Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Feldraeth
06.21.2015 , 01:20 PM | #5641
EDIT: After reading through these stories, I've edited them into a semblance of quality. Pretty much all of the content is unchanged, though I've added a little here and there, to set up the intended atmospheres and make them more believable. I've also split the Vanguard's grave into The Vanguard and Grave of a Jedi, as the tones of the two pieces jarred.

Hey again, thought I had another week before Father's day. As such, I blitzed through most of the former and all of the latter today. Best laid plans, huh. Anyway...

comments - contains act I SI spoilers
Spoiler

Okay, here is the first of three stories. As you may have guessed, it follows Noctaire in her search for her husband and their kidnapped son. The first two pieces, Failure and Finishing up are both up in the story archive.

Prompt(s): Cleanliness, Technology, the Sound of Silence
Title: The Vanguard
Perspective: Noctaire
Word Count: 1,146
Spoilers: None
Contains nudity
Spoiler

Sacrifice, Technology, Xenobiology, Luminous Beings
Title: Grave of a Jedi
Perspective: Noctaire
Word Count: 2,547
Contains nudity
Spoiler

this next story is one I planned to post on Father's day, which I thought was next week for some reason.

Prompt: Children, Parenthood, Father’s Day
Title: Waking a Sleeping Jetii
Perspective: Tarmin, a Jedi Knight
Word Count: 2,093
Spoiler

Notes
Spoiler

JamagsAwesome
06.21.2015 , 09:09 PM | #5642
Replies:
Spoiler

Comments
Spoiler

Alright let’s set to thickening that plot.

Title: Information
Prompt: Mysteries
Characters: Shiamma the Knight, Shiassa the Consular
Chronology: Some time after Strength and Subject, between Class Story Finales and Ilum
Spoilers: Knight and Consular Class Stories
Words: 656

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler
Star Forge | The Scruffy Legacy
Satele Shan | The Shianna Legacy

Diviciacus
06.23.2015 , 06:59 PM | #5643
Commentarii
Spoiler

Notationes Auctoris:
Spoiler

Title: Uncertainties
Prompt(s): Irresistible Urges, Confessions
Characters: Synchordia (Jedi Consular)
Chronology: Between Chapters 2 and 3 of Consular story
Spoilers: Consular Chapter 2, Knight overall story (I forget when you learn what's spoilered in this story. Chapter 1 I think?)
Words: 1,011

(Also I'm sorry I stole your formatting JamangsAwesome, it's nice and concise. Thank you for letting me use it )
[TRIGGER WARNING] This story may offend some people, but is neither explicit nor violent.

Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Bultitudes_Loke
06.24.2015 , 04:10 AM | #5644
Comments:
Spoiler

Replies:
Spoiler

JamagsAwesome
06.24.2015 , 09:40 AM | #5645
Random Note: For some reason, when I was typing this in Word, it automatically set the proofing language to French, even though I haven’t written anything in French for months. Weird.

Replies:
Spoiler

Comments:
Spoiler

Title: Hello There
Prompt: Snatched from the Jaws of Defeat
Characters: Shiamma the Knight, Shillena the Inquisitor, Arginall the Warrior, Shiassa the Consular
Chronology: On Makeb, sometime after Information
Spoilers: General Makeb, Jedi Knight ending, Sith Warrior Chapter 3
Words: 549

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler

Striges
06.26.2015 , 05:55 AM | #5646
Week of June 26, 2015
I Dare You!: Few phrases in the English language have gotten people into more trouble, except possibly “Hey watch this!” So how about your character? Do they feel obliged to accept any dare? Do they dare others? Or do they regard the whole concept as ridiculous, an excuse to overrule common sense in exchange for a fleeting moment of acceptance or popularity? I dare you to write about it.

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489974post=2 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489991post=3 (yes, we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining these lists.

This week's featured NotLP:
Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?

Congratulations/Awards - Sometimes everything goes right, and sometimes our characters are recognized for it. Write about a time your character received an award or congratulations. Do they feel they earned it? Did it make a positive difference for others?

toatokua
06.26.2015 , 08:56 AM | #5647
Hi everyone, I have been reading this forum for a while, but i don't know exactly what prompts are up at this point, or which this'd belong to for that matter, but i've got a backstory to my first character in my legacy that I'd like to share. I put it into 3 parts for easier reading. This involves my Scoundrel (Helksan) and my Jedi Sentinel (Rheyja)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

JamagsAwesome
06.26.2015 , 02:05 PM | #5648
*No replies*

Comments:
Spoiler

Speaking of posting more stories…

Title: A Quarrel
Prompt: Boring Conversation Anyway
Characters: Shiamma the Knight, Lord Quarrel the (No Class)
Chronology: On Rishi, a little while after Hello There
Spoilers: Rishi, SoR, Forged Alliances, etc.
Words: 346

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler

Oliverthefighter
06.26.2015 , 11:17 PM | #5649
Hello All, I have been reading this thread for a few days, and I just Had to post something. This is the personal Head canon of my operative. Human Male
I don't really know what this week's prompt is, so I hope this works anyway for the thread.
Spoilered for length and major Agent Acts 2 and 3 spoilers.
This takes place way after game, at least ten or so years (maybe, I haven't really worked that bit out)
This is how He leaves the Business.
Oranis: The End
Spoiler

Last Messages:
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

I hope you guys liked it!

Mirdthestrill
06.27.2015 , 11:02 PM | #5650
Alright. After a long absence, it's time for me to finally post something again. I'm sorry, there will be no comments this time, there's been so much activity during my impromptu hiatus! But I will try to catch up on the reading, and welcome to all the new posters

Today, we have two short bits. The first is an intro of sorts for my agent, who will hopefully show up in a larger capacity soon.

Title: For the Good of the Empire
Prompt: Disguises
Characters: Bryyn Harkness (Imperial Agent)
Length: 140 words

Takes place about a year and a half before the beginning of the agent storyline

Spoiler

And the second is for the Description prompt, which I don't thing I ever actually posted for Jessasi, despite it being done months ago. So, here we are.

Title: Captain Jessasi Silver
Prompt: Description
Characters: Jessasi Silver (obviously )
Length: 180 words
Spoilers: none

Takes place about five years after the beginning of the Smuggler storyline

Spoiler
I <3 alts!