NVIDIA Promo - Does It Work With Existing Accounts?

Ylliarus

Question about the promo from Nvidia, it's basically the title: do you need to be a new user and create a new account to be able to partake in this event or does the giveaway also apply for those who already had an Nvidia account and were using GeForce Experience?

Question about the promo from Nvidia, it's basically the title: do you need to be a new user and create a new account to be able to partake in this event or does the giveaway also apply for those who already had an Nvidia account and were using GeForce Experience?

Ditto on this question, been using GeForce Experience for a while now. I suspect not but a confirmation either way would be appreciated.

Ditto on this question, been using GeForce Experience for a while now. I suspect not but a confirmation either way would be appreciated.

It would be rather silly if it didn't apply to existing users, right? I mean, way to go, only new players can get this but old ones? Nah, why should we reward them for years of loyal use of a product or game. I sincerely hope that the giveaway is also for existing users, if not that will be yet another minus on the growing list of minuses I have regarding Bioware at the moment.

From what I could tell reading the SWTOR and their site, it seems only for NEW accounts.

Hmm... maybe we could get some confirmation about this from Eric just to be sure? So that people like me who already have a Nvidia account and have been using GeForce experience for a long time won't be sitting and hoping for something that won't come.

Hmm... maybe we could get some confirmation about this from Eric just to be sure? So that people like me who already have a Nvidia account and have been using GeForce experience for a long time won't be sitting and hoping for something that won't come.

I agree. That mount looks nice and I'd like to have it but not sure I can since I wouldn't be a "new" member. Been with them for years. :(

Hrm well, since I usually have mine set to "login with Facebook" I logged out and did an actual Nvidia account creation using an alternative e-mail. Suppose that would count, we'll see.

I basically did the same but just registered a new account from within the Experience App. itself. Just to be safe. It would be odd if they don't give the code to existing accounts but I'm not taking any chances...I want that speeder lol.

This is what said on the Nvidia site itself:

We’re giving away STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ “Rule the Galaxy Story Packs” for a limited time to GeForce Experience community members! The new pack includes the epic Knights of the Eternal Throne story expansion with a Level 65 Outlander Character Token, Chiss Talon Interceptor Speeder and the Force Veteran’s Armor Set. Choose your path as a light side hero or dark side villain and fight to rule the galaxy!

So I think current members are able to participate.

Edited by iFenris

This is what said on the Nvidia site itself:

We’re giving away STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ “Rule the Galaxy Story Packs” for a limited time to GeForce Experience community members! The new pack includes the epic Knights of the Eternal Throne story expansion with a Level 65 Outlander Character Token, Chiss Talon Interceptor Speeder and the Force Veteran’s Armor Set. Choose your path as a light side hero or dark side villain and fight to rule the galaxy!

So I think current members are able to participate.

I'm hoping simply having a GeForce Experience account qualifies you as a community member. I don't think you need to do anything special on their forum...do you?

From their promo add:

GIVEAWAYS

CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST GIVEAWAY!

GEFORCE EXPERIENCE REWARDS ITS COMMUNITY

Being a member of the GeForce® Experience™ community means you can get a ton of great giveaways—from game codes to graphics cards and more.

HOW WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A GIVEAWAY?

This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client on December 13. Codes will expire on December 31.

So, it appears that all you need is to be a member before the cutoff date, not a 'New' member. On the 13'th check the Geforce Experience notifications tab, get your code, enter it into the SWTOR code redemption window, and collect your loots.

Edited by Rothie

From their promo add:

GIVEAWAYS

CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST GIVEAWAY!

GEFORCE EXPERIENCE REWARDS ITS COMMUNITY

Being a member of the GeForce® Experience™ community means you can get a ton of great giveaways—from game codes to graphics cards and more.

HOW WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A GIVEAWAY?

This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client on December 13. Codes will expire on December 31.

So, it appears that all you need is to be a member before the cutoff date, not a 'New' member. On the 13'th check the Geforce Experience notifications tab, get your code, enter it into the SWTOR code redemption window, and collect your loots.

Well then, I guess we will learn the truth on the 13th won't we? :) I really hope it's indeed geared to all community members and not just new players. The mount looks really good and frankly... I WANT IT.

Edited by Ylliarus

I must be getting dim in my old age or the wording on the sites is a little vague.

I've been subbed to SWTOR since launch and played for the last six years on NVIDIA cards. Despite having numerous issues with the Geforce experience client during driver updates I've stuck with it and it seems to finally be a stable way of updating.

My NVIDIA Geforce Experience account is set to notify me by email of any upcoming deals but I've had nothing from NVIDIA about this. I only stumbled across it because of the facebook link.

I know marketing like to throw shinies at people to try and lure them in but I'm starting to get a little weary of the lack of interest in rewarding loyalty and support over the lean years.

I hope there's an official clarification at some point before the cut off date.

*PARTICIPATING TERRITORIES INCLUDE: USA, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, NORWAY, NETHERLANDS, DENMARK, AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE, PHILIPPINES, THAILAND, TAIWAN, BRAZIL, MEXICO, ARGENTINA, CHILE, PERU, COLOMBIA.

Usually GeforceExperience giveaways are only applicable to people with a supported GPU, so people with older NVidia cards may not qualify, also people without the latest driver may not qualify, and sometimes this is restricted to new users.

You don't need to do anything in the forums, if you are eligible you will get a notification in the GE software, with a code.

This is how giveaways have worked until august of 2017, the last time i remember getting one.

*PARTICIPATING TERRITORIES INCLUDE: USA, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, NORWAY, NETHERLANDS, DENMARK, AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE, PHILIPPINES, THAILAND, TAIWAN, BRAZIL, MEXICO, ARGENTINA, CHILE, PERU, COLOMBIA.

Usually GeforceExperience giveaways are only applicable to people with a supported GPU, so people with older NVidia cards may not qualify, also people without the latest driver may not qualify, and sometimes this is restricted to new users.

You don't need to do anything in the forums, if you are eligible you will get a notification in the GE software, with a code.

This is how giveaways have worked until august of 2017, the last time i remember getting one.

Well my NVIDIA GPU is only about a year old, I update whenever there is a new update available and my country is listed in the participating countries! So I hope that makes me eligible for it :)

If you aren't eligible for this i would suggest keeping an eye on reddit and ahem "other sites", when they did this with the twitch prime walker (they do have a tendency to make these in a way that many people will be unable to get it) many people gave away codes they weren't going to use (in "other sites" you have to pay for it).

So....just installed the GeForce Experience, had it "optimize" my SWTOR and it fixed it so it won't open. At least it lets you revert back to the previous settings, but GJ all the same.

I've generally found it best to not optimise games.

The optimized version of Fallout 4 it gave me was like a flick book.

I think there are some preferences where you can choose to optimise between performance and quality but overall I find it better to work within the game settings.

I've generally found it best to not optimise games.

The optimized version of Fallout 4 it gave me was like a flick book.

I think there are some preferences where you can choose to optimise between performance and quality but overall I find it better to work within the game settings.

Yeah, I didn't specifically ask for it to optimize, it did it automatically as soon as I installed. At least it was only a couple of clicks to fix, but I'm sure there's gonna be some threads started from people complaining about this shortly.