Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

Pompeia

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to use your own forums to break the news BW!!!!! :rolleyes:

Daniel Erickson: 1.3 is primarily a features update, adding new functionality and quality of life systems to the game. Expect a return to big content with 1.4. We do not currently have a release date for 1.3 we want to share but it’s on a much shorter development cycle than 1.2 was.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

Way to use your own forums to break the news BW!!!!! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Its not breaking news, their has already been a dev post that listed everything there and other game sites had the same article atleast 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Mallorik

I believe you mean LFG?

I can only think of one thing the 'D' could stand for, and I don't really think... ...

d is for dungeon

and i'm pretty excited :D wait the lfg finder is only server side? atleast they are bringing transfers :D

Its not breaking news, their has already been a dev post that listed everything there and other game sites had the same article atleast 2 weeks ago.

No sticky in the forums concerning this information nor is there a blog entry. Also no link on this site under media section for latest videos.

If there is please link.

Edited by Urael

Mr. Erickson is quoted as saying:

Space is still heavily utilized by our playerbase, according to our metrics.

Can I ask how metrics show if a player is actually enjoying a system rather than using it as a means to an end?

I swore off using the Space system because it really felt like an insult to my intelligence. But I began using it a few weeks ago after 1.2 because of the ability to obtain rare crafting mats. Now I still thoroughly dislike the current space on rails system, but it is a necessary evil for me at the moment. How do the metrics register my dislike of the system, and not give BioWare a 'false positive' reading..ie they use metrics to infer that I like the space system when I don't.

LFG Finder will be useless since its server side only.

Yeah, the small amount of hope i started to have that bioware has finaly figured out how to run an mmo went right back out the window when erickson said "We still want to respect the communities that have developed on servers so it does not support cross-server play."

lol what communties have developed? when your server goes from full to 5 people in 4 months that isnt "developing a cummintiy"

But i also found it funny that the new lfg tool insta ports you to the fp, something alot of the anti cross server people were ranting about.

We can just cross our fingers and hope they are working on a x server tool behind the scenes so when this one fails 2 weeks or a month after its released it doesnt take bioware 3 months to implement it while servers empty out again.

I lol'ed then stopped reading as soon as I read the in this introduction....... "Following up on the sizeable 1.2 Legacy content update" ..... you think they got confused and mis-quoted " Following up on the sizeable costs in 1.2 Legacy content update "

I lol'ed then stopped reading as soon as I read the in this introduction....... "Following up on the sizeable 1.2 Legacy content update" ..... you think they got confused and mis-quoted " Following up on the sizeable costs in 1.2 Legacy content update "

lol Yeah, or when he said 'We seen a huge uptick in players...'

No sticky in the forums concerning this information nor is there a blog entry. Also no link on this site under media section for latest videos.

If there is please link.

DarthHater and at least one more site already had this info (not the video though) and if you read the dev tracker its all been in there too. I would guess that this is our "Big news coming next week" that stephen reid tweeted about friday.

Ign either got permission to break it early or they jumped the gun. but im willing to bet this will all be on the swtor site today.

Edited by Mallorik

Server transfers or no, lack of cross realm queuing plus lack of cross realm PVP is ridiculous in this day and age. With same server, you'll find a group ok at peak hours. Good luck if you're one of the people that play in off hours though.

It's has more to do with that there still needs to be people on the server for a LFG system to work inside that server.

(1) Even with declining populations, it will not be "useless". (2) The issue of declining populations is being addressed separately with character transfers.

I have never seen a community so full of self-pity.

(1) Even with declining populations, it will not be "useless". (2) The issue of declining populations is being addressed separately with character transfers.

I have never seen a community so full of self-pity.

I feel the same way when I read the forums. I'm thinking, "man, this guy must've had a hard life. Even when life doesn't give him lemons. He goes out and finds some!"

Yeah, the small amount of hope i started to have that bioware has finaly figured out how to run an mmo went right back out the window when erickson said "We still want to respect the communities that have developed on servers so it does not support cross-server play."

lol what communties have developed? when your server goes from full to 5 people in 4 months that isnt "developing a cummintiy"

But i also found it funny that the new lfg tool insta ports you to the fp, something alot of the anti cross server people were ranting about.

We can just cross our fingers and hope they are working on a x server tool behind the scenes so when this one fails 2 weeks or a month after its released it doesnt take bioware 3 months to implement it while servers empty out again.

Cross server LFG promotes ninja looting and general dick-headedness.

Just look at WoW as an example.

If BW ever goes cross-server LFG, I'll cancel.