there are 2 connected huge problems with it:

1. It pretty much forces you to do A LOT of PVP while leveling so you are battlemaster by the time you hit 50

2. With all the PVP you are forced to do now you get such a epic ****ton of XP that you will outlevel every planet without doing any quests besides maybe your class quests. This means you won't get to see all the cool quests and storylines, and also that you won't have commendations to buy better gear for you and your companions.

Not sure about full battlemaster, that might be overboard, but with the changes to the number of commendations in the Champion bag, an uncapped champion bag so you can purchase them under level 50, and store them in your bank would be excellent for people who brim with wz/merc comms. I'm sitting at 1k/1k + 1 bag bought at level 43, and I have the 46 and 42 weapon and the complete 40 set.

What I would love to see is a t0.5 set that could be crafted or expertise mods for the artificers/cybertechs.

When I hit 50 I was already valor 44, and had maxed out my commendations by probably level 30. Remove the cap! Or have the bags/gear on the same level as all the other gear (30-60 commendations per piece of gear). Why does a <50 PVP weapon take 580WZ commendations and a champion one take 120 or so?

Need to revamp the commendation system or just get rid of the 1,000 cap altogether. I had to burn my commendations on those stupid boxes or buy a crap ton of those medic pacs just so I wouldn't "waste" my WZ commendations.

I have thought about this solution too. But there are 2 connected huge problems with it:

1. It pretty much forces you to do A LOT of PVP while leveling so you are battlemaster by the time you hit 50

2. With all the PVP you are forced to do now you get such a epic ****ton of XP that you will outlevel every planet without doing any quests besides maybe your class quests. This means you won't get to see all the cool quests and storylines, and also that you won't have commendations to buy better gear for you and your companions.

At this point I honestly don't care any more about the stories. All 8 are basically the same exact thing all the way through.

I am trying to redeem the pvp in this game and by letting the people who want to pvp get geared up to continue pvp'ing at 50, will stop the rampant cheating, and warzone dropping, and everything else because players won't be so incentivized to do so.

I don't know about letting everyone have BM gear strait out but def agree on at least eliminating the cap on wz and merc cons so people can get champ gear.

The difference between champ and battle isn't so great so ok. But honestly if you level through pvp and get to 50 it should not be such an uphill grindy exploiting battle.

if gear is made equal across the board, there would not be such a huge massive incentive to cheat/leave in virtually every single warzone.

Too broad of a statement. Cheating will always be done regardless.

The leaving has many faucets, including the dumb daily system for battlemasters, and the fact that generally some people leave for personal reasons(life, hate huttball, etc.) I do not condone leaving, but handing out max tier gear to every single fresh 50 will probably have minimal impact on hackers and leavers/afkers until the system itself is balanced out, especially since a significant portion of players probably have no idea what they are doing once they hit level 50-that is a bit unfair, but its the truth.

A lot of games provide carrots on a stick(leaderboards, perks, unlocks, achievements, titles) If you get rid of those, you will get rid of a lot of people. My opinon on those aside, it's pretty much the truth that you need a carrot on a stick to ensure people pay the subscriptions so that the developers can develop content. If this was a pure leveled playing field, then you would get CoD:MW3 PC, BF3, TF2, CS:S, with the exception of CS, those all have carrots on a stick anyways.

At this point I honestly don't care any more about the stories. All 8 are basically the same exact thing all the way through.

I am trying to redeem the pvp in this game and by letting the people who want to pvp get geared up to continue pvp'ing at 50, will stop the rampant cheating, and warzone dropping, and everything else because players won't be so incentivized to do so.

It's nice that you don't care about the stories, lots of other people do though. I have a level 50 char, a level 38 one, and 6 others in their 20s (4 reps and 4 imps so I get get to see every story in the end). There are such a ****ton of quests on each planet that I still find new and interesting ones that I didn't do before with each alt I level.

Also there are always new players coming in who level their first char, want to see the stories, and also want to PVP at level 50.

Simply give us crafted expertise gear, or blue entry level gear at 50 buyable with normal commendations. That would help A LOT for fresh 50s.

When you hit 50, let the pvp be about the pvp. Not the grind. Bioware I know you guys are new to pvp and mmo development. I know you guys are only doing the best you can copying failed systems from other games, but they are fail systems.

PVP in an instanced based them park MMO needs to be about the pvp not about the gear chase. Allow those that level in pvp, step into pvp at 50 in full battlemaster so they can compete on even footing, and enjoy the pvp.

Not having to suffer through the grind to get geared out, by which point you're normally just facerolling other fresh 50s.

When the ranks start up, players will be more likely to enjoy the gameplay, instead of gaming the system to continuously fight fresh 50s.

You confused

MMORPG with MOBA.

You want MOBA, you ended up in MMORPG.

It's nice that you don't care about the stories, lots of other people do though. I have a level 50 char, a level 38 one, and 6 others in their 20s (4 reps and 4 imps so I get get to see every story in the end). There are such a ****ton of quests on each planet that I still find new and interesting ones that I didn't do before with each alt I level.

Also there are always new players coming in who level their first char, want to see the stories, and also want to PVP at level 50.

Simply give us crafted expertise gear, or blue entry level gear at 50 buyable with normal commendations. That would help A LOT for fresh 50s.

not good enough. people that want to pvp to 50, are penalized for it. they shouldn't be. if a player wants to play swtor for it's pvp, then why are people being so penalized for that at 50.

not good enough. people that want to pvp to 50, are penalized for it. they shouldn't be. if a player wants to play swtor for it's pvp, then why are people being so penalized for that at 50.

There is a reason why each and every sane mmo does not allow you to aquire end game gear before you actually hit end game.

If you don't see that reason, then you are in wrong game type(MMO) and should be in a shooter or a MOBA.

MMO is like a big pizza. PvP is just one slice. Don't expect a single slice to make the hunger go away.

Edited by Lerdoc

don't just give out the gear... but definately either get rid of the cap on commendations or get rid of the unique factor on the champion bags so we can store more of them. People who level via PvP should be able to still compete at 50. As it stands now it is possible to be a battlemaster at 50 and have only a couple pieces of PvP gear...

Having done all the side quests at least once, I only do my favorites and the class quests now.

don't just give out the gear... but definately either get rid of the cap on commendations or get rid of the unique factor on the champion bags so we can store more of them. People who level via PvP should be able to still compete at 50. As it stands now it is possible to be a battlemaster at 50 and have only a couple pieces of PvP gear...

Show me one single MMO that allows you to get end game max level gear without being max level.

Tell me logical reason why pvp should be exception, considering the fact that we even have separate bracket for 50 pvp.

There is a reason why each and every sane mmo does not allow you to aquire end game gear before you actually hit end game.

If you don't see that reason, then you are in wrong game type(MMO) and should be in a shooter or a MOBA.

MMO is like a big pizza. PvP is just one slice. Don't expect a single slice to make the hunger go away.

Umm that is just flat out wrong. There are plenty of SANE mmos that let you aquire high end gear before you get to that high end. They just happen to not be WoW clones. Infact I would venture to say that there are far more games that don't have the requirement to be max level before aquiring the gear. (This does not mean you could use the gear before 50)

Show me one single MMO that allows you to get end game max level gear without being max level.

Tell me logical reason why pvp should be exception, considering the fact that we even have separate bracket for 50 pvp.

To start DAOC

UO would be another one

Ohh pretty sure EQ would be on that list as well (Never played that one personally though)

LOTRO is on that list as well, I had my legendary weapon long before I could use one. Although I haven't played that mmo in a while so not sure how it changed. Also a lot of the best gear was crafted.

Ohh and why should PvP be an exception? Because PvP is about Player vs Player combat not a gear grind. Incorporating a gear grind into that game mechanic is fail and detracts away from the skill of playing a character. Anybody who is in full BM gear should be able to beat a fresh 50 regardless of how well the fresh 50 plays and how bad the BM plays. To start they are going to be hitting almost twice as hard and have at least 50% more hitpoints.

Edited by Aroidan

Also that's the major complaint about gearing in WOW. It's just that Trion and Bioware hired people that had never actually played any other MMO than WOW to make their pvp systems.

As it is you can open 6 bags as soon as you ding 50 without even counting the dailies and weeklies you get access too right when you pop.

If you remove the cap you also might as well remove tier 1 pvp gear. It is not at all hard to gear up in this game what you are asking for is just getting gear handed to you.

With the changes that have already happened to gear acquisition you can now get full centurion + lots of champion within a week of hitting 50. I mean, 6 bags immediately then 2-3 a day plus the extras for the weekly... call it 25 bags. That's 175 Champion Commendations and 375 Centurion commendations.

That really isn't much of a grind, the only grind that is left is the Valor to let you start picking up BM bags and even though it's slow I don't see any good reason to change it. It should take a few weeks to achieve. You also definitely don't need Champion/Battlemaster gear to excel in WZs. I did a couple of Warzones yesterday in my Roleplaying outfit (forgot to change) and I was still picking up 7+ medals, getting decent damage and so on. I admit that my RP gear has solid mods in it (Purple 50s) but I actually had a few slots empty (Bracers, for example) and was running around the 300 expertise mark (i.e., less than full Centurion.) Honestly, a lot of new 50s want to blame the perceived gear disparity for their poor performance when a large slice of the issue is either (1) their gear isn't even L50, in which case their should be struggling or (2) they are just playing against better opponents, with less casuals and lowbies to farm to make them think they are awesome.

Umm that is just flat out wrong. There are plenty of SANE mmos that let you aquire high end gear before you get to that high end. They just happen to not be WoW clones. Infact I would venture to say that there are far more games that don't have the requirement to be max level before aquiring the gear. (This does not mean you could use the gear before 50)

I'm willing to see that "plenty" listed by you.

And for your own sake, I really do hope you don't speak about sandboxes here as the only thing in common with level based themeparks they have is that you create your own avatar and play it.

GW2. There ya go.

Oh yea, because we know a lot about GW2 outside few skills of classes and how it looks :rolleyes: Try again.

And don't try with GW1 as its hardly MMO.