Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what? question? Do I think buying levels is Pay 2 Win? no I don't think that I already answered that.

It's not just my question, I have watched you do it to others as well, but you are too far ingrained in that alternate reality of yours to realize it. Now run along kid, you bother me.

Ah, the source of knowledge which teaches me new words every day, such as Payt-owned:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Payt-owned

I'll be sure to be using that in my daily life from now on. There never really was a word for such patients asides from unfortunate anyway, but this clears up everything.

Seriously, urban dictionary?! :p

Ah, the source of knowledge which teaches me new words every day, such as Payt-owned:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Payt-owned

I'll be sure to be using that in my daily life from now on. There never really was a word for such patients asides from unfortunate anyway, but this clears up everything.

Seriously, urban dictionary?! :p

IT WAS A JOKE.

As in, it's on the internet, so it must be official!

It's not just my question, I have watched you do it to others as well, but you are too far ingrained in that alternate reality of yours to realize it. Now run along kid, you bother me.

can you give me an example of me not answering questions? or are you just going to throw out baseless accusations.

Oh wait let me go you are going to tell me "DERP u find it ur self if u cant find it u r useless"

This whole argument is useless right now, because no one knows what will be in the shop.

It's all speculation, which I think was the point of this thread.

Actually I think the issue here may just be that the OP is getting upset over people making a joke about the cash shop.

I.E. Someone made a thread about boss armors specifically Revans armor and someone else cracked a joke about "sure you can get it in the cash shop for $20". It is obviously a joke but I have a feeling some people are taking it seriously and seriously getting butt hurt over it.

can you give me an example of me not answering questions? or are you just going to throw out baseless accusations.

Oh wait let me go you are going to tell me "DERP u find it ur self if u cant find it u r useless"

There's nothing baseless about it, anyone with half a brain can go through your posting history and find it. You want to see it you go look, I'm not doing the work for you. Now run along kid.

I take it you didn't read the article i posted

That article is just as official as the urbandictonary is. ;)

Fact of the matter is, there is no right and wrong.

One person may view something as P2W, someone else may see it as "convenience".

Who's to say how another chooses to spend their $?

It's up to us, individually, to decide that.

Edited by Skoobie

So, it's all speculation. What's wrong with speculating on forums? Especially on gaming forums?

Because its not speculation but bloviating as if fact, no different then the unending stream of self proclaimed experts, speaking of how they could do it better, that we have endured since launch.

That article is just as official as the urbandictonary is. ;)

Fact of the matter is, there is no right and wrong.

One person may view something as P2W, someone else may see it as "convenience".

Who's to say how another chooses to spend their $?

It's up to us, individually, to decide that.

lol you didn't read the article.

This article: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/the-daily-grind-how-do-you-define-pay-to-win/ ?

I've read it several times, before you ever linked it even.

You didn't notice that I posted, pretty much what it said?

Never-the-less, it's still just an opinion.

the article says there is no definition. I know you said that but that's my point and back a post ago you said its no more right then Urban dictionary.

Which of course is wrong as there is no defention.

the article says there is no definition. I know you said that but that's my point and back a post ago you said its no more right then Urban dictionary.

I said it was as official as the urbandictionary. Which means, not at all.

So, what exactly have you been arguing about, if you agree there is no right or wrong answer?

Edited by Skoobie

I got a definition of Pay to Win.

From Dictionary.com.

Pay: verb (used with object)

6. to yield a recompense or return to; be profitable to

To: preposition

20. used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun

Win: noun

15. a victory, as in a game or horse race

So it means "To yield a recompense or return to; be profitable to a victory."

I got a definition of Pay to Win.

From Dictionary.com.

Pay: verb (used with object)

6. to yield a recompense or return to; be profitable to

To: preposition

20. used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun

Win: noun

15. a victory, as in a game or horse race

So it means "To yield a recompense or return to; be profitable to a victory."

I'll go with that.

Where is the term officially defined? You have a link? You seem so sure about everyone else's definition I can't imagine you can't back it up with atleast something.

Officially defined? Does something need official definition to be accepted as a general consensus? Players have different definitions for everything. For instance, what defines casual? How many variations of casual are there? What defines Hard Core and how many variations of that are there? What defines MMO and how many people have different views on what an MMO should be?

When a term is being discussed one way... you dont come into an arguement with the same term meaning something else to you.

Because its not speculation but bloviating as if fact, no different then the unending stream of self proclaimed experts, speaking of how they could do it better, that we have endured since launch.

This game will never go F2P.

This game is doing fine.

This game still has 1.4 million subs.

Many people pointed out, that this isnt the case before it happend. The same defenders in those threads are the same defenders in these threads.... go figure.

Ok ... so as I said.... we view things as P2W. You do not. So why are you trying to argue it isnt... if there is no correct definition. It all boils down to what people, on an individual basis think. What I think.... there will be p2w items in the cash shop.

I read this thread start to finish (yea I'm bored) and as far as I can tell JarJar answered every question that was put to him. Calling JarJar a kid in almost every other sentence in almost everyone of your replies just makes you sound foolish Xippo. There is nothing wrong with being a kid (if he even is one). Video games are ment for people of all ages, not just self entitled narcissits like yourself. If you don't want to "babysit" maybe you need a new hobby. I recommend one that doesn't involve you interacting with other human beings. "I can absolutely prove it, I choose however to leave you to your own devices" is more of a childish statement than anything JarJar said.

So I'm on topic here - My view on the new free to play model they have chosen to adopt. Meh, I'm keeping my sub. If they put something in the shop worth buying I'll drop 20 bucks. It's just a game and not worth getting your panties in a bunch. :D