This morning several of my ships had no primary weapon equipped!

Nemarus

Hangar view: http://i.imgur.com/XjNrXdO.jpg

I decided to take it for a spin...

http://i.imgur.com/GiSC9X6.jpg

I was less than optimally effective...

http://i.imgur.com/tAjE3V3.jpg

I was able to fix this back in the Hangar by simply selecting a weapon. But it certainly is strange.

Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any pattern. My Sting and Jurgoran were missing their BLC's, but my Mangler had its equipped. I had two Cartel ships missing HLC's, but my Razorwire had its fine.

Still... DID THEY CHANGE SOMETHING IN THE MATRIX?!

Edited by Nemarus

Equipping weapon 0 or whatever isn't good enough. We need to go further. Lets get some good out of range values. I'm looking forward to changing out Burst Laser Cannon to MISSINGNO CANNON. I'll shoot shots of type BIRD/NORMAL and crash their client!

Yeah, so...

I bomb burst into a domination match, my tensor equipped scout charging towards the middle node, flashfires streaking past me under the boost my ability provides. I hit the node and drop my repair probe and then set out looking for a target to melt with my lasers.

I see a strike lumbering in with a bomber, I climb high, plot my angle of attack, line up my shot, and dive with my finger clicking furiously on the mouse to deliver a red hot bolt of death.

Only it doesn't.

Instead I get a wall of red text telling me that I have no primary weapon equipped and I've just served myself up wholesale to a strike fighter.

The Dude does not abide.

I really hope this will get fixed soon.

Checking my ships, before I go into combat and making sure all of them have no blanc slots listed. Is a bit of a hassle.

But sometimes I relog after checking, (because all my alts are crafting and I need something), then I queue again without checking if there are any missing components..

Ofcourse then the queue pops, and I'm flying head on into battle without shield component / or weapon / or engine component...

If only I could ram the enemy players...

More than one week and still not fixed :mad:

It is not enough to check the Component tab of every ship to see there is a selected component. Yesterday I logged in, checked my Blackbolt and saw that the Level 5 Rocket Pods were still selected. But when I clicked on it, it showed only the first 3 upgrade levels highlighted. Both sides of L4 and L5 were de-selected.

Just to bump this. One of my ships continues to be unusable because of this. Sent report, no response.

Hey Seyahat, you can reset the components and regain use of them by going into your hangar's Components tab, and select the proper weapon or component from the list to re-enable it. The really annoying thing is that you will have to check this each time you log into the game, but while you are actively playing it will not lose components (like between matches).

Hopefully that solves the problem, but if you are experiencing a more severe form of the bug where it doesn't let you re-equip components in the hangar, so far as I know that's a new one that we haven't seen yet.

I'm pretty sure the bug report feature doesn't ever get responded to, none that I have submitted ever got more than the automated reply.

Despon

My primary weapon is missing on a couple of ships but not all. Also the combat HUD is off the screen making it impossible to use?????

anyone have ideas how to fix this?

Go into the hangar and re-equip your weapons (or other missing components).

Can you post a screenshot of your HUD please, I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

My components are also unequip after every logout and login, but this happen only on ships i used when i was previously logged. My bigger problem is when i pick any component with tier 4 or 5 (weapons, systems) or tier 3 and i click one of 2 options for upgrading, then i change those component to other to buy new upgrade and i go back to previously equiped thing (here heavy cannon) i must again re-click upgrade i wanna use. Example: i re-equip heavy cannon (cause of bug) change from imroved crit to ignore armor (tier 4) and from shield piercing to shield damage. Then i change weapon to rapid fire cannon, buy some upgrade and rechange to heavy cannon i again have imroved crit and shield piercing than upgrades on right side. Any idea?

My components are also unequip after every logout and login, but this happen only on ships i used when i was previously logged. My bigger problem is when i pick any component with tier 4 or 5 (weapons, systems) or tier 3 and i click one of 2 options for upgrading, then i change those component to other to buy new upgrade and i go back to previously equiped thing (here heavy cannon) i must again re-click upgrade i wanna use. Example: i re-equip heavy cannon (cause of bug) change from imroved crit to ignore armor (tier 4) and from shield piercing to shield damage. Then i change weapon to rapid fire cannon, buy some upgrade and rechange to heavy cannon i again have imroved crit and shield piercing than upgrades on right side. Any idea?

You can't do anything about that. Whenever you're not using a component the choice you made is not saved. When you reequip it, its upgrades will have the left option selected by default.