Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

BrandonSM

Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?

Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Etc...

What do you guys think?

Doesn't everyone from the Skywalker line inherit Anakin's potential with the Force?

What I'm saying is they inherent his potential and possibly have more potential. Having more potential than their last.

No I get what you're saying. But its Canon that Anakin and Luke had the highest potential of any Force user in the history of the Galaxy, so that won't change. I think that Luke's descendants could match his potential but never exceed it.

Edited by Aximand

Wait, Satele is more powerful than Revan? When did this happen?

And Force-potential inheritance seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I mean, Satele had a son that wasn't Force-sensitive at all, and many Force-sensitive people are born from people with virtually no Force sensitivity.

Wait, Satele is more powerful than Revan? When did this happen?

I know this is going to open up a whole can of worms, but Revan's abilities that are Canon aren't that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Satele is way more powerful than him.

I know this is going to open up a whole can of worms, but Revan's abilities that are Canon aren't that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Satele is way more powerful than him.

In the EU Satele hasn't done much yet and being able to deflect a lightsaber with her hands is cool and all but did not win the fight.

Until she turns a powerful SIth lord into ash , I am gonna say Revan's canon lore and stories are still better .

This is not me saying Satele is not more powerful , its just saying she has not done much to show otherwise and why alot of people question her alot outside of TOR forums.

Shes the Jedi Grandmaster so we all think she is something wonderful as that is not a position just handed to anyone . I hope to see more stories about her and her son .

As for Anakin's decendants being more powerful than him, I think not but they are still more powerful than anyone else .

I think being taught what the last Generation learned and passing it down so the new Generations can learn newer skills and not focus on the old , makes them more powerful .

But if Anakin was to be reborn and have a chance to live his life from Ep3 Age on , I think he would surpass Luke and any Solo kid .

Anakin was born on pure force , while all else in his line have been watered down . Eventaully they will be as normal as any other jedi .

To behonest , not everyone is ment to be great .

Mara Jade was wife to the most powerful Jedi ever to live but she herself was not able to do what Luke could do , and a solo kid killed her for being weaker !

In the EU Satele hasn't done much yet and being able to deflect a lightsaber with her hands is cool and all but did not win the fight.

Until she turns a powerful SIth lord into ash , I am gonna say Revan's canon lore and stories are still better .

This is not me saying Satele is not more powerful , its just saying she has not done much to show otherwise and why alot of people question her alot outside of TOR forums.

Shes the Jedi Grandmaster so we all think she is something wonderful as that is not a position just handed to anyone . I hope to see more stories about her and her son .

Read Fatal Alliance, seriously, read Fatal Alliance.

Not to mention other abilities she has, such as Shatterpoint.

Also, Nyriss' lightning turned her into ash, not Revan, we've had this argument before, and many other people agreed, she killed herself.

Read Fatal Alliance, seriously, read Fatal Alliance.

Not to mention other abilities she has, such as Shatterpoint.

Also, Nyriss' lightning turned her into ash, not Revan, we've had this argument before, and many other people agreed, she killed herself.

In all seriousness why would Nyriss kill herself with lightning? What sense does that make ? She knew Revan could deflect lightning with his hands and said "You know I am very sleepy , I have a good run in life .........time to go night night !" lol Really?

Revan walked into the fight as Nyriss was beating the life out of Meetra and Scourage at the same time , and with 1 move killed her .........I just don't see how you see multiple endings lol .

I mean Rayla_Felana I have nothing against you and really like to read alot of your post but when you start bashing Revan for what and god knows , I just do not see the hate anyone could have with a character in video games and books . I mean KotoR was a great game , it got more awards than KotoR II got ("which was also a decent game") . Revan is a character who did things that are in stone, you cannot change them but move on .

I accept you love for all things Meetra and Mara Jade , I do not spend all day everyday Bashing their characters . Just saying

NJO Luke and Verg (names ha) talk about how if Jedi (or any force sentives) who or both strong in power, have baby's there kids become more powerful then they or, and if they keep doing that even for s few generations, they become like Gods, it maybe why the Old Republic Jedi did not let Jedi wed, and all so why they take force baby form none force sentive parents

In all seriousness why would Nyriss kill herself with lightning? What sense does that make ? She knew Revan could deflect lightning with his hands and said "You know I am very sleepy , I have a good run in life .........time to go night night !" lol Really?

Revan walked into the fight as Nyriss was beating the life out of Meetra and Scourage at the same time , and with 1 move killed her .........I just don't see how you see multiple endings lol .

I mean Rayla_Felana I have nothing against you and really like to read alot of your post but when you start bashing Revan for what and god knows , I just do not see the hate anyone could have with a character in video games and books . I mean KotoR was a great game , it got more awards than KotoR II got ("which was also a decent game") . Revan is a character who did things that are in stone, you cannot change them but move on .

I accept you love for all things Meetra and Mara Jade , I do not spend all day everyday Bashing their characters . Just saying

1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.

2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.

3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.

Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.

1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.

DEFLECTED by Revan, and yes it turned her to ash

2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.

Every thread than Revan is remotely named , you go into your Derail Revan replies

3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?

Well in the "Revan Threads" you always bring up Surik as a Holy Grail and have to mention KotoR II as being better than one. I am just going to point out 1 was awarded "Game of the Year"

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.

Maybe I have you mistaken for another Rayla-Felana that is in the Mara Jade Thread saying KT was a horrible human being and Author for killing Mara Jade, if so I apologise!

Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.

You see that but I don't , she is not number 1 in the KotoR universe but who cares, really who cares if Revan is or isn't either .You have a personal Opinion about Surik but she did follow Revan and Malek into War and disobey the Jedi Order in doing so. No one forced her , she was asked . I am sure she did it because of her long standing friendship with Revan but thats what I get from her story.

Long Live Nilihus !

Just saying

I think the KotoR stories 1 and 2 are so heated on these forums because alot of us not only read about their lores but had fun living their tails in the games . I feel the ability to grow them in the games brought us close to them in ways books and movies have a hard time doing .

I enjoyed both games, I just do not like Obsidian and there for was not happy how KotoR2 looked graphicly but I enjoyed the story just as much as KotoR 1 without a doubt .

Edited by mefit

In an attempt to get this back on topic....yes, it would seem as the generations go on, the stronger force users become.

On that note; however, if Kreia is to be believed, then the SWToR era of force users are actually a stagnation since she says that, compared to ancient Sith Lords, force users of that era were like children by comparison.

Just saying

I think the KotoR stories 1 and 2 are so heated on these forums because alot of us not only read about their lores but had fun living their tails in the games . I feel the ability to grow them in the games brought us close to them in ways books and movies have a hard time doing .

I enjoyed both games, I just do not like Obsidian and there for was not happy how KotoR2 looked graphicly but I enjoyed the story just as much as KotoR 1 without a doubt .

That is my point, he deflected her own lightning back at her, WHAT exactly is it you are arguing again?

I do not derail threads at all, for example if you looked back earlier in this thread, you would notice that I was replying to a statement claiming Revan was superior in power to both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker, this simply isn't true.

I never once made such a statement, if you can find one please go ahead and bring it up, because I know I did not, my statement was actually that Karen Traviss clearly knew nothing about the Star Wars universe, wanting to use Alderaan as a place for Jacen to visit, even though it was blown up before his conception and ignoring the fact that Jaina Solo was an expert pilot, because apparently she can't ride a bike in Legacy of the Force.

And FYI KotOR II: TSL uses exactly the same graphics and engine as KotOR, understandable given the timeframe they got to make the game in, if you want to see KotOR II the way it was meant to be, before LucasArts rushed it out for release, play with the latest Restored Content mods.

Anyway that is my final word in this argument, for it isn't the topic.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

That is my point, he deflected her own lightning back at her, WHAT exactly is it you are arguing again?

I do not derail threads at all, for example if you looked back earlier in this thread, you would notice that I was replying to a statement claiming Revan was superior in power to both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker, this simply isn't true.

I never once made such a statement, if you can find one please go ahead and bring it up, because I know I did not, my statement was actually that Karen Traviss clearly knew nothing about the Star Wars universe, wanting to use Alderaan as a place for Jacen to visit, even though it was blown up before his conception and ignoring the fact that Jaina Solo was an expert pilot, because apparently she can't ride a bike in Legacy of the Force.

And FYI KotOR II: TSL uses exactly the same graphics and engine as KotOR, understandable given the timeframe they got to make the game in, if you want to see KotOR II the way it was meant to be, before LucasArts rushed it out for release, play with the latest Restored Content mods.

Anyway that is my final word in this argument, for it isn't the topic.

LOL no point in argueing with you if you cannot own up to what you said.

You said Nyriss killed herself , she did not . Revan killed her by Deflecting her own lightning back at her. Something he resisted while doing it and did nothing to him . Didn't even phase him at that ! So yea . I am not gonna bother with a forum war with you because you never ever own up to anything you say !

In an attempt to get this back on topic....yes, it would seem as the generations go on, the stronger force users become.

On that note; however, if Kreia is to be believed, then the SWToR era of force users are actually a stagnation since she says that, compared to ancient Sith Lords, force users of that era were like children by comparison.

Canon shows that over the entire picture, the average Jedi or Sith does become more powerful, if ever so slightly compared to the last generation, but for example, the Ancient Sith Lords(Golden Age) would easily take care of many Sith after their own reign, Exar Kun being one of the few exceptions.

Where as, if we get further along, to say Rule of Two/Banite Sith, the Sith have clearly grown more powerful than their predecessors, Darth Bane and Darth Zannah would kill pretty much any Sith (And probably Jedi to) from before their own time, and as we know, that Order of Sith got more and more powerful with every new Master.

Then of course we get to Sidious, the only Sith after him that come close are NJO Exar Kun and Darth Caedus, so it seems to get to Darth Sidious, and just stops dead, although I imagine, given time, Caedus may have surpassed all previous Sith, his reign as Dark Lord was short-lived.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

LOL no point in argueing with you if you cannot own up to what you said.

You said Nyriss killed herself , she did not . Revan killed her by Deflecting her own lightning back at her. Something he resisted while doing it and did nothing to him . Didn't even phase him at that ! So yea . I am not gonna bother with a forum war with you because you never ever own up to anything you say !

Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.

Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.

Are the descendants more powerful or "Gifted" by the Force? I don't think they are.

I would contend that the major difference is in the training they recieved from those "ancestors" who had immense Force potential and experience. Granted Luke had the pain of being mostly self-taught but his descendants didn't they had his knowledge and the knowledge of the various Force users and Force Ghosts and holocrons etc. that Luke had access to over his years.

So yeah they are all gifted by being from an amazingly Force powerful bloodline, but they had the schooling to back it up. Thus making them much more than they would have been without that same experience to guide them.

Image what Luke would have become with that sort of knoweldge at his disposal, or evn Anakin if he hadn't been so cocky during his training and then turning to the Dark Side and having to learn a whole new way of using the Force.

Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.

Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.

But that means that Revan was powerful enough to not only resist but also redirect a power great enough to turn her to ash. I would say that it was not just her lightning that killed her but also Revan's ability to control said lightning.

But that means that Revan was powerful enough to not only resist but also redirect a power great enough to turn her to ash. I would say that it was not just her lightning that killed her but also Revan's ability to control said lightning.

I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.

If the facts that you two have laid out are correct (since I have never read it) then yes the person that casted the lighting in this case would of killed herself. IT would be like shooting a bullet and having it richochet off of something and come back and hit the person that fired it. That would be considered a suicide or an accidental death.

In this case it doesn't sound like Revan "controlled" the lightning and killed her but that the lightning bounced off and killed her. Which makes it a defensive power and not offensive.

I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.

Ah, the different points of view.

Just a question.

Because it seems true.

Etc...

What do you guys think?

I don't think Lukes power could compare with Anakin if he didn't sliced up like a salami. But honestly it depends on the parents really. If its two powerful force users then yes a powerful offspring could emerge.

However that isn't always guaranteed.

1Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, 2you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.

3Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.

1When you cannot win a debat go to name calling lol . Which is insulting someone if you do not know!

Litteral in the fact that KotoR is nothing like OT movies and books

Litteral in the fact that Revan is killed Nyriss by deflecting lighning .

Always using litteral and logic but neither you facts are , just false and a opinion of point of view.

Revan's ability to deflect her lightning that she ment to kill him and instead of killed her is a win for him no matter how much you try to bed it.

I am insulting you but you are calling me dense lol . Maybe you need to look up the word insult ok ?

2 Pointing out something you are doing isn't insulting ,it would be if I called you a name or if it wasn't true but you do run around in your comments instead of owning them when you are wrong!

3Threads are for debating and statements of topic , if you cannot handle others point of views , opinions , or facts then maybe you should take your own advice . Great have a good day ! :D

Edited by mefit