Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Antiquated Forum

Unperson
10.11.2019 , 04:55 PM | #21
The idea behind the whole up/downvote thing is to outsource the process of forming an opinion to the hivemind. I am not a fan of that, popularity contests, and ego stroking. Post ratings serve that purpose at least as often as they serve for separating wheat from chaff, as it were.

Read the whole thread if the topic is important to you, and make up your own mind. Spend a while around the community and you'll start seeing who's worth paying attention to and who you are better off ignoring. And there's always reddit, as others have suggested.

OlBuzzard
10.11.2019 , 05:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Unperson View Post
The idea behind the whole up/downvote thing is to outsource the process of forming an opinion to the hivemind. I am not a fan of that, popularity contests, and ego stroking. Post ratings serve that purpose at least as often as they serve for separating wheat from chaff, as it were.

Read the whole thread if the topic is important to you, and make up your own mind. Spend a while around the community and you'll start seeing who's worth paying attention to and who you are better off ignoring. And there's always reddit, as others have suggested.
I agree .. save the part about reddit. For me personally I just don't like it ! ( just a personal like / dislike opinion).
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Hawkebatt
10.11.2019 , 07:59 PM | #23
I just down voted this post so why can others not vote?
The button drop down is on the bottom of each forum page.
Simple
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

xordevoreaux
10.12.2019 , 03:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
I just down voted this post so why can others not vote?
The button drop down is on the bottom of each forum page.
Simple
Thanks for that, never even really noticed.
Yep. Downvoted the thread.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Tsillah
10.12.2019 , 03:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
This shows an amazing lack of self-awareness. The only toxic posts in this thread thus far are yours.
That is not actually true. He responded to someone who accused him of "complaining to complain". Considering that the OP actually did describe what he sees as issues and even makes suggestions on how to fix it (in his view), I think that saying he's "complaining to complain" is a rather unfair statement and I would see that as the first toxic comment because it's not constructive and simply an accusation without proper argumentation.

However...
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
You really aren't doing anything to get people on your side.
This i do agree with. Responding in kind does not help support the case the OP is trying to make.

What I do like is how they have it on the GW2 forums, where next to report and quote there is also the option to mark a post as helpful or a thumbs up. I find that approach better because it focuses on the positive aspects.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

ShieldProtection
10.12.2019 , 04:41 AM | #26
HOW is that your "amazing" $2000 iphone??? got any headphone jack yet? You greedy human being

"New" does NOT mean "Best"

SWTOR forums are ok, I think you need a revamp your LIFE instead.
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway