Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I got a patch on non-stream launcher, what was it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I got a patch on non-stream launcher, what was it?

ShieldProtection
09.22.2019 , 02:59 AM | #1
I did not see any warnings on my launcher, Main assets 306 its a bit large and still downloading right now. Game was working yesterday without problems. Any idea what is this? Did I ever tell you I do love patch notes?
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

ShieldProtection
09.22.2019 , 03:05 AM | #2
SORRY wrong alert, I have SWTOR installed both on my harddisk and my SSD, so since Windows 10 is a true form of cancer and this morning decided to delete all my pinned icons on my task bar, I was rebuilding my icons so mistakenly I used old shortcut and that triggered a patch on old installation. I took SSD shortcut and there is no patch.

sorry guys
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

SteveTheCynic
09.22.2019 , 04:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ShieldProtection View Post
Windows 10 is a true form of cancer
This sort of phrasing, meant to say "X is a bad thing", is really annoying. I had to watch the late Mrs Cynic die of an actual "true form of cancer" (advice: don't ever get kidney cancer(1)), and I can tell you that no matter how bad Windows 10 is (and I'm not in any way defending its oddities(2)), it's almost infinitely less bad than actual real cancer.

(1) It's resistant to radiation therapy *and* classic chemotherapy, and it's very easy for the diagnosis to be made when the cancer has already reached Stage 3 or 4, and has probably already metastasised. Bad news. Drugs like Sutent or Afinitor might or might not do anything useful.

(2) Pay attention to my rants about Windows Modules Installer Worker, for example. I'd also note that once Windows itself is on an SSD, WMIW becomes much, much less bothersome.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.