Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do modern MMO's complicate gearing at endgame?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why do modern MMO's complicate gearing at endgame?

Lhancelot
09.23.2019 , 03:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
This, of course, is purely your own personal opinion. But, your opinion does not actually make the game awful - it's still just an opinion.
nautrally it's MY opinion, lol. Do I need to add that in so people realize what I state is an opinion and not a fact? I may present my opinion strongly and word it as factual but I shouldn't have to remind people that yes, I am expressing my opinion. I am pretty sure readers know that it's my opinion.

But what's not opinion is the population has dropped after each and every large update, leaving us with less and less players. I suppose it could be just coincidence, too. Maybe people just suddenly felt like quitting and going to other games for absolutely no reason at all.

I feel pretty confident my impression of the game design choices BW has made have been awful, especially when I can read what content creators write, pretty much exactly as I feel about the game's past updates as well as how they so far have developed 6.0.

For their sake and ours I hope they make massive changes, especially regarding RNG layered on top of RNG as well as the crafting changes which seem to be the last facet of the game they have not utterly destroyed. They can accomplish that with 6.0 though, so we will see.

I take no pride in expressing accurate critical and often bad impressions of how the game has been developed, but sometimes the truth isn't always pleasant but it's the truth. No matter how we try to hide it, the truth is always there.

The OP expresses the same frustration as me. I guess it doesn't matter either, right? being an opinion and all. About opinions, that's what all of us add here when we assess the game, I mean it's subjective what one person likes or dislikes.

TL;DR

Unfortunately, regarding game design choices BW has made for SWTOR, my opinion is they have been awful and only served to reduce the game's population after each and every large update that has changed gameplay.

Although my opinion, this much is a fact.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

OlBuzzard
09.23.2019 , 04:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
nautrally it's MY opinion, lol. Do I need to add that in so people realize what I state is an opinion and not a fact? I may present my opinion strongly and word it as factual but I shouldn't have to remind people that yes, I am expressing my opinion. I am pretty sure readers know that it's my opinion.

But what's not opinion is the population has dropped after each and every large update, leaving us with less and less players. I suppose it could be just coincidence, too. Maybe people just suddenly felt like quitting and going to other games for absolutely no reason at all.

I feel pretty confident my impression of the game design choices BW has made have been awful, especially when I can read what content creators write, pretty much exactly as I feel about the game's past updates as well as how they so far have developed 6.0.

For their sake and ours I hope they make massive changes, especially regarding RNG layered on top of RNG as well as the crafting changes which seem to be the last facet of the game they have not utterly destroyed. They can accomplish that with 6.0 though, so we will see.

I take no pride in expressing accurate critical and often bad impressions of how the game has been developed, but sometimes the truth isn't always pleasant but it's the truth. No matter how we try to hide it, the truth is always there.

The OP expresses the same frustration as me. I guess it doesn't matter either, right? being an opinion and all. About opinions, that's what all of us add here when we assess the game, I mean it's subjective what one person likes or dislikes.

TL;DR

Unfortunately, regarding game design choices BW has made for SWTOR, my opinion is they have been awful and only served to reduce the game's population after each and every large update that has changed gameplay.

Although my opinion, this much is a fact.
In light of OP .. to get to the bottom of the current state of the game there are other issues to review. IMO the only down side of focusing on obtaining gear mechanics is the possibility of ignoring other issues of equal value. Well to some players these "other issues" are of equal value:
* PvP updates / gear / zones and other concerns. There are literally dozens of posts on this topic as well
* companions mostly bricked for some time now. The probably is that due to the cost of production of as many active companions as there are it will no longer be possible to see them as we once did.
* crafting in 6.0 has several issues that seem to surround the cost and availability of mats .
* content in PvE no one knows for certain. We have seen the art work on PTS and that is excellent. But the simple fact is that we know very little about the up coming stories / content.
* additional strong holds and addressing additional issues surrounding them ( item placement / and a wider variety of SH items )

Many of these concerns have been going on for a while now. This list is not comprehensive by any stretch.

That said it is difficult for some to take at face value additional promises when we have waited for so long to get to where we are at.

For me personally NO ! I'm not ready to start piling up the wood to burn the heretics just yet. I will wait for 6.0 to be more specific in asking questions as to what has been ignored and why ??

This game undeniably has as much potential as any I've seen in a long, long, time !!

I wish that there was more that I could do personally to encourage the right people to make this the best game possible. All we can do is to post on these threads and hope that someone cares enough to see those concerns translated into action or at the least a response with some positive information as to what (if anything ) can be done ..

At any rate IMO "complicated gearing" is just one aspect of the game as a whole !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|