Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key Vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zechio
12.21.2011 , 12:00 PM | #11
While I agree with all the "who cares, secure your account" as the vendor is just a bonus, I must warn that it does NOT completely secure your account. If you still download lots of viruses, you can still lose your account. Nothing can secure your account, only add another layer.
Dark Lord Zemerick, Leader of Imperium Inferi, and destroyer of hope.

Remember the cookie!

gnomoarigato
12.21.2011 , 12:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TangledDruid View Post
Some companion customizations.
A return to fleet item ( But I have a skill that does the same thing)

A set of clothing - imho ugly as heck.

*Edit* securing your account is a good idea.. but I am regretting it - it drives me crazy having to find my phone every time I want to login.
I hear ya, that's why I went ahead and bought the physical key. I always have my keys nearby and I don't have to worry about those days when I forget to charge my phone.
Jedi Consular
"Grandfather, can't we resolve this conflict without anger?"

JSykes
12.21.2011 , 12:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dreadpirateandy View Post
Anyone can get hacked. Even if you're smart enough to manage to stay away from obvious keyloggers, what about ads? Even legitimate websites, even Google, have had compromised ad servers and display malicious ads that give you keyloggers even though you don't click anything. Or your network, even if you're smart enough to stay away from malicious code, a friend, roommate, or family member on your network could get their computer infected and it could jump to yours.
It's called having a secure system. I don't run around with no AV, anti-adware, anti-malware none of that. In the past 4 years, I have gotten 1 malicious thing on my computer, ONE.
Representation of TOR from Launch to the end of the free month is here.

VicSkimmr
12.21.2011 , 12:21 PM | #14
you're unbelievably naive
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

SKULLPHYRE
12.21.2011 , 12:24 PM | #15
How do you take it off once you secure if if wanted?

SgtFrog
12.21.2011 , 12:26 PM | #16
I never use the security key crap, never had my account hacked.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

Spector
12.21.2011 , 02:01 PM | #17
For $4-$6 for the key or free on the phone it's pretty cheap easy insurance for your account!
Spector - Sith Inquisitor/Assassin Kpax - Jedi/Guardian -
R.I.P. SWG - Spector/Shadowfire Kpax/Chilastra 2003-2011
"It's better to have an honest enemy than a false friend"-Jaga

Zulfur
12.21.2011 , 02:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jayenomics View Post
Is the hassle of securing you account worth it? Yes.
+1 - Point Taken in full, no change needed
█{╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████████████████████████████████)

Zchizo
12.21.2011 , 02:12 PM | #19
All i can say is that im using it purely for account security and ill be the first trolling away in some guys thread where hes QQ'ing about his account being hacked etc.

BardMedicine
12.21.2011 , 02:16 PM | #20
You can believe yourself completely secure, but if the account hackers want in, they will get in. For example, in Rift, the game's database was compromised and many people's accounts got hacked despite having done nothing at all. It can happen. Well worth $6 (or free phone app) to have that extra security layer.