Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 DPS Relics - Serendipitous Assault vs Devastating Vengeance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
4.0 DPS Relics - Serendipitous Assault vs Devastating Vengeance

revcrisis
10.26.2015 , 09:40 AM | #1
Has anyone done a simulation of 4.0 DPS relics? Assuming Focused Retribution (mastery) will your first slotted relic, that leaves Serendipitous Assault (power) vs Devastating Vengeance (crit) as your 2nd option. From early testing, the DV relic seems to give around ~4% more crit chance and crit multiplier when it procs. I'm not sure if this is worth taking over the SA relic, as the SA relic has a higher base stat budget. Thanks.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Arunas
10.26.2015 , 10:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by revcrisis View Post
Has anyone done a simulation of 4.0 DPS relics? Assuming Focused Retribution (mastery) will your first slotted relic, that leaves Serendipitous Assault (power) vs Devastating Vengeance (crit) as your 2nd option. From early testing, the DV relic seems to give around ~4% more crit chance and crit multiplier when it procs. I'm not sure if this is worth taking over the SA relic, as the SA relic has a higher base stat budget. Thanks.
IMO crit relic is not good for specs with autocrit as at certain crit value power gives more benefit than super-surge.

-Sirus-
11.01.2015 , 03:26 PM | #3
my casual glances over most of the top parses from the parsely leaderboard a bit go were all showing power surge and mastery surge

Aelanis
11.01.2015 , 07:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
my casual glances over most of the top parses from the parsely leaderboard a bit go were all showing power surge and mastery surge
It's going to be FA/SR, because the stat jumps on them are 1.5 times as high as, say, Devastating Vengeance.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Torvai
11.02.2015 , 06:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
It's going to be FA/SR, because the stat jumps on them are 1.5 times as high as, say, Devastating Vengeance.
This. And in addition, crit is still rng. You might get unlucky and don't have any crits while it procs, so the proc was wasted. Whereas Power is a flat dps increase. At least as long as you're hitting stuff

Aelanis
11.02.2015 , 03:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
This. And in addition, crit is still rng. You might get unlucky and don't have any crits while it procs, so the proc was wasted. Whereas Power is a flat dps increase. At least as long as you're hitting stuff
That's an awful argument, though, because you could also say "you might get lucky and get all crits while it procs, so the proc was amazing, and you should run it, because it's got a higher potential than power."
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Torvai
11.03.2015 , 07:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
That's an awful argument, though, because you could also say "you might get lucky and get all crits while it procs, so the proc was amazing, and you should run it, because it's got a higher potential than power."
Wasn't an argument really. Just wanted to point it out. I don't like rng, so I'll always go mainstat/power relic. Even if the crit one has higher potential.