Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 Vanguard Tank Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
4.0 Vanguard Tank Guide

GhOsTPrOz
09.18.2016 , 07:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by trashy_spartan View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you but nope, you're wrong. I raid with 7k dps and during my opener, my threat peaks (on dummy) at 13k, so with passive like reflective armor it can be higher. The best dps in AP peaks at 12k, so i'm still generate more threat without taunts. The only time is use the triple taunts openers is in NiM minefields because I alternate between both of them on the probes.

Again, you're wrong. All attacks have a 50% chance. And no, ion pulse doesn't have the highest threat. It's HIB then stockstrike and then ion pulse. You should really check the threat section in parsely.

I was talking about delaying a procced ion storm so you could use two procced ion storm during a battle focus window.
I said stop picking it apart, it's a free damn guide, like it? Use it! Hate it? Walk away. Why don't you go wrote your own damn guide ******e.
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

Greezt
09.18.2016 , 07:16 AM | #12
The guide is completely fine. If any tank wants to dive right into the deep end and understand all the detailed mechanica, thry can look it up. There's nothing inherently wrong with this one, though, and a tank won't be doing any bad by playing by it.

Don't **** all over it, please.

GhOsTPrOz
09.18.2016 , 08:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
The guide is completely fine. If any tank wants to dive right into the deep end and understand all the detailed mechanica, thry can look it up. There's nothing inherently wrong with this one, though, and a tank won't be doing any bad by playing by it.

Thank you my point exactly! Got this other guy over here telling me all these little tiny mistakes, I wrote this in 4 hours to try to help people not get told I'm wrong on tiny little things that don't matter like how threat generates.

GhOsTPrOz
09.18.2016 , 08:06 AM | #14
Also would like to state that if your threat peaks at 12k as AP you are doing it wrong, I can sometimes open up with 15k DPS and easily above 10k DPS for the first 15 seconds, I am sure my threat is way higher then 12k at this time, there is not a "better" opener then the three taunt opener I stated in my guide because if done right it guarantees aggro for 18 seconds, if that's not enough time for you establish enough aggro ...somethings wrong. Anyway I'm done answering to the little tiny nitpicking, incorrect assumptions and salt.

Tsetso
09.18.2016 , 09:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post

The guide is quite good, but tbh i've been spoiled by dulfy way of formatting so it was a little hard to read.

trashy_spartan
09.19.2016 , 12:38 AM | #16
Don' get me wrong. Writing a guide for beginners is nice but giving them false informations is not. You obviously had misunderstandings about basic knowledge of tanking/vanguard tanking. So take it as an opportunity to improve yourself.

Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
Also would like to state that if your threat peaks at 12k as AP you are doing it wrong, I can sometimes open up with 15k DPS and easily above 10k DPS for the first 15 seconds, I am sure my threat is way higher then 12k at this time, there is not a "better" opener then the three taunt opener I stated in my guide because if done right it guarantees aggro for 18 seconds, if that's not enough time for you establish enough aggro ...somethings wrong. Anyway I'm done answering to the little tiny nitpicking, incorrect assumptions and salt.
That's false. 3 taunts opener helps keeping but doesn't guarantee that you will keep it. I've already ripped aggro from tanks that did 3 taunts opener so you should still give them a proper opener.

GhOsTPrOz
09.19.2016 , 04:26 AM | #17
Don' get me wrong. Writing a guide for beginners is nice but giving them false informations is not. You obviously had misunderstandings about basic knowledge of tanking/vanguard tanking. So take it as an opportunity to improve yourself.

That's false. 3 taunts opener helps keeping but doesn't guarantee that you will keep it. I've already ripped aggro from tanks that did 3 taunts opener so you should still give them a proper opener.
How many times do I have to tell you, I don't care about your opinions, this isn't a pro guide, and these are MY opinions so GO. AWAY.

3 taunt opener when done right gives you a 18 second window of full time taunts, on top of using moves, you should have more then enough aggro, if you don't you did it wrong.

You have no idea what your talking about please just stop.

Torvai
09.19.2016 , 07:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
How many times do I have to tell you, I don't care about your opinions, this isn't a pro guide, and these are MY opinions so GO. AWAY.
First off, I haven't read your guide.

What I don't get is: You post a guide. Obviously you're aware it isn't perfect. But instead of accepting hints and additions that would make you as a player and your guide even better, you start throwing insults at these people.
You're like those bads in GF that start yelling: "I PLAY HOW I WANT, LEAVE ME ALONE" while spamming force storm a single mob.
I don't get it. I consider myself a pretty good player. Cleared all content with my guild at level. But I still come here to the forums to ask questions if I see something I don't understand. I frequently look up guides. Not because I'm a bad player. But because there's always room to improve. And there are always things you don't know yet.

gabigool
09.19.2016 , 10:24 AM | #19
- Taunt adds to you 10% (under 3m ~ 4m, I can't remember the exact range) or 30% (above 4m) of the first person in the aggro table.
My recollection is:
2.75m and closer: +10%
2.76m and further: +30%

Likewise I believe the range to rip threat is identical.

Players 2.75m or closer require an excess of 10% threat to pull
Players 2.76m or further require an excess of 30% threat to pull
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we havenít yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team canít wait to announce it.

Tsetso
09.19.2016 , 10:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
My recollection is:
2.75m and closer: +10%
2.76m and further: +30%

Likewise I believe the range to rip threat is identical.

Players 2.75m or closer require an excess of 10% threat to pull
Players 2.76m or further require an excess of 30% threat to pull
Hmm, rather strange number. Are you sure it's not 2.54? Would make more sense for an american company.