Season 4 Reward Blog Discussion Thread

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Hey all,

As you have noticed by the reward table in the reward blog there are a few changes we’ve made for Season 4. Our thought process for these changes is such that it should lead to a better player experience and we hope that we accomplished that. Please post your feedback and let us know what you think! Now let’s look at the specific changes for the Season 4 rewards!

* Black-Silver Color Crystal lockbox - The lockbox is setup like the color crystal lockbox from last season; two crystals each of the four (+41) stat types. The notable difference is that this lockbox is going to be a staple reward every season to give players a staple reward to go after season after season. However, one pitfall we saw last season was that players saw a low-hanging fruit reward and wanted it so bad that they were willing to jump into Ranked head first, sometimes without looking where they were jumping beforehand. That caused many frustrations in solo queue. To alleviate this, the Seasonal crystal lockbox will be given out to Tier 3 (Bronze) players in the group queue only.

* Minimum rating for Tier 3 (Bronze) - It is our thinking that this change will discourage players from coasting through their first 10 games to get a rating just to get their bronze rewards. The floor may change in the future but based on what we've seen this season and previous seasons it is a good start to give incentive to not coast through. If it doesn't fulfill the goals of providing incentive not to coast to rewards then we will adjust the ratings accordingly or enact other measures.

* Golds get everything Silvers get, Silvers get everything Bronze gets - Don't like the way the gold frame on your trophy clashes with your rug? The Bronze title flows with your name better? No worries in Season 4 (and onward unless feedback dictates otherwise) whatever tier you place in you will get the rewards of the previous tier. Huzzah!

* Advanced Class names are back for Top96! - We heard your feedback from Season 3, hope you like these ones!

We hope you enjoy the rewards and getting a little swashed and a little buckled to get them! Enjoy the rest of Season 4!

Happy Hunting and Cheers!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarrr

* Black-Silver Color Crystal lockbox - The lockbox is setup like the color crystal lockbox from last season; two crystals each of the four (+41) stat types. The notable difference is that this lockbox is going to be a staple reward every season to give players a staple reward to go after season after season. However, one pitfall we saw last season was that players saw a low-hanging fruit reward and wanted it so bad that they were willing to jump into Ranked head first, sometimes without looking where they were jumping beforehand. That caused many frustrations in solo queue. To alleviate this, the Seasonal crystal lockbox will be given out to Tier 3 (Bronze) players in the group queue only.

This seems a little on the convoluted side, but I can't say I have any suggestions for a better way to reach those goals - if it ends up working out, then more power to you.

Season 5 going to have Pirate-themed armor? Or mixing it up?

Hm, that's a little disappointing that on the lowest tier, solo players don't get the crystal rewards. I don't really see how I can get 1350 rating on my server with the players that are in queue, so I'll have to settle with the decoration and title.

As long as the rewards are tied to the highest rating in solo queue, they won't mean much and are skewed by when you queue and what players you get in your group. :(

I put a lof of work and credits into getting PvP gear and augmenting it to get to 1180 rating, and now seeing I could just as well have lost nearly all of the ten matches and get the same reward is disappointing.

By the way, next time please link to a larger version of the rewards table so it's easier to read. :)

Edited by Jerba

Not gonna lie, was looking forward to an armor set. Didn't even have to be one per AC like last season, but with how many sets you have running in the cartel market, a ranked armor doesn't seem that difficult to add, even if it was a reskinned models with flashy lights.

Many disappoint :(

Not gonna lie, was looking forward to an armor set. Didn't even have to be one per AC like last season, but with how many sets you have running in the cartel market, a ranked armor doesn't seem that difficult to add, even if it was a reskinned models with flashy lights.

Many disappoint :(

Was really looking forward to a chest pc with a parrot on it...lol

Hm, that's a little disappointing that on the lowest tier, solo players don't get the crystal rewards. I don't really see how I can get 1350 rating on my server with the players that are in queue, so I'll have to settle with the decoration and title.

As long as the rewards are tied to the highest rating in solo queue, they won't mean much and are skewed by when you queue and what players you get in your group. :(

I put a lof of work and credits into getting PvP gear and augmenting it to get to 1180 rating, and now seeing I could just as well have lost nearly all of the ten matches and get the same reward is disappointing.

There's always next season.

--deleted, nevermind--

I would like to start playing pvp, but I only have old pvp set pre 3.0. What's better to start with? 186/192 pve or old pvp set?

Neither. Go with 162 greens, 162/148/148 for MH and OH. Run some regs for about a week in that gear and then you will have a full set of exhumed. Next, augment your stuff and get some stims. Then and ONLY then will you be ready for ranked.

Edited by teclado

stahp the tease, show us the crystal! :0

suggestion: 1625 is way too high considering how ridiculously broken, overpowered and common assassins are. totally ruining things. pops are difficult enough to find right now.

1500 would be more in-line for solo q gold.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

There's always next season.

I've seen quite a few players with 0-2 wins that have a higher rating than one of my characters with 9 wins (9-11). That's a little bit frustrating. That means that at best, the players may be 2-8 or 1-9 or 0-10. They all have a higher rating than somebody who is 9-11? :confused:

For Seasons 1-3, I always had around 1200 to 1300 rating and was happy to have gotten the minipet, the holographic decoration and the crystals, but this season you need 1350 rating to get any reward outside of title and decoration. They constantly increase the tier requirements, and I don't have any hope that it will get better in the next season.

Keep in mind that the leaderboard shows players after their first match but you need 10 matches for the rewards.

Seriously, any PvP player says that ELO rating does not work for solo queue, so I really hope they'll stay away from using the rating for determining the rewards for the next season. It just depends too much on which players are in queue. I don't want to have to be online each evening and wait for the right players to be in queue to boost my rating. I've made a suggestion in the PvP forums to base the rewards on the number of wins instead of rating but I doubt they'll change how the rewards work for future seasons.

so BW gives us a ton of nice rewards and then makes it so that only the PVP elite stand a chance at it. nice going Bioware. I had considered actually trying some PVP, but I'm not gonna bother if I HAVE to have a premade group to get a shot at the crystals.

so BW gives us a ton of nice rewards and then makes it so that only the PVP elite stand a chance at it. nice going Bioware. I had considered actually trying some PVP, but I'm not gonna bother if I HAVE to have a premade group to get a shot at the crystals.

Play on RP server, You can get a random group that just grouped up for the same reason you would - to get a crystal. They don't have a proper gear either.

:rak_01:

Edited by PavSalco

I like how you answered your own question XD

We're going to see a lot of pug groups come the end of the season, cause getting to 1000 in group queue is theoretically quite easy.

Congratulations PvP complainers about crying until they enacting a minimum rating. Now casual pvpers like myself wont bother and you'll have no rated que pops...

What's this? People that are working hard to get a decent pvp rating are actually getting rewarded? BLASPHEMY!

(Also, as the season comes to an end, everyone and their mother will be going for their 10 minimum games).

Congratulations PvP complainers about crying until they enacting a minimum rating. Now casual pvpers like myself wont bother and you'll have no rated que pops...

While I'm not trying to discourage anyone from supporting PvP in this game, if you were queuing ranked purely for the rewards (and not actively trying to win/improve), then a lot of people would probably consider your "help" to be as much of a problem as a solution.

Edited by JMagee

The mount is kind of a let down not gunna lie. But I am happy that if you get t1 you also get all t2 and t3 titles and decos. Any chance that those who played in previous seasons will be rewarded stuff from the previous tiers as well? I was wanting last seasons t3 title but only got t1 ):

I've done 4 group ranked games since the season started and my rating is 1286. I think you'll be okay pugging group. OR you could just yolo queue till you hit 1350 and get the reward you want.

Pretty sure you could lose all 10 of your first ranked arenas and still land at 1000 rating or higher. I sincerely doubt the minimum will ever be much higher.

The horror.

The mount is kind of a let down not gunna lie. But I am happy that if you get t1 you also get all t2 and t3 titles and decos. Any chance that those who played in previous seasons will be rewarded stuff from the previous tiers as well? I was wanting last seasons t3 title but only got t1 ):

I think you have to have a rating of 1625 for all 3 reward sets/titles. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Awesome! Wish there was more than just the mount since last season people got a bunch of legacy bound armor sets, but not every season is the same. Glad about the ratings ceiling and getting all the lower rewards. Now I just need to get to 1600 for that title.

If you get Tier 1 will you now get the Tier 2 and Tier 3 titles? I know you will get the decos, but titles are where its at.

Looks like it according to the sheet.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

the only thing i would like to point out is the class imbalance for something as simple as max T3 rewards for solo

Op scoundrel 106

sniper/slinger 59

merc mando 63

pt vg 339

sorc sage 359

sin shadow 430

mara sent 42

jug guard 159

obviously there are some players who are on the fringe of making the 1350 mark but if your objective is to not dole out participation crystals, youre going to find alot of people doing random group ranked matches with people so they can get a quick 10 matches for the crystals

just my 2 cents