Sound bug?

HrRav

Anyone else who has experienced that the sound shuts off right after spawning in a new match? It has happened to be a couple of times. Only SWTOR goes silent---I can still hear sound from other programs I am running---and it has only happened for me in gsf.

It is not until you loose the sound that you realise how important it is for the gameplay. It is so much harder to realise that you are under attack or to follow up on your own attacks!

Yep, I've had that about once or twice a week. It usually disappears right as you enter the match and comes back about half way in. Depending how long the match is. I usually find the easiest way to handle it is to play a "passive" GS from behind safe lines.

I have a brand new computer. Everything updated, and it still does this sometimes. I thought it might have been part of my old computer dying process. I dont think its the case now, lol.

They may leave it in as a feature, like tier 4 and 5 deselects, lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Allright, I've learned from other players that the sound usually returns after about half the game. Today, however, I had the funny experience that I lost the sound twice. It was in a Battle over Iokath game and I lost sound during the first spawn sequence. After a couple of minutes the sound returned, but the next time I was shot down, I lost sound again at respawn.This time the sound returned when I picked up a speed boost. I have a vague memory that I was taking a powerup when sound returned the first time as well. And I am not sure if I have ever encountered the sound bug in a domination game.

Anyone else who have made similar observations?