Funny Story About Smash

Capt_Beers

Last night I saved a quest reward and accepted in a WZ to hit 50 on my Shadow. I put on my 2 pieces of BM gear and 3 Recruit pieces I had from chests on Tattoine (393 expertise). With my Accelerated, Force potency, Bombardment Projects I was hitting somewhere in the 5k combined range. that was my hardest hitter while lvl 50 in a lowbie WZ with a huge gap in expertise.

I have been hit that hard by lowbie Smashers in lowbie WZ's before.

Now do it with a real killer like a sniper with already optimized wh gear. I get 4k a lot with my green-geared assassin, I imagine with purples I can reach 5k pretty easily, no need for expertise.

the results need to be filmed.

Edited by Zunayson

I can only imagine what I would have been hitting for with a Smash monkey.

Ill let you know when I hit 50 on my monkey. I have all the mods/enhancements and need one more armoring, all I need is some legacy gear and he is going to be fully min/maxed for the most part...should be fun, ill record it.

Ill let you know when I hit 50 on my monkey. I have all the mods/enhancements and need one more armoring, all I need is some legacy gear and he is going to be fully min/maxed for the most part...should be fun, ill record it.

Is it considered ethical to experiment on the lowbies like this I wonder?:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Empire would be okay with it but I don't know how my Gunslinger Republic handlers would like it or if my Vanguards (as I'm absolutely doing the same thing with him) commanding officer would find that sort of behavior fitting of an officer in the Republic SpecFor.

Is it considered ethical to experiment on the lowbies like this I wonder?:rolleyes:

I'm sure the Empire would be okay with it but I don't know how my Gunslinger Republic handlers would like it or if my Vanguards (as I'm absolutely doing the same thing with him) commanding officer would find that sort of behavior fitting of an officer in the Republic SpecFor.

Eh, its one game.

We might have to start a "Who Can one Shot a Lowbie in a WZ" thread.

You only get one game at it... It'd have to be a smash marauder and you'd need to save all the gear to ding 50 with then be able to 4 stack, warzone buff, bloodthirst, and find a squishy target. Don't think it'd happen though.

Now do it with a real killer like a sniper with already optimized wh gear. I get 4k a lot with my green-geared assassin, I imagine with purples I can reach 5k pretty easily, no need for expertise.

the results need to be filmed.

My sniper is level 43, and I already have 8 pieces of augmented war hero gear waiting to use the stuff I could transfer. Sadly, no legacy weapon to transfer stuff over though.

You only get one game at it... It'd have to be a smash marauder and you'd need to save all the gear to ding 50 with then be able to 4 stack, warzone buff, bloodthirst, and find a squishy target. Don't think it'd happen though.

You could do it if you had someone else pop Inspiration/Bloodthirst use your instant four stack thing (Enrage?), hang out by the the WZ power up in Voidstar leap right towards someone coming out of the spawn and Smash them. Kind of a lot of set-up but it could happen.

You could do it if you had someone else pop Inspiration/Bloodthirst use your instant four stack thing (Enrage?), hang out by the the WZ power up in Voidstar leap right towards someone coming out of the spawn and Smash them. Kind of a lot of set-up but it could happen.

I don't think it will... it was hard to do when you could pop relics and adrenals and surge wasn't nerfed. Tried it with guild operatives like a year ago lol.

I've been smashed for 4,9K by non-49/50's in lowbie. Think the guy was a lvl 43 or something.

Once they hit lvl 37 and have full points into the CRIT damage they can start putting up these numbers with good gear.

I got smashed for 3.5 k on my deception sin in lowbies, which has a 30 percent dmg reduction to AOEs. That's a 5k smash.

They are wasting it on one target though.

Highest lowbie smash I've heard of was 8600 from a reputable source, but that was without blood thirst or the wz power up. Definitely not enough to one shot but possibly could get close.

I'm gonna find out soon. Min max'd WH sent gear is getting sent to my mara I'm leveling. Tired of all Sage/Commando teams when I try to PVP. I will also do it in just min maxed 49 gear.

Also, fwiw that 5k was weaksauce. I was getting just under 5k mauls on my sin min/maxed at 39. Geared snipers routinely hit me for 4-5k with what seems like all of their attacks, and last night I saw a 41 scoundrel killing people sub 4s alone. Was very infuriating, but kinda funny at the same time. Definitely see why they got nerfed lol Had the potential to be a fun match if there hadn't also been 5 pyro vangaurds wrecking our whole team pretty much instantly.

Btw, quick question. If you're going to have a one-shot a lowbie contest, will channeled attacks be allowed or does it have to legitimately be one hit? IE Ravage

Edited by Racter

Highest lowbie smash I've heard of was 8600 from a reputable source, but that was without blood thirst or the wz power up. Definitely not enough to one shot but possibly could get close.

I'm gonna find out soon. Min max'd WH sent gear is getting sent to my mara I'm leveling. Tired of all Sage/Commando teams when I try to PVP. I will also do it in just min maxed 49 gear.

Also, fwiw that 5k was weaksauce. I was getting just under 5k mauls on my sin min/maxed at 39. Geared snipers routinely hit me for 4-5k with what seems like all of their attacks, and last night I saw a 41 scoundrel killing people sub 4s alone. Was very infuriating, but kinda funny at the same time. Definitely see why they got nerfed lol Had the potential to be a fun match if there hadn't also been 5 pyro vangaurds wrecking our whole team pretty much instantly.

Btw, quick question. If you're going to have a one-shot a lowbie contest, will channeled attacks be allowed or does it have to legitimately be one hit? IE Ravage

Good question. technically for a proper Smash you have to land a Leap/Obliterate first so that couldn't even really count as one. But if they are silly enough to stand there and eat a whole Ravage they deserve to go down in fame as that guy that got one shotted.

Good question. technically for a proper Smash you have to land a Leap/Obliterate first so that couldn't even really count as one. But if they are silly enough to stand there and eat a whole Ravage they deserve to go down in fame as that guy that got one shotted.

Just today a sorc hard stunned me then knocked me back on my 43 sentinel.

I leapt, precision slashed, master striked, the sorc had 10 percent HP left. SO CLOSE. And I'm not well geared by any means.

White bar >

Well, I found this video, it is not me, and at the beginning, pretty much one ravaged that poor powertech to death, granted, he had some setup, with 2 bloodthirsts, gore, force leap with vindicator set bonus, and a warzone buff, but with the numbers from that ravage, he could have one shotted lots of level 50's.

Well, I found this video, it is not me, and at the beginning, pretty much one ravaged that poor powertech to death, granted, he had some setup, with 2 bloodthirsts, gore, force leap with vindicator set bonus, and a warzone buff, but with the numbers from that ravage, he could have one shotted lots of level 50's.

Wow that sucks for that PT. running out of the spawn and being back in it 10 secs later from ability would be a terrible way to start a match.