Holy crap at IA story and ending!

Smashbrother

Just finished my class story last night, and holy crap!1!! The story had been full of awesome twists and turns, but that ending reveal just blasted my mind.

It's about as crazy good as playing KOTOR for the first time and finding out you're Revan. I went full light side on my IA, and I felt so great. I saw how really terrible the Sith were even to their own allies--they treat non Sith like 2nd class citizens--and it felt really good to be able to change the Empire for the better in my own way. We are like the Night's Watch from Game Of Thrones. Unlike the other classes I've played where they get a huge celebration and awards, nobody really knows who I am, or what I've done, but the galaxy is a much better place because of the things I've done. Truly an unsung hero for the ages!

I've played JK, JC, Trooper, and IA and IA is definitely the best story of the classes I've done so far. The only complaint I have is that I don't get to find out what happens to a certain dark lord of the sith, but hopefully that will get fleshed out when the new class stories come out next year.

For whatever whining and QQ that exist about SWTOR, the class stories are the best and I'm really really glad I played an IA.

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the ending was a big let down to the honest. It felt rushed to a conclusion. The whole "Hunter is a girl" thing wasn't clever, it just felt contrived, like one of the writer's went "Oh crap! We need to put a twist in the ending! Quick guys!". Even Hunter herself said the Star Cabal didn't give a toss if she was a chick.

Again, the Star Cabal were just sort of... there, y'know? We're only informed about how much of a threat they are. We never really get a 'face' to the organisation bar Hunter who is just a sort of glorified hitman. I never got the same satisfaction of beating the villain as I did with Jadus.

I thought the ending was a big let down to the honest. It felt rushed to a conclusion. The whole "Hunter is a girl" thing wasn't clever, it just felt contrived, like one of the writer's went "Oh crap! We need to put a twist in the ending! Quick guys!". Even Hunter herself said the Star Cabal didn't give a toss if she was a chick.

Again, the Star Cabal were just sort of... there, y'know? We're only informed about how much of a threat they are. We never really get a 'face' to the organisation bar Hunter who is just a sort of glorified hitman. I never got the same satisfaction of beating the villain as I did with Jadus.

What? Hunter turning out to be a a girl was *********** awesome. The whole time playing an agent I was wondering why Hunter never actually killed me when he could have done so several times. Why he was usually happy to see me. And it turns out because Hunter was a girl and had feelings for me. That made sense, and didn't feel contrived at all. The cat and mouse with Hunter reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler. Those two had this "frenemies" type relationship, which is what I would describe Hunter and the agent.

Edited by Smashbrother

for God sake put those DAMN SPOILER TAGS!

for God sake put those DAMN SPOILER TAGS!

Could use common sense and avoid threads that have a ridiculously high chance of spoiling something (like this one). "Holy crap at IA story and ending!" Gee, I wonder if there will be spoilers about the agent story ending in this threat, naw, that is ridiculous to think.

Use common sense.

I thought the ending was a big let down to the honest. It felt rushed to a conclusion.

The whole "Hunter is a girl" thing wasn't clever, it just felt contrived, like one of the writer's went "Oh crap! We need to put a twist in the ending! Quick guys!". Even Hunter herself said the Star Cabal didn't give a toss if she was a chick.

You must not have paid much attention to the dialogue on Voss. There's actually clues in the story. There's nothing "quick" about it.

And the final aspect of the story is the former Imperial Intelligence becoming the new leadership of the Star Cabal.

I have something I want to mention here, specifically, regarding Ardun Kothe and "onomataphobia"...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That is all.

The first time around I killed him - but I actually found that letting him live was more satisfying in the end, especially

since you run into him a couple more times....and I felt a lot more satisfied to give him the finger at the end when he wanted me to give him the codex.

Also the line "people may do horrible things but it doesn't mean they have to die for them" was great.

Edited by chuixupu

I loved the IA story over all. I've always tried to ignore the DS/LS options and make choices depending on the situation. Having said that, I started off as kind of a dick-head and killed people and just general douchebaggery. I mean......I was the black-hooded figure of the government. I was often self-serving and unecessarily violent. Morality can go to heck. It wasn't until after I met Darth Jadus, the multitude of corrupt Sith, and the choices brought to me at the end of Chapter 1, that I decided the Empire does not need more *******es when there's a whole council of them lounging at it's helm.

From that point on I strived to be a respectful yet lethal and effective lawman. I would execute only when, as an Imperial Agent, I felt it was necessary for the safety of all. Everyone else was thrown into the slammer or brought before Imperial Intelligence. No undue violence. No gloating. No accepting gifts or payments. The opportunity to serve the Empire and it's citizens is the true reward! My conversation choices were never happy go lucky nor sadistic. I ended up walking the fine gray line of neutrality, with light-sided tendencies.

In the end, no one will ever know of my involvement in saving the galaxy.......and that's just the way I like it.

PS: **** the Sith.

Edited by Sanctioned

You must not have paid much attention to the dialogue on Voss. There's actually clues in the story. There's nothing "quick" about it.

And the final aspect of the story is the former Imperial Intelligence becoming the new leadership of the Star Cabal.

Actually, I thought the revelation Hunter was gay/bi ("send Hunter my love") was a better surprise than "He's a girl" (which hasn't been a surprise since Metroid Prime) because how many times is your antagonist a homosexual without them being OTT and borderline offensively flamboyant?

Also, SIth Intelligence finishes off the Star Cabal, since Cipher Nine goes around serving exclusively the Empire anyway, unless you pick the SIS ending rather than just taking over the Star Cabal.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

What? Hunter turning out to be a a girl was *********** awesome. The whole time playing an agent I was wondering why Hunter never actually killed me when he could have done so several times. Why he was usually happy to see me. And it turns out because Hunter was a girl and had feelings for me. That made sense, and didn't feel contrived at all. The cat and mouse with Hunter reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler. Those two had this "frenemies" type relationship, which is what I would describe Hunter and the agent.

Nah, the fact that Hunter kept controlling me with the codeword made me hate her. It was only when I found out she was a girl did I start to like her :p

You can always tell when someone finishes the story. They post something like this thread. :D

I loved how the story gave you the option to go completely independent and become what some people call the "Imperial Batman." By the end of the second story that was already where I wanted it to go, and having that option made it perfect. Kothe wants the Black Codex? So does the Minister? Sorry, I'm keeping it.

Actually, I thought the revelation Hunter was gay/bi ("send Hunter my love") was a better surprise than "He's a girl" (which hasn't been a surprise since Metroid Prime) because how many times is your antagonist a homosexual without them being OTT and borderline offensively flamboyant?

Also, SIth Intelligence finishes off the Star Cabal, since Cipher Nine goes around serving exclusively the Empire anyway, unless you pick the SIS ending rather than just taking over the Star Cabal.

Well, I was a little shocked only because

Bioware said there were no same gender romances in the game. And that alluded that there was one. Only to find out that it wasn't.

And this season's Dexter has an antagonist who's sexual preference isn't "obvious" and finding out about it simply adds clarity to the character's motivation.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the complaints make me think, "Well, someone wasn't paying all that much attention..."

I mean you're already told that there are big issues with the Old Man's death because Hunter was the only one who has that skill pretty early in Chapter Three.

Then you're told that the former Enforcer (the Shining Man) "shed shapes like a snake" or something - and are shown that he had a wide variety of "forms".

If you were paying attention, the game pretty much tells you, "HUNTER HAS THE ABILITY TO CHANGE HIS APPARENT FORM AT WILL." (yes, I didn't catch it the first time, either. But I didn't catch that Jadus' scientist was building Eradicators, so obviously I wasn't the most perceptive.)

Either way, that Hunter is not 100% who he appears to be shouldn't be a surprise. By Voss, you've pretty much been told "Hunter probably isn't who he appears to be". And while I do find it kind of goofy that Hunter is a female human who looks pretty much exactly like her male Avatar, other than having a different gender, I find that bit goofier than much else...

I've completed the IA story a couple of times, mostly to catch all the stuff I didn't the first time through which was an incredible story. Quite engaging but still I missed some things.

My question for anyone who might know

Did the Agent ever come across Hunter prior to joining the SIS group? Hunter says some subtle stuff that makes you think he's got a thing for the IA, did the IA bang her and forget her. It's like a plot hole somewhere, or was it really just from working together in the SIS that the attraction began? I keep looking for a connection and I suppose there might not be one. What I'm asking is, did I miss something somewhere?

Edited by Nekobaghira

I've completed the IA story a couple of times, mostly to catch all the stuff I didn't the first time through which was an incredible story. Quite engaging but still I missed some things.

My question for anyone who might know

Did the Agent ever come across Hunter prior to joining the SIS group? Hunter says some subtle stuff that makes you think he's got a thing for the IA, did the IA bang her and forget her. It's like a plot hole somewhere, or was it really just from working together in the SIS that the attraction began? I keep looking for a connection and I suppose there might not be one. What I'm asking is, did I miss something somewhere?

Well, obviously Hunter is your sister, Darth Malgus is your father, and you and Hunter were separated at birth. How could you miss that? :p

Well, obviously Hunter is your sister, Darth Malgus is your father, and you and Hunter were separated at birth. How could you miss that? :p

Thats too funny!!! You made me laugh.

I want my changeling powers NAO

Malgus (oh I mean pops), can I take the ship tonight! LMAO

Edited by Nekobaghira