The problem with endgame PvE after columi

The problem I see is progressing onto HM ops for rakata and above gear is basically not PUG-able, even with well geared players you always run into problems such as people dropping out half way through leaving you with half the lockouts or people being too greedy on gear like needing on all classes of gear making the whole thing a waste of time.

Now the obvious idea would be to join a guild and share the lockouts or have fairer loot rules in place, but here's the problem and where I've hit a wall. Most guilds require you to sign up to external sites and apply for the guild before even being accepted to apply for a raid or even 'like' facebook pages, something I find unacceptable just to play the better content of this game with people I was paying the same monthly fee for.

Ideally there should be in-game guild blogs and raid calendars for this purpose, nobody should be forced to communicate with people externally through poorly managed websites just to play the harder endgame content, it is also a security and privacy risk which can also leave you open to compromised email or out of game harassment.

My current subscription ends in a couple of days, because of this and the difficulty getting into post columi end-game content I will not be re-subscribing until I at I either see some changes or find a guild who don't do none of the things above.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

This is gonna sound like a standard jerk response but...you're a minority. The vast majority of players play with a group of people they already know and interact with outside the game. You're playing an MMO, the POINT of the game is to interact with people. Endgame is meant to be too difficult to just faceroll through, it shouldn't be made simpler just so that it'ss puggable for people who don't want to work with friends.

As to your suggestion: it would be really great for some ingame tools like a raid calendar. Unfortunately I don't see that ahppening any time soon as most of the design effort is going towards bug-fixing, balancing, and new content.

Also: you can currently get the highest teir of gear completely by pugging using the group finder tool for HM FPs and SM Ops. GL mate.

1. Not all guilds require website sign ups, find one that doesnt.

2. There is an option for Master Looter, start the group and ask people to roll for loot they need, this way you can ensure loot is distributed fairly and to the correct classes first before comp rolls etc.

This is gonna sound like a standard jerk response but...you're a minority. The vast majority of players play with a group of people they already know and interact with outside the game. You're playing an MMO, the POINT of the game is to interact with people. Endgame is meant to be too difficult to just faceroll through, it shouldn't be made simpler just so that it'ss puggable for people who don't want to work with friends.

As to your suggestion: it would be really great for some ingame tools like a raid calendar. Unfortunately I don't see that ahppening any time soon as most of the design effort is going towards bug-fixing, balancing, and new content.

Also: you can currently get the highest teir of gear completely by pugging using the group finder tool for HM FPs and SM Ops. GL mate.

Firstly the idea of an MMO is to interact with other people whether it's to meet new people or play with old friends, not to just interact with your out of game friends only. The reason BW did the server transfers was so there's more people for everyone to play with, if this was just a best buds game that move would of been pointless.

Secondly you didn't read my post, the problem isn't me being unwilling to interact with people it's about the tools for interacting for harder content for guild play not being in the game, forcing them to have these out of game sign ups and raid calenders etc

It's not that I want to solo the game, and the whole reason I'm unsubbing is because the only thing left for me are solo dailies and tier 1 flashpoints which I'm already bored ******** of doing.

2. There is an option for Master Looter, start the group and ask people to roll for loot they need, this way you can ensure loot is distributed fairly and to the correct classes first before comp rolls etc.

That's a thing that happened the other day actually, the leader was needing on everything so we asked him to put master looter on for the next boss.. guess who he gave the gear to (or took it rather)?

You don't have to communicate with people to play the game, you have to do so in order to play together with those people. And if they choose to have "poorly managed website", it's their right. You dislike it, godspeed, look for people thinking like you. Hint: most of them drop out before raid ends or are greedy on the loot.

BW won't reinvent internet just so you can visit guildpage entirely inside game.

That's a thing that happened the other day actually, the leader was needing on everything so we asked him to put master looter on for the next boss.. guess who he gave the gear to (or took it rather)?

Really? The leader was needing on everything so you thought making him master looter would change his attitude? You should have left the group and not bothered.

Really? The leader was needing on everything so you thought making him master looter would change his attitude? You should have left the group and not bothered.

Should have vote kicked and then left if vote failed, then add the arse to ignore

You have several avenues to get Black Hole, which, when modded into even a Tionese piece, will get you the set bonus. It's currently top tier, so you have a path to acquiring the best equipment.

You can use the group finder for EV and KP story mode. On my server people are frequently looking for groups in General chat on the fleet for EC story mode. So basically you can experience all of the game's content with the present setup.

One word of advice: read up on and watch videos of EC before you head in there if you are pugging. Spoilers are the price you pay.

Whilst I agree that there aren't really enough tools in game to facilitate endgame content, I'm also 100% sure that in game calendars wouldn't solve the issue either. Picture this scenario:

My guild wants to raid on Thursday, so posts the raid on the ingame calendar for Thursday on Monday evening. Unfortunately, I have RL committments monday, tuesday and wednesday so can't log in and thus can't sign up. I either end up missing the raid by logging in late, or not getting a place because signups are full.

An out of game calendar allows anyone with an internet connection to quickly check events and sign up regardless of whether they have the time to log in or not.

Whilst I understand that an out of game website can sometimes be a chore, it can also be a delight. I've been in the same guild for 5+ years now and never EVER received a spam email because of it, never had an account hacked but instead have joined a really active community where i can interact with friends even if I'm outside of game.

Firstly the idea of an MMO is to interact with other people whether it's to meet new people or play with old friends, not to just interact with your out of game friends only. The reason BW did the server transfers was so there's more people for everyone to play with, if this was just a best buds game that move would of been pointless.

Secondly you didn't read my post, the problem isn't me being unwilling to interact with people it's about the tools for interacting for harder content for guild play not being in the game, forcing them to have these out of game sign ups and raid calenders etc

It's not that I want to solo the game, and the whole reason I'm unsubbing is because the only thing left for me are solo dailies and tier 1 flashpoints which I'm already bored ******** of doing.

Not all guilds do that but is it really that hard to click a couple buttons on a website? It takes 2 mins of time. I do agree that games could and should have built in tools for that purpous but in the meantime... I cant really see someone cancelling a sub because they dont want to waste 2 mins of their life once a week.

Honestly applying to a guild is a pain.but look at it this way.

1. An application shows you can follow instructions- What a raid leader needs.

2.It's alot and i mean alot quicker to apply to a guild then it is to waste countless nights looking for a crapshoot of a pug.

Not all guilds use an application system. When we need to fill a permanent postition we pug till we find someone who is a good fit skill,gear and attitude wise.

Sorry you're cancelling your sub because you can't change your perspective.

Firstly, no one is forcing you to utilize poorly built websites. Second, having an offline community is one of the key factors in an MMO's longevity. lastly, as a GM why would I want my raid calendar and applications soley in game? How do I get the message out or plan when I can't acces the game client? Sometimes you have to do things you don't like in order to do the things you want to do.

Edited by Typeslice

Honestly applying to a guild is a pain.but look at it this way.

1. An application shows you can follow instructions- What a raid leader needs.

2.It's alot and i mean alot quicker to apply to a guild then it is to waste countless nights looking for a crapshoot of a pug.

1/ Since when has signing up on a dodgy looking third party website been a requirement for following instructions?

2/ That's if the guild leader actually checks the guild apps on the site often after inviting a handful of people.. In the mean time you can't go raiding with the guild you just joined even on the pretence of joining it for HM ops as well as the fact if you decide to go and pug it the guild leader moans about it, despite not letting you raid with the guild in the first place. Having all the guild stuff in-game would let you know if you are wasting your time with that guild or not. So far every guild I've joined has been a waste of time.

I put together a HM KP PuG run last night. Took an hour and a half. I didn't care what gear people had (I got good tanks and healers, the rest is gravy.) Most people are well enough geared in Columi to do it.

Did HM EV this weekend and it took an hour.

Just start putting together PuG runs. If they're successful enough they'll become popular and it will be easy for you to get players willing to join up when you're advertising.

I put together a HM KP PuG run last night. Took an hour and a half. I didn't care what gear people had (I got good tanks and healers, the rest is gravy.) Most people are well enough geared in Columi to do it.

Did HM EV this weekend and it took an hour.

Just start putting together PuG runs. If they're successful enough they'll become popular and it will be easy for you to get players willing to join up when you're advertising.

In the first post I explained why I don't want to do PuG HM ops. Put it this way, all I've had from PuG'd HM ops in the past two weeks is a rakata offhand, do you understand the frustration of putting all that effort in for hardly **** all?

Unfortunately guilds in this game don't work the way they should so that's not the answer to that either, I'd just be wasting my time and money continuing to play this game now whether I'd tried to pug it or guild it.

In the first post I explained why I don't want to do PuG HM ops. Put it this way, all I've had from PuG'd HM ops in the past two weeks is a rakata offhand, do you understand the frustration of putting all that effort in for hardly **** all?

Unfortunately guilds in this game don't work the way they should so that's not the answer to that either, I'd just be wasting my time and money continuing to play this game now whether I'd tried to pug it or guild it.

What server are you on? I'm looking for more people to do Ops. for my guild. If you wanna join you are more than welcome. Check the sig for info.

I can understand the concerns of the OP, but I think it's an issue for any MMORPG and PuGs when it comes to tougher content. The disadvantage here specificially is lock outs, because you can't just go grab another PuG, you gotta wait until your lock out is over, unless you compromise and grab a PuG for another Ops, but it is a wee bit of a set back regardless of what you do.

However, I think this is a good reason to be a member of a guild. You can get a regular team or a regular selection of people to Ops with, you'll still get fail runs, especially when you get new 50s or people not used to that ops or playing that class for the ops, but they're more likely to stick around to the end. Our guild gets some pretty good HM runs and people don't have so much of a problem getting full Rakata (I'm just one item off). Just get in a guild that's good for doing Ops and you should have less of a problem doing them. :)

Maybe I missed it in one of your post, but have you built a friends list of competent players from your pugs? I think that it is very very difficult to run HM Ops with random pugs. you have already come across the greedy factor, but the varying degrees of skill also is a problem. find some players that you know can run, befriend them, set a raid schedule with them thru chat, and you are good to go.

lemonade can only be made with lemons. don't fret about the problem when a solution is easily found.

Maybe I missed it in one of your post, but have you built a friends list of competent players from your pugs? I think that it is very very difficult to run HM Ops with random pugs. you have already come across the greedy factor, but the varying degrees of skill also is a problem. find some players that you know can run, befriend them, set a raid schedule with them thru chat, and you are good to go.

lemonade can only be made with lemons. don't fret about the problem when a solution is easily found.

What and actually get seven of those competent PuG's online at the same time that are not busy or haven't already done it? This is what guilds in this game are supposed to do so you can progress through the content together, and I don't see a friends list of pugs respecting a lockout.

Anyway this is my last day subbed I believe, until they open up the game more so I can actually group up and play the content I was paying for without having to jump through loops on third party sites then BW won't be getting another penny from me, I got Diablo 3 and battlefield to keep me busy in the mean time.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

I'm surprised that this thread went 3 pages for a man who fiercely does not want a solution. If you do not like the common guild process with applications and do not like to pug...well you found your solution. Unsubscribe, go find a game that does have not any of these very severe and insurmountable obstacles to get you out of columni gear.

I mean the sheer audacity of anyone suggesting you fill out an application! On a third party website no less! Who has heard of such a thing. It is extremely monstrous to ask someone who will be part of your social environment and part of your hobby to spend 2 minutes to fill out meaningless questions!

Why would anyone suggest that you be a fill in for a regular guild group, or even worse develop the necessary social skills needed to start a weekly raid group of other random players. What sort of insensitive person would come up with such a social paradigm? In an MMO of all places!

What and actually get seven of those competent PuG's online at the same time that are not busy or haven't already done it? This is what guilds in this game are supposed to do so you can progress through the content together, and I don't see a friends list of pugs respecting a lockout.

Anyway this is my last day subbed I believe, until they open up the game more so I can actually group up and play the content I was paying for without having to jump through loops on third party sites then BW won't be getting another penny from me, I got Diablo 3 and battlefield to keep me busy in the mean time.

Wow dude, you really have a poor outlook on life. People are here offering suggestions to you and all you do is shoot them down. Do you really want suggestions or do you just want to go about your solo life and be miserable?

The game is opened up plenty for people to be able to see any content that you want to see. If you dont try to see it then its your fault, not the games. Have fun in D3 and battlefield. You will never find an MMO that suits you because you are too close minded and lazy.

The problem I see is progressing onto HM ops for rakata and above gear is basically not PUG-able, even with well geared players you always run into problems such as people dropping out half way through leaving you with half the lockouts or people being too greedy on gear like needing on all classes of gear making the whole thing a waste of time.

Now the obvious idea would be to join a guild and share the lockouts or have fairer loot rules in place, but here's the problem and where I've hit a wall. Most guilds require you to sign up to external sites and apply for the guild before even being accepted to apply for a raid or even 'like' facebook pages, something I find unacceptable just to play the better content of this game with people I was paying the same monthly fee for.

Ideally there should be in-game guild blogs and raid calendars for this purpose, nobody should be forced to communicate with people externally through poorly managed websites just to play the harder endgame content, it is also a security and privacy risk which can also leave you open to compromised email or out of game harassment.

My current subscription ends in a couple of days, because of this and the difficulty getting into post columi end-game content I will not be re-subscribing until I at I either see some changes or find a guild who don't do none of the things above.

guild websites have been around since and before eq1. ( eq1 was before wow for those of you that think wow was the first mmo) you log onto the the guilds site as a guest, fill out a application and wait in game for a response or email sometimes. there is nothing inherently unsafe about it. it is more unsafe to go to all of these new unproven off mmo sites for tips, gear and etc than a guilds website.

having a feature only in game for raid times is rather stupid. because those that are in game know already about the times. these can be put into the motto and there is no need for a feature.. what is needed is for people for various reasons to get guild information out of game when they are not at home or on their gaming computer.

guild websites keep track of dkp, allow you to sign up or inform fellow players your availability or lack of. they have the loot rules, rules to guild conduct and expectations of yourself in a raid. there are tips, specs and gear recommendations with a opportunity for discussion of these for each class. you would learn a lot from a properly run guild with nice helpful members. the trick is finding the right people.

as far as you not re subbing i personally don't care. it isn't biowares nor the games fault but rather yours. now that you know what a mmo end game is i wish you luck in finding one that fits your needs. being in a guild to complete end game content to get gear has been generic to mmos for some time. to change this for solo players isn't needed as that is what pvp is for. :D